Speed Traps

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Will someone please explain to me when you are driving in western new york on rt 86 why it is necessary to drive 65 when there is no car in sight? 80MPH is a reasonable speed for this strech, and on rt 88 too (except through Oneonta).

Guest Guest
Here's an idea...go the speed limit dude...spend your time on better things

I do spend my time on better things. I drive really fast so I have extra time to do what I please when I reach my destination. I'm sure you're one of those idiots who drive 5 mph under while in the passing lane.

Guest Guest
Will someone please explain to me when you are driving in western new york on rt 86 why it is necessary to drive 65 when there is no car in sight? 80MPH is a reasonable speed for this strech, and on rt 88 too (except through Oneonta).
I like to see how far I can drive going 100 plus.....usually around 108, that's a nice safe speed.

Guest Guest

It's simple non-Einstein. You have to have speed limits based on the ifs. Suppose there was a couple of dozen vehicles in that area where you wanted to go 80? If cars around you were going 65 would you still go 80? Maybe not but many would. Therefore the speed limit must be based upon at least some traffic being in the area.

Guest Grant

Did you ever notice that half of these idiots that think they can drive 80 MPH have cars that belong at Gary's you-pull-it !

they have two different colored doors no bumpers, borken windows, Etc. But they still have a Cig. hanging out of their mouth !!! They think they know how to drive , and they think they are cool when they go by in their 1985 Buick !!!!!!!!MORONS !!!!!!!!!!

@

Guest Guest

what part of LIMIT don't you understand? would you like for me to explain it to you????

I like to see how far I can drive going 100 plus.....usually around 108, that's a nice safe speed.

I completely agree. Why do 80, if you're able to drive 108 safely?

Guest Guest

There are less fatalities in foreign countries that have auto bonds than America Highways. I think the reason is , if you traveling at a high rate of speed , your more cautious.

Guest Guest

"Auto Bonds?????" I guess you're referring to the cars held together with Bondo right? Or did you mean autobahn??? Whoops. I hope you aren't the guy going 108mph!!!

Did you ever notice that half of these idiots that think they can drive 80 MPH have cars that belong at Gary's you-pull-it !

they have two different colored doors no bumpers, borken windows, Etc. But they still have a Cig. hanging out of their mouth !!! They think they know how to drive , and they think they are cool when they go by in their 1985 Buick !!!!!!!!MORONS !!!!!!!!!!

@

I know I hate those damn borken windows :blink:

Guest Guest

If a cop pulls you over on a section of 86 or 88 that has little traffic he should just give you a warning that your speed is excessive in heavier traffic. Just as when there is rain or snow even if you are going the speed limit you could get a ticket for speed not reasonable for conditions.

There are times that 65 is too fast for some sections of 90, and I have even been on 81 in very heavy traffic and 65 seems to fast. My point being is in a remote section of highway the cops should use discretion...(yeah if you are driving a clunker 80mph you are a moron, but many cars now a days can very easily go 80).

As far as the price of gas....to some people the cost of getting there sooner is worth it.....time is money!

Guest Guest
There are less fatalities in foreign countries that have auto bonds than America Highways. I think the reason is , if you traveling at a high rate of speed , your more cautious.

What planet are you from dude? You're probably one of those guys that says you drive better when you're drunk too, because you're more catious.

Guest 60mph in a 65mph zone

I've recently been traveling at 60mph on Rt 17/86 and getting an extra 100 miles out of a tank of gas.

Sorry to slow you all down, but that's an extra $10-15/week in gas I'm saving.

Guest Speedster

I think the Speed limit on R17 should be a consistent 65mph, atleast when R17 is officially turned over to I-86. This includes the stretch through the Town of Union where it is currently a 55 mph. Can't tell you how many times I could have been pulled over for speeding through there, but thanks to my trusty ole' radar/laser detector, Ive been able to avoid a potential ticket from the pigs who like to camp out in the medians with their little laser's and radar's trying to steal oney from you, as if New York State doesn't already. Ahhh, boy does it feel good to stick it to the man. :D

Guest Guest
I've recently been traveling at 60mph on Rt 17/86 and getting an extra 100 miles out of a tank of gas.

Sorry to slow you all down, but that's an extra $10-15/week in gas I'm saving.

just as long as you stay over there in the right lane dude....

Guest Angry Johnny
It's simple non-Einstein. You have to have speed limits based on the ifs. Suppose there was a couple of dozen vehicles in that area where you wanted to go 80? If cars around you were going 65 would you still go 80? Maybe not but many would. Therefore the speed limit must be based upon at least some traffic being in the area.

Well, you're just another simple-minded form of another type of idiot who believes, that simply because they have a nice new vehicle, they somehow superior to everyone else. You can love your car all you want, but guess what, many other people don't give a flying %&*% what kind of car you have. You can write on your epitapth "Here lies Wally Hamslapper he owned a 2008 Lexus" the drunk drifter urinating on your grave will surely be impressed with your accomplisments in life.

Guest Go to school Johnny!
Well, you're just another simple-minded form of another type of idiot who believes, that simply because they have a nice new vehicle, they somehow superior to everyone else. You can love your car all you want, but guess what, many other people don't give a flying %&*% what kind of car you have. You can write on your epitapth "Here lies Wally Hamslapper he owned a 2008 Lexus" the drunk drifter urinating on your grave will surely be impressed with your accomplisments in life.

Ah yes I remember you. You're that jealous dude that works at McDonald's on Court Street. Hey don't blame the guy driving the Lexus for your failures, simply accept the fact that you suck at life and should've stayed in school. Is that clear enough for you little Johnny? BTW it's getting close to your bedtime. It's so sad mommy has to tuck in a failure every night :(

Archived