Fusion teams make state cup final 4

Guest Guest

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

I think it's funny that this girls mom is complaining especially since she is dating and living with the asst coach Pitts. She thinks her man should be coaching the girls. Mclellan is a good coach surrounded by two inexperienced and unqualified asst coaches.

Absolutely untrue statement about the coaches. Professionals no but very good coaches yes. You should be so lucky

Guest Guest

No, they really aren't. And, there really aren't many good coaches in the area. Most like to dress up in their warm up and strut around the field after their day jobs.

Guest John scott

Absolutely untrue statement about the coaches. Professionals no but very good coaches yes. You should be so lucky

Please let me know these wonderful coaches experience and accomplishments. What college team did they play soccer for? Did they play pro ball? No they didn't even play highschool ball. Quit trying to sound like you have a clue. These guys don't even understand the game. They rent a couple dvd's take a couple classes coach a couple teams in the house league at the dome and automatically become premiere coaches. They were outscored 9-1 according to the NYSW website. What changes did they make during the game? probably none because they don't understand the game enough to see what's going on besides the score.

Guest Guest

Please let me know these wonderful coaches experience and accomplishments. What college team did they play soccer for? Did they play pro ball? No they didn't even play highschool ball. Quit trying to sound like you have a clue. These guys don't even understand the game. They rent a couple dvd's take a couple classes coach a couple teams in the house league at the dome and automatically become premiere coaches. They were outscored 9-1 according to the NYSW website. What changes did they make during the game? probably none because they don't understand the game enough to see what's going on besides the score.

Shut up John

go sue the school and drive your beemer to Hartwick and lose every game

Guest Guest

Since when would it be the assistant coaches job to make changes? Bottom line is they made it to the final 4 with a team that had 18 kids at tryouts

Guest Guest

Since when would it be the assistant coaches job to make changes? Bottom line is they made it to the final 4 with a team that had 18 kids at tryouts

When your goal is to simply make it to final four then that pretty much sums up girls soccer in this area.

Guest Guest

When your goal is to simply make it to final four then that pretty much sums up girls soccer in this area.

You are a terrible arguer! The person simply stated that it is impressive that the team made it to the final four with such a small pool to select from. Please show me where they said, "we made it to the final four which was our goal". You derive your comebacks and formulate twisted statements and are putting words in others mouths.

Guest Guest

haha I may be a "terrible arguer" and if so that would make you clueless to the problem within the program. Ask yourself why is their such a small pool? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Fusions Girls sterling program or it's over qualified coaching staff.

Shane Cook, Rich Pitts,Brian Myers.Chris Walsh, John Mazursky. Have any of these fine gentlemen ever played D1 soccer? D2 soccer? D3 soccer? High School soccer?

Guest Guest

haha I may be a "terrible arguer" and if so that would make you clueless to the problem within the program. Ask yourself why is their such a small pool? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the Fusions Girls sterling program or it's over qualified coaching staff.

Shane Cook, Rich Pitts,Brian Myers.Chris Walsh, John Mazursky. Have any of these fine gentlemen ever played D1 soccer? D2 soccer? D3 soccer? High School soccer?

It might be due to population moron

Guest Guest

It might be due to population moron

ha. Nice try, but i'm fairly sure that there are more than 18, 14 and 15 year old girls in this area. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, I ventured over to the dome website like a good detective and noticed that there were 15 u14 teams and 5 u16 teams.

I await your reply. This time don't call me names when they are more fitted for you.

Guest Guest

ha. Nice try, but i'm fairly sure that there are more than 18, 14 and 15 year old girls in this area. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, I ventured over to the dome website like a good detective and noticed that there were 15 u14 teams and 5 u16 teams.

I await your reply. This time don't call me names when they are more fitted for you.

You just proved my point, you really are a MORON!

Guest mommy

You just proved my point, you really are a MORON!

Ha typical response from a soccer mom that has no clue. Way to back up your argument with facts.

Guest Guest

Ha typical response from a soccer mom that has no clue. Way to back up your argument with facts.

How many U15 premier players are playing U14 or U16 at the dome? Let me help you, none. Therefore youve also failed as a detective. MORON

Guest Mrs. Rich

How many U15 premier players are playing U14 or U16 at the dome? Let me help you, none. Therefore youve also failed as a detective. MORON

Actually quite a few. Do your homework moron! Most of the kids that left this team play with Vestal and Hiawatha, including a real keeper. Shouldn't you be washing dishes or something?

Guest Guest

Actually quite a few. Do your homework moron! Most of the kids that left this team play with Vestal and Hiawatha, including a real keeper. Shouldn't you be washing dishes or something?

OK MR Detective the Vestal and Hiawatha teams you speak of play Scholastic. As far as Ive seen there are only the two new fusion girls that play U14. Most of U14 is 12 yr olds and 16 isnt much different. The two girls that are at Hiawatha are definately very good players but their is definately nothing to be desired with anyone on the Vestal team. Other than one girl at Hiawatha if the fusion team is going to find players that can help their lineup they are going to have to come from out of the area. It will be interesting to see how things shake out with UFC, its what everyone has said needs to be done for years and now someone steps up and is trying to do it nobody wants it.

Guest moe's

OK MR Detective the Vestal and Hiawatha teams you speak of play Scholastic. As far as Ive seen there are only the two new fusion girls that play U14. Most of U14 is 12 yr olds and 16 isnt much different. The two girls that are at Hiawatha are definately very good players but their is definately nothing to be desired with anyone on the Vestal team. Other than one girl at Hiawatha if the fusion team is going to find players that can help their lineup they are going to have to come from out of the area. It will be interesting to see how things shake out with UFC, its what everyone has said needs to be done for years and now someone steps up and is trying to do it nobody wants it.

What's going to be different? These look to be the same coaches. Oh I forgot, Tom Darpino and his 3 years of soccer experience are going to change everything.

Shane Cook

Director of Coaching Girls

U11, U14, U19

Club teams

Sarah McLellan

Competition Coordinator Girls soccer

U16

Club teams

Kristie Bowers

Goal Keeper training

U13, U15

Club teams

Rich Pitts

U17/18, U12

Club teams

Amanda Caseres

U15

Club teams

Bill Rich

Club teams

Al LaBarbera

Foot skills training

club teams

Guest Guest

A real Keeper, Isnt she 5 foot 1?? Give it up the meatballs are done!

Guest Guest

What's going to be different? These look to be the same coaches. Oh I forgot, Tom Darpino and his 3 years of soccer experience are going to change everything.

Shane Cook

Director of Coaching Girls

U11, U14, U19

Club teams

Sarah McLellan

Competition Coordinator Girls soccer

U16

Club teams

Kristie Bowers

Goal Keeper training

U13, U15

Club teams

Rich Pitts

U17/18, U12

Club teams

Amanda Caseres

U15

Club teams

Bill Rich

Club teams

Al LaBarbera

Foot skills training

club teams

Who is Amanda Caseres?

Guest Guest

Who is Amanda Caseres?

Former BU center mid All-Conference player, now going to be the Vounteer Asst Coach at BU, zero coaching experience but she was a solid player.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

It should be called V F C

If you look at the website, Shane Cook is listed as the Director of Coaching. Why would anyone join an organization with HIM as the director of coaching? And, the rest of the "Professional Staff" is a joke. The other local clubs and Syracuse for premier (or premiere on the UFC site) are looking better and better every day.

Guest Pat Fox

First, let me apologize upfront for those that are receiving this email that do not wish to be caught in the cross-fire.

Second, let me share that as a former President of a recreational soccer program representing 1,600 players from U6 through U19, I fully support the Board’s position to recognize and respect the need to ensure that appropriate safeguards are available for all involved (players, coaches, board members, and volunteers).

Third, I also respect that there may also be some concern regarding the bus and its use. However, I think you (and others) would agree that having this type of asset would be exciting for ANY team/Club. I have seen many team buses before - they give that a team psychological edge when all else is equal.

However, I am a little concerned that your email may have been a “knee-jerk reaction” that could have easily been handled through a telephone conversation with Tom. This would have accomplished much more instead of using an email that was undoubtedly forwarded to you from someone who is on the listing.

For those on this email – here are some of the facts that have been shared with me. So everyone is aware, my daughters and I rode the bus to a recent game. I asked Tom about insurance coverage and he explained that:

the “team bus” is actually an RV. The distinction between “team bus” and “RV” is critical.

the RV is a private vehicle that is not for hire. Therefore, the driver does not need a CDL License, the requisite medical card and log book.

As required by NY State, he had the requisite insurance coverage.

As a mindful person and having some experience with liability insurance surrounding soccer-related activities, I personally contacted NYSWYSA (Terri Raeder) in an attempt to ascertain what coverage is provided through our registration fees. There seems to be some question, at least in my mind, to the extend of the coverage, but it is clear that a “RV” is not listed as being excluded (of course, neither is a “team bus”). Furthermore, your email leads me to believe that you and the Board may need to seek further understanding as to the insurance coverage that is extended to the affiliated NYSWYSA Clubs. It only makes sense for soccer is a physical game and youth do get hurt when they play this exciting game.

Also, since it appears that you (not sure if this is a Board decision for minutes are not readily available on the website) acted alone on this issue. In fact, should you decide to not approve of this type of transportation (with the requisite insurance coverage), then you may have to extend that enforcement to any family that brings a child that is not their child to any covered event. Why would carpooling be any different than taking the "team bus"?

I fully support that need to investigate, but it appears from my perspective that someone was upset and the easiest thing for you to do was to make the declaration that you sent. If the necessary paperwork is in place, then I am fairly sure that VYSA can not prevent the “team bus” use. If anything, just having this in print, you may inadvertently opened this issue on a much grander scale (e.g., families carpooling without Policyholder approval, please see http://nyswysa.org/docs/InsuranceInfo/NY_outlines_2011_Revised.pdf).

If not already handled, I highly encourage you to discuss this with NYSWYSA. NYSWYSA is the Policyholder and as a member, I expect that my Board will do what is in the best interest of ALL those involved and not to be discriminatory in their declarations.

Fourth, I know that your email does not implicitly state this (some may think that there was an "inferred" message), but just to make it clear, no one (parent or player) was required to take the “team bus.” In fact some players drove separate in their cars and others did not return on the "team bus."

In closing, I can appreciate that you want to ensure everyone is adequately protected – but this issue could have been handled directly with Tom, an experienced and highly respected business person instead of an email blast that will segregate the VYSA community further.

Regards,

Pat Fox

U14G Vestal Strykers “Green” Coach

Archived