I did it!! I shaved it...

Guest T. Savalas

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife is sadly mistaken, after 7yrs of shaving, I need no mirrors... go by feel. After the first lather up & shave, take cool water ,wipe it all over ( to stop razor burn ), lather up again and go in the opposite direction with the razor that your hair grows. When thats all done, hit it again w/ cold water, and feel for remaining stubble. Only shave every 5 days, or you'll be sorry. Now I can't stand hair on my head, and when I do occasionally let it grow, it grows back in ALL different directions.

@

Guest country girl2
My wife is sadly mistaken, after 7yrs of shaving, I need no mirrors... go by feel. After the first lather up & shave, take cool water ,wipe it all over ( to stop razor burn ), lather up again and go in the opposite direction with the razor that your hair grows. When thats all done, hit it again w/ cold water, and feel for remaining stubble. Only shave every 5 days, or you'll be sorry. Now I can't stand hair on my head, and when I do occasionally let it grow, it grows back in ALL different directions.

@

Ummm, no, if you dont want to be humiliated trust me, not him about the mirror thing. This coming from the guy who every single time he shaves his head he has to call me in the bathroom to "see if he missed any spots". Also, I told you that I found patches of missed hair on him before. And yes, he did use a mirror for a while.......then I guess he figured it was easier to make me go in there and check for him. Next time, Im not going to tell him that he missed a spot until we are out in public somewhere..... :lol:

Guest Guest
Just an old fan!

<ETA>

BTW, I should probably add that I won't blow your cover or stalk you...you're safe. ;)

@

A fan? How nice.

Thank you. One can never have enough fans.

From what band?

Guest Guest
Just an old fan!

<ETA>

BTW, I should probably add that I won't blow your cover or stalk you...you're safe. ;)

@

I wasn't worried too much about blowing my cover. I put my face on here.

Thanks anyways.

Guest Stupid

Dont do something as incredibly STUPID as I did. One night I got a little "overserved" and told my girlfriend I would shave my head for her. All I had was an electric razor. Ya know the kind, the three rotating blade Norelco ones. Well, after I burned that one up and managed to look like a drunk with mange, I started looking for something, ANYTHING!

Under the bathroom sink.....there it was, a bottle of NAIR!!! Well, in absolutely no condition to reason or think rationally, I poured half the contents on my head and proceeded to work it in like shampoo. I then returned to the party to allow the hair removal chemical to work it's majic. When my buddy came over and pointed out that my shirt was dissolving, I rushed to the bathroom where I washed off all of my hair and the first few layers of my scalp into the bathroom sink.

Ya think that is funny dontcha? Well DELETED , that is just the beginning!

The party went on and I had a grand time having everyone come up and smack my head. The evening ended and I went on to bed. When I woke up in the very late morning the first thing I realized was the interior of my head felt like two rams were having a contest to see who could break through my skull first. The next thing I noticed was I could not get out of bed. Not because I could not move, it was because my scalp was stuck to it. After I tore my head off of the bed I went to the bathroom to shave my tongue. When I walked in, there was hair everywhere. The sink was filled with a thick pink and brown hair goo. I cleaned out the sink only to find the nair ate through the sealant where the drain meets the sink. So after I cleaned the sink and started to run the water, I filled the cabinet under the sink.

It took 5 weeks before I started to see hair growing again. When it did grow back, it came back with a VENGANCE!!! Now I have to cut my hair monthly to keep it under control and this happened 7 years ago. I use a #1 guard and let my wife (the same girl that watched me Nair my head) cut the back.

Guest Guest

I didn't realize how many years would be shorn from me along with my hair. I just thought I'd look like a normal 52 year old with a shaved head.

I thought for sure I would get my butt busted by everyone.

So far today, I've gotten a few solid thumbs up from people. The one friend I thought for sure would bust me said he thought it was a good look for me.

Guest Guest
That transformation is amazing. Don't understand why bald is so young looking, but it works! Just may urge hubby to do the same.

The Nair story - :lol: Did it leave scars? Makes me glad I never used it, especially in the bikini area. Yikes.

Luckily the only scars that I have from that whole ordeal are emotional only. :lol:

Guest country girl2

Dont do something as incredibly STUPID as I did. One night I got a little "overserved" and told my girlfriend I would shave my head for her. All I had was an electric razor. Ya know the kind, the three rotating blade Norelco ones. Well, after I burned that one up and managed to look like a drunk with mange, I started looking for something, ANYTHING!

Under the bathroom sink.....there it was, a bottle of NAIR!!!

:lol::lol: Now that was a funny story. Wow, she still married you after that huh? Just kidding.

@

Although I agree the OP looks better with his shaved head, I (it's my opinion) like men with hair, lots of hair, long beautiful hair. I like beards and mustaches too. I keep praying that my old man doesn't lose his hair. I hate the feel of shaved heads. The bumps and rolls are gross. Sorry.

Guest Guest
Hey, from your e-mail address it looks like you are with Splash. If so, I’ll get to see it in person. Friends and I are going to the Downs the next time you are there. What’s the date of your next gig there?

I haven't been with the band for a number of years. I was the original guitar player and co-founder of the band. I was with them for 7 years. I had a lot of fun and met a lot of nice people. I made some good money, too. It's an experience I wouldn't trade for the world.

I started this email address while still in the band. I just never changed it.

Guest Guest

Absolutely. It was great for 7 whole years.

For a good few years afterwards, people would stop me in the grocery store and tell me how much they enjoyed us. They always had a few nice compliments for me, which was doubly great.

Archived