What the hell happened

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
I can still remember the butterflies in my stomach when we started dating.

I remember the first time we made love I miss that so much.

I was so sure she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

Its been 21 years, I feel like I went to sleep and woke up with a stranger.

Everything I ever wanted is gone

You once took pride in yourself and our home. Now both of you are broken down and dirty.

I spent the past 21 years working to take care of you and our children looking forward to retiring and spending time with you. You were too busy worrying about yourself and wollowing in your self pitty. You sleep in, take afternoon naps, and are sleeping by 10pm. When do you expect me to be spontaneous?

Your life has become a constant stream of irrational demands and I am afraid I can take it no longer.

Take control of yourself or hit the bricks.

Oh Honey - I try to hug you, but your beer gut prevents me from doing so. I yearn to kiss you but your cigarette/beefjerky/beer breath prevents me from doing so. I ache to make you a romantic dinner, but your farts, burps, and lung chunk coughing prevents me from doing so. I tried to snuggle under the covers last night, but your infected, 3 inch long toenails prevented me from doing so. I closed my eyes, held my nose, and kissed your cheek, but your stubble tore the skin from my lips. How interesting you criticize me, but have failed to make yourself desirable too. Hmmmm.

Guest Guest
Oh Honey - I try to hug you, but your beer gut prevents me from doing so. I yearn to kiss you but your cigarette/beefjerky/beer breath prevents me from doing so. I ache to make you a romantic dinner, but your farts, burps, and lung chunk coughing prevents me from doing so. I tried to snuggle under the covers last night, but your infected, 3 inch long toenails prevented me from doing so. I closed my eyes, held my nose, and kissed your cheek, but your stubble tore the skin from my lips. How interesting you criticize me, but have failed to make yourself desirable too. Hmmmm.

You know I would laugh if this didnt hit quite so close to home.

This is just...revolting.

Guest Old & Saggy
I can still remember the butterflies in my stomach when we started dating

I was so sure he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

All my dreams have turned into nightmares.

What the hell happened?

Maybe you got old and Saggy, Gravity has brought the once tight girls down to your belly button. There is nothing for your man to explore, he's had the ride and it's a bumpy road that has never been repaved.

Guest Guest
I would love to know the answer to that question a couple of times over.

but, I also just might know the answer. Its just an ugly one

Once a man knows he has you "hooked" he starts to show his true colors. He no longer has to try he knows he has you right where he wants you..... thats when the affection all but stops and he begins finding fault with you at every turn etc etc etc

So my plan going forward.....never let a man know he has you hooked! Maintain a "distance" within yourself towards him and never ever drop the "L" bomb, because once you do you are doomed.

I've been thinking just the same, in reverse.

Once a woman knows you're at her disposal, she loses interest and considers you a plaything. Something to do until Mr. Right comes along.

Once you tell her you love her, she's a totally different person. You can never get anything right enough for her.

I'm sorry ladies, but this is just too funny to get mad at. It also sounds like my mother and my father both. I however DID learn from there mistakes and keep myself up for my husband and even though I have gained 20 pounds since we got married, he still brings me flowers, candy and a pretty regular date night. And I can still make him breath like he did the first time we made wild monkey sex- :o

Guest Guest
I've been thinking just the same, in reverse.

Once a woman knows you're at her disposal, she loses interest and considers you a plaything. Something to do until Mr. Right comes along.

Once you tell her you love her, she's a totally different person. You can never get anything right enough for her.

Are you trying to say the men don't "let themselves go"? get real

Guest Guest
Are you trying to say the men don't "let themselves go"? get real

No, I wasn't talking about the "letting yourself go" thing.

Go back and reread my post and the one I replied to.

I'm talking about when you let the woman know she's "got you", when you've committed yourself to her. Quite often she loses interest because there's no challenge anymore, no "thrill of being chased." Then she's on to the next conquest.

@

No, I wasn't talking about the "letting yourself go" thing.

Go back and reread my post and the one I replied to.

I'm talking about when you let the woman know she's "got you", when you've committed yourself to her. Quite often she loses interest because there's no challenge anymore, no "thrill of being chased." Then she's on to the next conquest.

@

So challenge her!!!!!!!!!!! Give her cute little things to throw her off. If she is in a bad mood, give her flowers and say "Just because I love you." She won't know what to think and give you a little and you will BOTH be happier. Try it. You might like it. :rolleyes:;)

Guest Guest
So challenge her!!!!!!!!!!! Give her cute little things to throw her off. If she is in a bad mood, give her flowers and say "Just because I love you." She won't know what to think and give you a little and you will BOTH be happier. Try it. You might like it. :rolleyes:;)

Give her flowers???

Were you following my posts??

Guest Ghost Post
I can still remember the butterflies in my stomach when we started dating.

I was so sure she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

You once took pride in yourself and our home. Now both of you are broken down and dirty.

I spent the past 21 years working to take care of you and our children looking forward to retiring and spending time with you. You were too busy worrying about yourself and wollowing in your self pitty. You sleep in, take afternoon naps, and are sleeping by 10pm. When do you expect me to be spontaneous?

Your life has become a constant stream of irrational demands and I am afraid I can take it no longer.

Take control of yourself or hit the bricks.

Paging Diogenes...Paging Diogenes... We have found your Honest Man...

Well, we got both sides of the story, at any rate.

@

Guest Ghost Post
This is so true and I tell my sig other this all of the time. In the beginning they do their best to impress you, make you happy, etc. They set up special dates, bring you flowers, are considerate and loving. Then, once they "hook you" its out the window. No matter if you are still attractive, independant, what ever...The "thrill" is over. They have you. It's sad but true. And maybe, just maybe, if this did not occur, the divorce rate wouldn't be as high as it is now....I knwo that this is sometimes true for men too and it is the woman who lets herself go. If we tried more to impress our mates and keep them interested, show respect and love continually, the world would be a better place and our children would have a happier home.....but them you would have to be of unselfish character and that is not easily found these days.

Yah, it is so true...Much like the women who are terrific lovers until they get The One Ring... Then..."Hear the Law! Thursday nights only, under the covers, after 11 p.m. and forget the fancy stuff, buddy! You've got 5 minutes, and no more! You'll take what you get and like it! If you don't like it, tough! Let me catch you getting what you want elsewhere and I'll rip your genitals out through your wallet! And by the way, I need a new yardstick. I have to shop for pants tomorrow..."

Guest country girl2
Yah, it is so true...Much like the women who are terrific lovers until they get The One Ring... Then..."Hear the Law! Thursday nights only, under the covers, after 11 p.m. and forget the fancy stuff, buddy! You've got 5 minutes, and no more! You'll take what you get and like it! If you don't like it, tough! Let me catch you getting what you want elsewhere and I'll rip your genitals out through your wallet! And by the way, I need a new yardstick. I have to shop for pants tomorrow..."

:lol:

Guest Ghost Post

So... How's the weather on your planet?

You CAN'T be serious. As far as I can tell, women only want sensitive, sweet men until they actually FIND one. Then all of a sudden, they're only aroused by beer-swilling, testosterone-dripping, macho-overdriven, abusive Neanderthals with more tattoos than I.Q. points who think "WWF Wrestling" is a sport and who reek of unwashed armpit -- What they refer to as "REAL men!"

Women appear to regard a nice man as something "Nutritious and delicious that tastes just like chicken!"

@

Guest Ghost Post
I can still remember the butterflies in my stomach when we started dating

I was so sure he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

All my dreams have turned into nightmares.

What the hell happened?

Oh, no! Quick, someone call WHINE-1-1!

Guest Guest
So... How's the weather on your planet?

You CAN'T be serious. As far as I can tell, women only want sensitive, sweet men until they actually FIND one. Then all of a sudden, they're only aroused by beer-swilling, testosterone-dripping, macho-overdriven, abusive Neanderthals with more tattoos than I.Q. points who think "WWF Wrestling" is a sport and who reek of unwashed armpit -- What they refer to as "REAL men!"

Women appear to regard a nice man as something "Nutritious and delicious that tastes just like chicken!"

@

A lot of the super macho, abusive, bad boy-type "real men" don't wear leather and have tats. Many of them have jobs, wear ties and look and act normal to everyone around them. It's only their women who see the Evil Twin who only comes out at home. THIS is the man they cannot get enough of.

Guest Guest

I dont think the ring has anything to do with t I think it has to do with not really knowing each other and having unreal expectations about marriage.

I am not saying this is everyones experience, I can only speak for myself.

I thought once we were married we would share EVERYTHING. I thought we would BOTH go to work everyday. That we would SHARE the household responsibilities. I thought the "little black book" would disappear.

A typical day goes like this;

My husband gets up anywhere between 3AM and 6AM (because he fell a sleep on the couch 2-3 hours before going to bed) He goes into the bathroom-turns on lights,runs water,coughs and gags,goes to the kitchen for food and drinks. He then goes to the LR, TURNS ON THE TV, reads the paper on line, and might fall back to sleep on the couch. After not being able to get back to sleep I finally get up between 7-7:30AM.

I make the bed, let the dog out, make coffee,watch TV for about an hour. I work a part time job so I can get some things done before I go to work- the dishes from last nights dinner, a load or two of laundry, maybe run some errands.

My husband works 2 days a week so he is usually in the recliner (right where I left him when I went to work) I dont know what he we does all day- if I leave the dishes in the sink he will do them and if he needs clothes for work he will do a load of laundry, and he lets the dog out.

As soon as I walk in the door I start dinner. I take his plate to him( in the recliner). We eat in front of the TV. He takes the plates to the kitchen counter and returns to the recliner. We watch TV, usually 2-3 programs at once. Rarely do I get to watch what I want It is usually sports,politics,history channel or old westerns. I read, use the computer, and fall asleep out of boredom around 9:30 - 10:00. I wake up to the news, sometimes to him snoring,death gripping the remote. We go to bed at 11PM. Again with the TV on and flipping channels. If I try to cuddle he tells me he cant sleep with me on his shoulder and he has to be on his side. (facing the TV).

He goes out once a week with the guys. He used to stay out late and come home drunk This has changed and he is almost always home by 8 PM.

Meetings and social events are part of his job. I rarely am asked to attend. The only social life we have revolves around his job.

My husband is a good provider, he is very responsible when it comes to finances. Although we have different opinions on parenting, he is a good father. I love my husband, but this is not the man I fell in love with. This is not the kind of life I had planned.

You are all quick to blame the woman for letting themselves go. Do you think our life would be better if I had my hair and my nails done weekly? I guarantee you if I spent the money for that I would hear about it.

Guest Guest

Wow. I sure am glad to be single after reading that, and I'm in my early 50's.

Thanks for curing me of any fleeting thoughts of ever getting married again.

YOU, lady, just made my Christmas card list.

Guest Guest
I dont think the ring has anything to do with t I think it has to do with not really knowing each other and having unreal expectations about marriage.

I am not saying this is everyones experience, I can only speak for myself.

I thought once we were married we would share EVERYTHING. I thought we would BOTH go to work everyday. That we would SHARE the household responsibilities. I thought the "little black book" would disappear.

A typical day goes like this;

My husband gets up anywhere between 3AM and 6AM (because he fell a sleep on the couch 2-3 hours before going to bed) He goes into the bathroom-turns on lights,runs water,coughs and gags,goes to the kitchen for food and drinks. He then goes to the LR, TURNS ON THE TV, reads the paper on line, and might fall back to sleep on the couch. After not being able to get back to sleep I finally get up between 7-7:30AM.

I make the bed, let the dog out, make coffee,watch TV for about an hour. I work a part time job so I can get some things done before I go to work- the dishes from last nights dinner, a load or two of laundry, maybe run some errands.

My husband works 2 days a week so he is usually in the recliner (right where I left him when I went to work) I dont know what he we does all day- if I leave the dishes in the sink he will do them and if he needs clothes for work he will do a load of laundry, and he lets the dog out.

As soon as I walk in the door I start dinner. I take his plate to him( in the recliner). We eat in front of the TV. He takes the plates to the kitchen counter and returns to the recliner. We watch TV, usually 2-3 programs at once. Rarely do I get to watch what I want It is usually sports,politics,history channel or old westerns. I read, use the computer, and fall asleep out of boredom around 9:30 - 10:00. I wake up to the news, sometimes to him snoring,death gripping the remote. We go to bed at 11PM. Again with the TV on and flipping channels. If I try to cuddle he tells me he cant sleep with me on his shoulder and he has to be on his side. (facing the TV).

He goes out once a week with the guys. He used to stay out late and come home drunk This has changed and he is almost always home by 8 PM.

Meetings and social events are part of his job. I rarely am asked to attend. The only social life we have revolves around his job.

My husband is a good provider, he is very responsible when it comes to finances. Although we have different opinions on parenting, he is a good father. I love my husband, but this is not the man I fell in love with. This is not the kind of life I had planned.

You are all quick to blame the woman for letting themselves go. Do you think our life would be better if I had my hair and my nails done weekly? I guarantee you if I spent the money for that I would hear about it.

Touchè - you win. sadly that happens everywhere. maybe a human being isn't supposed to eat vanilla ice cream their whole lives. we may have it wrong. marriage is a dying institution, archaic. in the future the only people getting "married" will be homosexuals trying to prove their commitment to their sig-other. good for them.

Archived