Mayor Ryan to be at Armenian commemoration

Ed Arzouian

Guest Guest
Ed, are you planning on running for Mayor of Binghamton in the next election? I have to be honest, I find your stalking of Ryan disconcerting and well, unproductive. You seem to be a smart enough guy but you have to understand how your message begins to get lost in your obsessive behavior, it is actually a huge turn-off.

Nice way to put the idiot in his place.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
I'll be there too.....

Mayor Ryan to Take Part in Armenian Memorial Day Ceremony

4/25/2008

Mayor Matt Ryan will take part in the Armenian Memorial Day Ceremony at 12:30pm this Sunday, April 27, at the south entrance to the Washington Street Bridge.

Each year in April, the Armenian community memorializes the genocide in which more than 1.5 million Armenians were killed by the Ottoman Turks between 1915 and 1923. During the genocide, Armenians were forced to witness the slaughter of their relatives and the loss of their ancestral homeland and property.

“We memorialize this tragic event to remember those who lost their lives to such brutal violence, and to re-commit ourselves to striving for peace and justice,” said Mayor Ryan. “For years, the Armenian community has played a great role in our community, and I applaud their contributions.”

Mayor Ryan will be joined at the remembrance ceremony by pastors of St. Gregory of the Illuminator Armenian Church, members of the Armenian Community, and other community leaders.

http://www.cityofbinghamton.com/viewarticle.asp?a=2832

I suggest everyone who reads this should PLEASE google Armenians and WWII. They are not a nice group. I am very sorry about what the Turks did but take a look at what thArmenian's did in WWII and today. A local Armenian family made millions on selling weapons to both sides of civil wars around the world. (It was on 60 min)

Guest Julia Allison

"A local Armenian family made millions on selling weapons to both sides of civil wars around the world. (It was on 60 min)"

You should know that the family you are referring to work for your government, yes, your CIA, and your Presidents, sponsor their activities. Google and learn more of the story.

Guest Julia Allison

"suggest everyone who reads this should PLEASE google Armenians and WWII. They are not a nice group. I am very sorry about what the Turks did but take a look at what thArmenian's did in WWII and today."

Google more than a Turkish nationalist sympathetic website that has one goal and one goal only, to deny and deny again that the Armenian genocide took place. These are the same people that just last year assassinated an Hrant Dink, a Turkish-Armenian journalist for daring to speak of the genocide.

Guest Julia Allison
Yes, Ed why don't you engage is some positive character building activities like shoving an old woman around a laundroMatt or bursting into one of your tenant's apartments and yelling obscenities at them as they are on the 911 line with police?

Have you thought about leading police on a high speed chase and yelling obscenities at them as they arrest you?

Matthew T. Ryan has done all those things and look how it has made him a better man.....

Are we trying to beat dead horses to move forward? Sounds like an ineffective plan if I have ever heard one. The chase you refer to ad nauseam took place some 25 years ago. I know I am not the same naive twit I was 25 years ago, and I am willing to bet you have matured in the past 25 years as well. Lets pick up the pace fellas and try to be proactive instead of broken records.

Guest Guest
Are we trying to beat dead horses to move forward? Sounds like an ineffective plan if I have ever heard one. The chase you refer to ad nauseam took place some 25 years ago. I know I am not the same naive twit I was 25 years ago, and I am willing to bet you have matured in the past 25 years as well. Lets pick up the pace fellas and try to be proactive instead of broken records.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Ed the broken record has a ring to it too.

Guest Guest

I agree with everything you say ecept, - ed has not matured over the last 25 years

LOL

Guest Guest

Hey wait a minute! did n't ryan get arrested in 2005 for a ttacking a b lack woman in a dark parking lot...?

did n't ryan get arrestd over and over within t he r ecent last 5 years?

Guest Guest

Twenty-five years? What are you talking about???

Case #13972

06/06/1997

Ryan verbally abuses Robin E. Meyerhof 30-years old woman at the time (40 now) and illegally enters her apartment at his mother home to attempt to illegally evict her.

Binghamton Police involved SGT. Hendrickson, Ryan states to police “he would use all the legal means at his disposal to make her (Meyerhoff’s) life miserable before leaving (the apartment).”

Case number 14172

06/08/1997

Same deal, twice in three days Ryan removed from his tenant’s apartment by police.

Binghamton Police involved: D. Chamberliss shield #143

Ryan admitted to these incident in a FOX 40 debate aired early November 2005.

Case #03-33821

11/08/2003 time: 21:11h. (9:11pm)

Ryan harasses and shoves Elizabeth Brightwell at Star Dry Cleaners Laundromat. She was 48-year old at the time. Ryan was 52-years old. (How does a 52-year old lawyer not have a washer & dryer in his home. Two years later he is elected Mayor! God Bless America where anything is possible.).

Case #61784

10/12/99, 13:36hours 1:30pm

Same Laundromat four years earlier, Ryan harasses a Michelle Fleury 27-year old woman.

Binghamton Police Officer: J. Mooney badge #158

Rya arrested for harassing Jospehine Burrell a 60-something year old black woman. He goes to court in Town of Dickinson.

Nov. 7, 2005 Ryan has Vestal Court records of his arrest and conviction sealed.

Guest Guest

No. You wait a minute. The actual handwritten police report concerning the Vestal chase has been posted, smoking gun style, on this here website and it clearly showed the date of 1985. What is your point with your histrionics about Ryan? He is an elected and sitting mayor. What do you expect to gain from this reiteration after reiteration about his record? Really, get over yourselves and/or get yourself elected Mayor and make the effing difference. We are bored to tears with all this bull.

Guest Guest

Excuse me, the report noted 1983, not 1985. My mistake and like a big grownup, I own it and move forward. It is really pretty easy to do that, accept, swallow and move on. Thanks.

Guest Guest
No. You wait a minute. The actual handwritten police report concerning the Vestal chase has been posted, smoking gun style, on this here website and it clearly showed the date of 1985. What is your point with your histrionics about Ryan? He is an elected and sitting mayor. What do you expect to gain from this reiteration after reiteration about his record? Really, get over yourselves and/or get yourself elected Mayor and make the effing difference. We are bored to tears with all this bull.

Please keep putting that crazy loser in his place. Thank you whoever you are.

Guest Guest

2005, that recent enough for me.

How about 2003, only two years before being elected mayor a 52-year old Matthew T. Ryan was shoving around a 48-year old woman in laundroMatt.

How can you explain that?

Twenty-five years? What are you talking about???

Case #13972

06/06/1997

Ryan verbally abuses Robin E. Meyerhof 30-years old woman at the time (40 now) and illegally enters her apartment at his mother home to attempt to illegally evict her.

Binghamton Police involved SGT. Hendrickson, Ryan states to police “he would use all the legal means at his disposal to make her (Meyerhoff’s) life miserable before leaving (the apartment).”

Case number 14172

06/08/1997

Same deal, twice in three days Ryan removed from his tenant’s apartment by police.

Binghamton Police involved: D. Chamberliss shield #143

Ryan admitted to these incident in a FOX 40 debate aired early November 2005.

Case #03-33821

11/08/2003 time: 21:11h. (9:11pm)

Ryan harasses and shoves Elizabeth Brightwell at Star Dry Cleaners Laundromat. She was 48-year old at the time. Ryan was 52-years old. (How does a 52-year old lawyer not have a washer & dryer in his home. Two years later he is elected Mayor! God Bless America where anything is possible.).

Case #61784

10/12/99, 13:36hours 1:30pm

Same Laundromat four years earlier, Ryan harasses a Michelle Fleury 27-year old woman.

Binghamton Police Officer: J. Mooney badge #158

Rya arrested for harassing Jospehine Burrell a 60-something year old black woman. He goes to court in Town of Dickinson.

Nov. 7, 2005 Ryan has Vestal Court records of his arrest and conviction sealed.

Guest Guest
2005, that recent enough for me.

How about 2003, only two years before being elected mayor a 52-year old Matthew T. Ryan was shoving around a 48-year old woman in laundroMatt.

How can you explain that?

The Mayor of Washington DC , didn't get as much criticism as Ed gives Ryan. The guy was in a room smoking crack with a hooker.

Guest Guest
I cannot explain it. Only the people involved could explain the situation. Again, what is your point? Do you have one?

Yes, that Matthew T. Ryan is unfit to hold public office and he is destoying what is left in this community.

15% increase in business taxes in two years.

42% increase in violent crime in two years.

81% increase in water rates in two and half years.

100% hypocrisy

0 things successfully accomplished.

Guest Guest
The Mayor of Washington DC , didn't get as much criticism as Ed gives Ryan. The guy was in a room smoking crack with a hooker.

Did he shove her around or yell threats and obscenities at her as does Binghamton's Mayor?

Is that you best defense, Matthew T. Ryan is not quite as bad as crack-smoking, DELETED DC Mayor?

I'm sure that is comfort to Binghamtonians....

It is good to know things could always be worse. Not better but always worse.

Restore the Pride!

Guest Guest

While I would argue with your statistics, this conversation leads to a productive conversation. Much more effective than personal attacks. Keep it up. One suggestion, do research so you can support your percentages.

Guest Guest

"this conversation leads to a productive conversation"

Meant to say this approach leads to a productive conversation. Enough bcvoice for me for now, need to go walk the puppy.

Guest Guest
While I would argue with your statistics, this conversation leads to a productive conversation. Much more effective than personal attacks. Keep it up. One suggestion, do research so you can support your percentages.

How's this????

Water Bill History (form a file available yesterday with the PSB story, date rate, minimum payment)

Dec-05 $1.65 $18.50

Dec-06 $1.65 $18.50

Apr-07 $1.80 $20.00

Aug-07 $1.95 $21.50

Dec-07 $2.10 $23.00

Aug-08 $2.10 $23.00

Dec-08 $2.73 $29.30

Apr-09 $2.99 $31.90

Read it and weep, for $1.65 to $2.99, 81% increase!!!!!

Binghamton Water rate Dec. '06 $1.65, August '09 $2.99 (81% increase)

Here is what was reported in the Press & Sun-Bulletin:

Violent crime in 2005 = 176 incidents.

Violent crime in 2006 = 206 incidents. (17% increase from 2005)

Violent crime in half of 2007 - 125 incidents. (21.3% increase from first half of 2006, projected total 249)

Keep in mind violent crime in the rest of Broome County went down 5% in the same time period ?

Thanks to Matt Ryan and Citizen Action violent crime has risen 42% in 18 months. Larceny has risen 22.5% in one year (2005 to 2006). Business taxes have risen almost 15% in two years.

Further research will show this:

Binghamton is now way over the national crime average go see:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Binghamton-New-York.html

City-data.com crime index (higher means more crime, U.S. average = 323.2)

2003 - 302.9

2004 - 299.9

2005 - 309.7

2006 - 353.4

Here are the links to the stories in your own newspaper disproving what you just wrote:

Crime drops in Broome, rises in Binghamton

October 3, 2007 •• 357 words •• ID: bng44495856

City officials downplay increases By Jim Wright and Brian Liberatore jwright@pressconnects.com Press & Sun-Bulletin In the first six months of 2007, crime was down in Broome County when compared to the same period in 2006, but was up in Binghamton, according to figures released by the state Division of Criminal Justice Services. The report shows a 4.2 percent drop in crime in Broome County and a 5 percent increase in the city. Binghamton, which accounts for 23

Report: Property thefts rise in Binghamton

May 2, 2007 •• 372 words •• ID: bng38632442

Violent crime holds steady By Brian Liberatore bliberatore@pressconnects.com Press & Sun-Bulletin BINGHAMTON — While levels of violent crime in the city have remained fairly steady, a spike in property theft between 2005 and 2006 marks an unwelcome shift in the city. "I have no explanation for it," Binghamton Police Chief Steven Tronovitch said. "It's not an outrageous increase; it's just "significant" (Now with violent crime up a further 21.3% to a compounded rate of 42% increase in 18 months what does the Chief says? Is it outrageous yet, Chief??? How long do you have to cover for Matt Ryan's incompetence and indifference? Why should you cover at all???? Give your men a fighting chance. The people will back you, not the Mayor and Citizen Action flunkies. $9,000,000 for 144 police but $13,000,000 for 134 firefighters???? How can this be? Launch a private fundraising drive for the police.)

Guest Guest

They are not my stats. They are your stats. Everything is relative. A worsening economy, especially for us in upstate New York State plays a big part in the increase of crime for instance. Mayor Ryan's administration is not the direct cause for an increase in crime. There are multiple factors at play. Funny, I don't care for Glen Beck that much, but tonite he said, and I quote, "People who use statistics are liars."

Guest Guest
They are not my stats. They are your stats. Everything is relative. A worsening economy, especially for us in upstate New York State plays a big part in the increase of crime for instance. Mayor Ryan's administration is not the direct cause for an increase in crime.

Why then is it dropping elsewhere...,

"Crime drops in Broome, rises in Binghamton "

-Press & Sun-Bulletin, October 3, 2007 •• 357 words •• ID: bng44495856

Guest Guest

For the obvious, Binghamton is the city to the rest of rural Broome. Population is concentrated here compared to the rest of Broome. C'mon, you can do better than that.

@

Archived