Mayor Ryan to be at Armenian commemoration

Ed Arzouian

I'll be there too.....

Mayor Ryan to Take Part in Armenian Memorial Day Ceremony

4/25/2008

Mayor Matt Ryan will take part in the Armenian Memorial Day Ceremony at 12:30pm this Sunday, April 27, at the south entrance to the Washington Street Bridge.

Each year in April, the Armenian community memorializes the genocide in which more than 1.5 million Armenians were killed by the Ottoman Turks between 1915 and 1923. During the genocide, Armenians were forced to witness the slaughter of their relatives and the loss of their ancestral homeland and property.

“We memorialize this tragic event to remember those who lost their lives to such brutal violence, and to re-commit ourselves to striving for peace and justice,” said Mayor Ryan. “For years, the Armenian community has played a great role in our community, and I applaud their contributions.”

Mayor Ryan will be joined at the remembrance ceremony by pastors of St. Gregory of the Illuminator Armenian Church, members of the Armenian Community, and other community leaders.

http://www.cityofbinghamton.com/viewarticle.asp?a=2832

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

waits for other shoe to drop.......

oh - wait - I forgot - the people who pay your salary are Armenian, otherwise you would be baching him for attending such a thing.

Guest Guest
I'll be there too.....

4/25/2008

Mayor Matt Ryan will take part in the Armenian Memorial Day Ceremony at 12:30pm this Sunday, April 27, at the south entrance to the Washington Street Bridge.

Each year in April, the Armenian community memorializes the genocide in which more than 1.5 million Armenians were killed by the Ottoman Turks between 1915 and 1923. During the genocide, Armenians were forced to witness the slaughter of their relatives and the loss of their ancestral homeland and property.

“We memorialize this tragic event to remember those who lost their lives to such brutal violence, and to re-commit ourselves to striving for peace and justice,” said Mayor Ryan. “For years, the Armenian community has played a great role in our community, and I applaud their contributions.”

Mayor Ryan will be joined at the remembrance ceremony by pastors of St. Gregory of the Illuminator Armenian Church, members of the Armenian Community, and other community leaders.

The day should br re-named 'Thank Turkey Day"!or The Armenians worked for the Nazi's in WWII or Armenian let's work for the Nazi's at the Death Camp Day!1 How would that be Ed?

@

Guest Guest
I'll be there too.....

4/25/2008

Where's the state of mind you add to every post ? This one don't count now . The Mayor is wonderful if he's catering to the Armenians ?

Guest Guest
I hope the gay Armenians are represented.

this is the dumbest post... This day is about remembering the atrocities commited in the name of intolerance disguised as superiority of any sort: ethnicity, culture, race, language, etc. Your thinking is the kind of thinking that leads to these tragedies. This should have never happened; the holocaust should have never happened; any sort of hatred towards a particular group -AND YES THAT INCLUDES GAY PEOPLE!- should not take place in this world. Unfortunately it happens. We must not forget what effect our intolerance and indifference to injustice have in the world.

Guest Guest

You KNOW Tarik had to give Matt Ryan a little history lesson on this one.

What a generic quote. :rolleyes:

I am sure the Armenian community would be better off if this phony stayed home.

@

Guest Guest

After all the big talk on here I'm curious about whether Ed will put his money where his mouth is. Will Ed speak up about all of the issues which he posts about here? Or will he sit quietly like a good little boy and vent later on in the day about things left unsaid? If he does actually speak words to the Mayor will he reiterate any of the challenges which have been posted here or will he be polite and courteous?

@

Guest Guest
I'll be there too.....

4/25/2008

please read or google

www.isralforum.com/board/achive/index.php/t836.html

I'll be there too.....

4/25/2008

I'm headed down there to check this out .

They may need my help to get the bums and drunks off the river bank . :unsure:

Guest Guest

What is there like 50 armenians in binghamton? Whats their big contribution to binghamton?

help me understand why this is such a big deal anyway, what bearing does it have to anything American?

What is there like 50 armenians in binghamton? Whats their big contribution to binghamton?

help me understand why this is such a big deal anyway, what bearing does it have to anything American?

I don't know .

That is one of the reasons I'm going .

Come on down and take a hit off the peace pipe ... Bring your own pipe .........

@

After all the big talk on here I'm curious about whether Ed will put his money where his mouth is. Will Ed speak up about all of the issues which he posts about here? Or will he sit quietly like a good little boy and vent later on in the day about things left unsaid? If he does actually speak words to the Mayor will he reiterate any of the challenges which have been posted here or will he be polite and courteous?

@

I was polite and courteous, given the setting that was what was called for. I did approach Mayor Matthew T. Ryan and said "I have not had a response for your invation to meet?"

He did not say a word, he ran away like a litle girl who had seen the big bad wolf. I'm not sure but he may have wet himself.

The Mayor of Binghamton is a physical, moral and intellectual coward. That is why he beats on women and hides behind Tarik Abdelazim and A&W Block. That is why he will not address a direct question from someone who knows what they are talking about.

Matthew T. Ryan, will you meet publicly and discuss how you are destroying what is left of this community??? Will you meet face-to-face with someone who will call you on your lies?

Or will you run away again?

Guest Julia Allison

Lets see. Dr Fattal is a retired Armenian pathologist who runs the free health clinic on Main St. in Binghamton, and volunteers his time to find and provide health care for the uninsured. Dr Michael Bogdasarian is arguably the most qualified vascular surgeon in the area. The Kradjians, whether you like them or not, own a great deal of local real estate and contribute their time for charitable causes such as the Willow Theater in JC. Princeton educated Dr. Vivian Rejebian is a wonderful orthodontist. Garo Kachadourian owns this here website. There is much more that Armenians have contributed to this community. And as far as what bearing does being American have on the Armenian Genocide, oh I don't know, perhaps the fact that our democracy stands for freedom, and tolerance, and justice for all, and supports the "never forget" philosophy concerning the Holocaust, makes the first genocide of the 20th Century that even Hitler recognized, a tragedy that should not be forgotten or \God forbid repeated.

@

Guest Guest

The same as all of the rest of immigrants celebrating St. Patrick's Day, Russian Christmas, or and other ethnic holiday. Based om your understanding of things, only the American Indian is "American".

Guest Guest
I was polite and courteous, given the setting that was what was called for. I did approach Mayor Matthew T. Ryan and said "I have not had a response for your invation to meet?"

He did not say a word, he ran away like a litle girl who had seen the big bad wolf. I'm not sure but he may have wet himself.

The Mayor of Binghamton is a physical, moral and intellectual coward. That is why he beats on women and hides behind Tarik Abdelazim and A&W Block. That is why he will not address a direct question from someone who knows what they are talking about.

Matthew T. Ryan, will you meet publicly and discuss how you are destroying what is left of this community??? Will you meet face-to-face with someone who will call you on your lies?

Ryan must have been very angry last night being humilated again. It would not have been safe to be in a laundroMatt yesterday......

Did he find some woman to shove around?

Guest Guest

Ryan just can't recognize how important Ed Arzoonyian is, and how important it is that Ed Arzoonyian looks and feels important.

Maybe former Mayor Bucci will be at Arzoonyian's next big meeting. Come to think of it, why wasn't he at the first one with the other 10 people? Does he not recognize jus how important Ed Arzoonyian is?

At the Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide today, Sunday, April 27, I was polite and courteous, given the setting that was what was called for. I approached Mayor Matthew T. Ryan and said "I have not had a response for your invation to meet?"

comment --- It was a Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide , not a day to discuss politics and feed your ego Ed . We know of your dislike for the Mayor , both politically and personally . However , you allowed your obsession to remove your mind from the setting , for a brief moment . Just long enough , to slap Mayor Ryan down for respecting the Armenian people and showing up .

comment --- This may of been the best decision he's made since becoming Mayor . What did you expect him to do ?

The last thing I'd expect , would be for him to stand there and talk politics ( or argue with you ) . He displayed more honor to the Armenian folks than you , by walking away .

comment --- You are entitled to your opinion Ed ... However , if you learned to use constructive criticism , as oppose to constantly assassinating every move the Mayor makes , he may sit down and talk with you .

comment --- This sounds more like an invitation to a sword fight , as opposed to a meeting in an attempt to better the city . Again , very irrational approach on your behalf Ed , nothing professional about it .

I strongly suggest you walk directly into the Mayor's office and calmly ask to speak to him . This may be more effective than , calling him names , talking to yourself here and sending him messages from BC VOICE . I personally used this method myself and it worked .. If I thought you'd behave yourself , I'd go with you Ed .

So , put your personal hatred on the back burner , stop being a coward yourself , act professionally , brush your teeth and walk into city hall . You can make it happen , I got confidence in you Ed .

The Mayor should take anything you say seriously , because you do have an insight to the city's problems . ( don't let that swell you head up and feed that ego )

comment --- See the above ..................

Guest Guest
I'll be there too.....

4/25/2008

1st - Who Cares...

2nd - What about all the dead in Rawanda and Darfour

are we gonna have a Ceremony for every atrocity ever committed?

I don't think we have enough days in the year.

Don't forget about the Gay and Transgender Armenians...

you people have a screw loose.

Go back to Ithaca or wherever

Guest Julia Allison
1st - Who Cares...

2nd - What about all the dead in Rawanda and Darfour

are we gonna have a Ceremony for every atrocity ever committed?

I don't think we have enough days in the year.

Don't forget about the Gay and Transgender Armenians...

you people have a screw loose.

Go back to Ithaca or wherever

Pot and Kettle are having an important meet and greet this afternoon. And, I guess this commemoration achieved it's intended goal, spread awareness, it got your attention. Ok, I have to return to Ithaca now so you take care.

Guest Guest
At the Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide today, Sunday, April 27, I was polite and courteous, given the setting that was what was called for. I approached Mayor Matthew T. Ryan and said "I have not had a response for your invation to meet?"

comment --- It was a Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide , not a day to discuss politics and feed your ego Ed . We know of your dislike for the Mayor , both politically and personally . However , you allowed your obsession to remove your mind from the setting , for a brief moment . Just long enough , to slap Mayor Ryan down for respecting the Armenian people and showing up .

comment --- This may of been the best decision he's made since becoming Mayor . What did you expect him to do ?

The last thing I'd expect , would be for him to stand there and talk politics ( or argue with you ) . He displayed more honor to the Armenian folks than you , by walking away .

comment --- You are entitled to your opinion Ed ... However , if you learned to use constructive criticism , as oppose to constantly assassinating every move the Mayor makes , he may sit down and talk with you .

comment --- This sounds more like an invitation to a sword fight , as opposed to a meeting in an attempt to better the city . Again , very irrational approach on your behalf Ed , nothing professional about it .

I strongly suggest you walk directly into the Mayor's office and calmly ask to speak to him . This may be more effective than , calling him names , talking to yourself here and sending him messages from BC VOICE . I personally used this method myself and it worked .. If I thought you'd behave yourself , I'd go with you Ed .

So , put your personal hatred on the back burner , stop being a coward yourself , act professionally , brush your teeth and walk into city hall . You can make it happen , I got confidence in you Ed .

The Mayor should take anything you say seriously , because you do have an insight to the city's problems . ( don't let that swell you head up and feed that ego )

comment --- See the above ..................

Funny, here in this post , Bing4126 does not mention anything about me not trying to speak to Ryan and walking back over the Washington Street Bridge.

He does that in another thread but not here. Howe come Bing4126 tells us two different stories?

Is Bing4126 two different people or more at once?

Guest Guest
Is Bing4126 two different people or more at once?

There is a person on this board who is at least two different people, and who posts compliments to himself to make readers think he has many admirers and supporters. That would be you Mr. not allowed.

Archived