Gun laws

Guest Guest

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would not keep hime from painting it to confuse law enforcement or to hide the weapon. It would be nice to be able to charge a criminal who paints their gun for this purpose. Obviously you are also a person who has not been at risk of injuring or killing a person who had what turned out to be a toy.

If it is a toy, it is supposed to be marked with a bright orange muzzle. It is a law in NY to have this and altering it is illegal.

If you were at risk of killing a kid because they were holding a toy, you should immediately surrender your firearms as you obviously do not have the ability to own them safely.

If it is a toy, it is supposed to be marked with a bright orange muzzle. It is a law in NY to have this and altering it is illegal.

If you were at risk of killing a kid because they were holding a toy, you should immediately surrender your firearms as you obviously do not have the ability to own them safely.

Usually I give you the benefit of the doubt but on this topic you just sound like an ignorant fool.

Wow. It is illegal to alter it????? NO CLUE. Tell that to the juveniles who buy them and immediately remove it or cover it with black marker. Your experience on this topic is non-existent. Stick to your reloading web sites.

Try responding to a person with a gun call, in the middle of the night, in a dark area, and have an unknown subject fitting the limited description, suddenly turn around on you with a "toy gun" in his hand. Wake up you idiot. You are the one who sounds like he shouldn't own any guns. Your limited intelligence and experience would cause a reasonable person to question your judgement.

Usually I give you the benefit of the doubt but on this topic you just sound like an ignorant fool.

Wow. It is illegal to alter it????? NO CLUE. Tell that to the juveniles who buy them and immediately remove it or cover it with black marker. Your experience on this topic is non-existent. Stick to your reloading web sites.

Try responding to a person with a gun call, in the middle of the night, in a dark area, and have an unknown subject fitting the limited description, suddenly turn around on you with a "toy gun" in his hand. Wake up you idiot. You are the one who sounds like he shouldn't own any guns. Your limited intelligence and experience would cause a reasonable person to question your judgement.

You are making yourself sound like a law enforcement official so why would you not know the following NYS LAW?

§ 871. Definitions. 1. "Firearm" as used in this section shall have

the same meaning as that term is defined by subdivision three of section

265.00 of the penal law and shall include machine guns, rifles and

shotguns as those terms are defined by subdivisions one, eleven and

twelve, respectively, of section 265.00 of the penal law.

2. "Imitation weapon" means any device or object made of plastic,

wood, metal or any other material which substantially duplicates or can

reasonably be perceived to be an actual firearm, air rifle, pellet gun,

or "B-B" gun; unless such imitation weapon (a) is colored other than

black, blue, silver or aluminum, (B) is marked with a non-removable

orange stripe which is at least one inch in width and runs the entire

length of the barrel on each side and the front end of the barrel, and

© has a barrel at least one inch in diameter that is closed for a

distance of not less than one-half inch from the front-end of its barrel

with the same material of which the imitation weapon is made. "Imitation

weapon" does not include any nonfiring replica of an antique firearm,

the original of which was designed, manufactured and produced prior to

eighteen hundred ninety-eight.

Note the spot in the law where it states, "is marked with a non-removable

orange stripe". Do you know what NON-REMOVABLE means? As a law enforcement official, you probably should!!

I will make you a deal, I will stick to reloading so long as you DONT stick to law enforcement.

And 30,000 people a year don't exist anymore because of them.

The price of freedom. Millions died in wars defending the 2nd Amendment. There is no comparison.

The price of freedom. Millions died in wars defending the 2nd Amendment. There is no comparison.

They were defending the 2nd Amendment? That's why we went to war? Oh - ok. :blink:

Lamest arguement ever. How many people don't exist because of swimming pools, cars, flights of stairs.

Come back when you develop an intelligent argument, junior.

[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.

---James Madison,The Federalist Papers, No. 46.

Lamest arguement ever. How many people don't exist because of swimming pools, cars, flights of stairs.

Come back when you develop an intelligent argument, junior.

Swimming pools, cars, and flights of stairs aren't specifically designed to kill people junior.

Come back when you understand the difference.

Swimming pools, cars, and flights of stairs aren't specifically designed to kill people junior.

Come back when you understand the difference.

They arent designed specifically kill people you dolt. Come back when you know what you are talking about.

[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.

Things have changed since when that was written and the firearms of choice were single shot flintlocks and muskets.

You are making yourself sound like a law enforcement official so why would you not know the following NYS LAW?

§ 871. Definitions. 1. "Firearm" as used in this section shall have

the same meaning as that term is defined by subdivision three of section

265.00 of the penal law and shall include machine guns, rifles and

shotguns as those terms are defined by subdivisions one, eleven and

twelve, respectively, of section 265.00 of the penal law.

2. "Imitation weapon" means any device or object made of plastic,

wood, metal or any other material which substantially duplicates or can

reasonably be perceived to be an actual firearm, air rifle, pellet gun,

or "B-B" gun; unless such imitation weapon (a) is colored other than

black, blue, silver or aluminum, (B) is marked with a non-removable

orange stripe which is at least one inch in width and runs the entire

length of the barrel on each side and the front end of the barrel, and

© has a barrel at least one inch in diameter that is closed for a

distance of not less than one-half inch from the front-end of its barrel

with the same material of which the imitation weapon is made. "Imitation

weapon" does not include any nonfiring replica of an antique firearm,

the original of which was designed, manufactured and produced prior to

eighteen hundred ninety-eight.

Note the spot in the law where it states, "is marked with a non-removable

orange stripe". Do you know what NON-REMOVABLE means? As a law enforcement official, you probably should!!

I will make you a deal, I will stick to reloading so long as you DONT stick to law enforcement.

WOW! Any credibility you may have had is now totally gone. POOF. If people actually followed the law we would not be having this discussion. I am intimately familiar with the law and how it is applied. While this section deals with the mostly useless orange stripe, it does not address the original topic of painting REAL guns. Let me help you out. Just because it says it in a law does not mean that people will follow it. If that were true then we would not need anything beyond the original 10 Commandments. How you have managed not to blow up all of your guns with your reloads is beyond me.

Things have changed since when that was written and the firearms of choice were single shot flintlocks and muskets.

What? Were you alive back then? :rolleyes:

AGAIN... not TRUE! You simply dont have a clue!

By the mid to late 1700's there were side by side pistols, tap pistols, and the notorius ducks foot. Guns were growing incredibly smaller as well for ease of concealability.

Those flintlocks were the modern firearms of the day. Just like semi autos are the modern firearms of today. Our rights are not based on technology.

WOW! Any credibility you may have had is now totally gone. POOF. If people actually followed the law we would not be having this discussion. I am intimately familiar with the law and how it is applied. While this section deals with the mostly useless orange stripe, it does not address the original topic of painting REAL guns. Let me help you out. Just because it says it in a law does not mean that people will follow it. If that were true then we would not need anything beyond the original 10 Commandments. How you have managed not to blow up all of your guns with your reloads is beyond me.

Well, thank YOU for proving my point you jackass!!!!!

You can make all the laws in the friggen world and it wont stop crap from happening because PEOPLE WILL NOT FOLLOW THE FRIGGEN LAWS!!! Jeez you are flippin THICK!

Once the government takes away firearms, who's in control of the people? The government. That is not freedom.....

Well, thank YOU for proving my point you jackass!!!!!

You can make all the laws in the friggen world and it wont stop crap from happening because PEOPLE WILL NOT FOLLOW THE FRIGGEN LAWS!!! Jeez you are flippin THICK!

So now I have proved your point for you? My point was you are ignorant and don't know what you are talking about. It is nice to see we agree. Take your meds and go back to bed.

Once the government takes away firearms, who's in control of the people? The government. That is not freedom.....

Guess what - you can have all the guns you want or none at all and the government will still control you. It's a lame excuse.

So now I have proved your point for you? My point was you are ignorant and don't know what you are talking about. It is nice to see we agree. Take your meds and go back to bed.

The quote of a beaten man.

Thanks for the morning pick me up! :lol:

Paramus Officer Shot Sunday Still Critical, Details Emerge on Suspect

A female Paramus police officer shot multiple times late Sunday underwent surgery this morning and is listed in critical but stable condition, authorities said.

Rachel Morgan, 31, a member of the department for two years, was struck "more than once in the abdomen area" when the man she was chasing on Route 17 opened fire as she approached his spun-out car, Bergen County Prosecutor John Molinelli said.

A troubled 23-year-old Westwood man, Michael Sean "Mickey" Carmody, was identified Monday morning as the shooter. Carmody was shot several times by at least one other Paramus officer who arrived at the scene, Molinelli said.

Archived