Fusion teams make state cup final 4

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I couldnt imagine why the Fusion would want to get away from BC united, yesterday they had a game at the BC fields against a team that came from Rochester and no one showed up to open the gate. After gaining access to the fields just prior to gametime the game still had to be played without corner flags as nobody could get in to get them. Way to go BC united!!

I would say, way to go parent manager or coach as they are the ones responisble for opening the gates and sheds for flags. They have the keys or the ones to make sure the gates are open.

Fusion teams did not want to get away from BC United: they were not asked, they were not polled but told they were going. It is a mess and will not get better.

I think the poster who wrote that Cook was let go from Fusion twice hit the nail on the head. Cook has been sitting in Al & Sherry's shop for months bragging about what he has done to Marco.

There are many who are not returning to Fusion because of the Cook connection.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

If D'Arpino hadn't thrown a fit because he was called out on things (Jay Wirth wrote a very good letter in this topic already) this whole thing wouldn't be needed. Tom sadly fell under the belief that Shane Cook cares about anything other than Shane Cook, and sadly its not true. This whole enterprise is an exercise for Shane's ego. He wanted to show up Marco for being cut as coaching head of Fusion Girls Side and being released as a Fusion coach twice. He created this group to destroy Fusion and sadly Vestal is also now paying a price for letting him train their kids before.

Fifth, UFC went after BC United, and tried to gut the organization, and then thought they would get the fields for free. That hasn't happened. Has anyone asked UFC what their home fields will be? Some how I can't see people being proud of and players wanting to play at the Heritage fields. UFC will be a focused approach? What a bunch of nonsense--look who will be doing it? UFC is not an academy, it has 3 D1 coaches who will have NOTHING to do with the non-premier side, and UFC won't have a trainer like Chris Riley to work with the club players. What will you have? Parent coaches acting important and coaches who shouldn't be coaching.

Finally, UFC was not created by those looking for sainthood. Darpino had issues with Vestal, Purtell had issues with Fusion, and Cook, the list is long, had issues with Fusion and others. This UFC is like watching Little League at its worst. There is nothing in this organization that anyone should be proud of. What I want to see is a list of board members, and the budget. What will people like Cook be earning each month? As the saying goes -- If it's too good to be true...

These two people have nailed the topic more than anyone else. This whole thing is about Cook trying to be the "savior" of local soccer and making a living as a soccer coach, end of statement

Guest Guest

To sum it up, not many kids will play D1 ball in this area, blame it on the coaches sure. Although even if they did play D1, they would still have to get a real job and make it somewhere in this world. Let the kids play..

Guest Guest

I looked under U12 and there werent any Empire teams?

They won the u12 regional crown, after a slow start losing 1-0 the team was unstoppable. Great showing for the 4 girls from our area, Michitti ended up being the tourneys #2 scorer.

Guest Guest

Good job UFC for being committed to providing a quality product for the triple cities area. UFC will encompass a development, club, and premier model which is the right way to build a club. They have the best coaches in the area on board and the right minds to build something for the long term. 300+ registered so far and counting....

I will say this the people at UFC have the best person suited to be in charge of a club like that in this area. He has proven success at producing winners at the college and state cup levels, and because Shane Cook is involved the best person to run the program is being pushed to the background. Paul Marco is ten times the coach Cook could ever dream of. How the club can even claim it is set up well when a person like Cook elevates himself into a position of power over Marco is a joke. Shane Cook has won nothing of consequence as a coach in his whole career. His biggest claims to fame are actually more infamous things and he is currently on the bad side of many higher ups in NYSW for his actions at State Cup. I wish I could say I support UFC it actually might have a good concept and might be a decent thing if only they didn't have the worst possible choice in charge. There are many people who have stayed away from and will stay away from anything he is involved in, and thats not the way to run a program.

For all of you UFC supporters, I remember one of the first selling tools the group was saying was it would offer the GBFA training to each player at no extra charge to them once a week. Now thats suddenly disappeared from the idea of the club. What happened to that? Maybe its the same thing that has happened to their outdoor fields at BC United which they thought they had to themselves also but those are gone now too. Can't wait to see what is going to happen if they keep trying to stab the owners of the GBSC in the back, then they will lose use of the only indoor facility in the area. Real smart way to run a club guys.

Guest Guest

They won the u12 regional crown, after a slow start losing 1-0 the team was unstoppable. Great showing for the 4 girls from our area, Michitti ended up being the tourneys #2 scorer.

Congratulations girls!!

Guest Guest

I will say this the people at UFC have the best person suited to be in charge of a club like that in this area. He has proven success at producing winners at the college and state cup levels, and because Shane Cook is involved the best person to run the program is being pushed to the background. Paul Marco is ten times the coach Cook could ever dream of. How the club can even claim it is set up well when a person like Cook elevates himself into a position of power over Marco is a joke. Shane Cook has won nothing of consequence as a coach in his whole career. His biggest claims to fame are actually more infamous things and he is currently on the bad side of many higher ups in NYSW for his actions at State Cup. I wish I could say I support UFC it actually might have a good concept and might be a decent thing if only they didn't have the worst possible choice in charge. There are many people who have stayed away from and will stay away from anything he is involved in, and thats not the way to run a program.

For all of you UFC supporters, I remember one of the first selling tools the group was saying was it would offer the GBFA training to each player at no extra charge to them once a week. Now thats suddenly disappeared from the idea of the club. What happened to that? Maybe its the same thing that has happened to their outdoor fields at BC United which they thought they had to themselves also but those are gone now too. Can't wait to see what is going to happen if they keep trying to stab the owners of the GBSC in the back, then they will lose use of the only indoor facility in the area. Real smart way to run a club guys.

If you talk with anyone from outside this area, they are in disbelief of what is going on here. NYSW, the soccer coaches from Buffalo and Rochester, parents, etc. can't believe that Fusion is going away.

UFC actually thought that BC United would give them the fields. And, they were counting on the club going under so they would get the fields for free. Makes you wonder what kind of people Darpino, Purtell and Cook are really like.

There are hidden costs in the whole program, and these three are not doing it for the love of the game.

Guest Guest

If you talk with anyone from outside this area, they are in disbelief of what is going on here. NYSW, the soccer coaches from Buffalo and Rochester, parents, etc. can't believe that Fusion is going away.

UFC actually thought that BC United would give them the fields. And, they were counting on the club going under so they would get the fields for free. Makes you wonder what kind of people Darpino, Purtell and Cook are really like.

There are hidden costs in the whole program, and these three are not doing it for the love of the game.

I just looked through the standings and from what I could see BC united didnt have any teams in the broome league and only two in the dome last winter. With the fusion teams leaving what is left of BC united?

Guest Guest

I just looked through the standings and from what I could see BC united didnt have any teams in the broome league and only two in the dome last winter. With the fusion teams leaving what is left of BC united?

They will have teams like any other club in the area. Players have registered, and they will be in business.

Guest Guest

They will have teams like any other club in the area. Players have registered, and they will be in business.

They didnt have any teams last year other than the fusion teams, where will they come from?? Where have all their players gone? I remember years past and they were one of the bigger clubs and now only two teams in the winter league and they were older boys mostly made up of Fusion players. None in the Broome county league? Why would you register if they dont have any teams

Guest Guest

They didnt have any teams last year other than the fusion teams, where will they come from?? Where have all their players gone? I remember years past and they were one of the bigger clubs and now only two teams in the winter league and they were older boys mostly made up of Fusion players. None in the Broome county league? Why would you register if they dont have any teams

The club was run into the ground by the people that are now going to save us by setting up UFC. Lets remember these names and former roles Paul Marco Fusion/BC United Director of Coaching, Shane Cook Fusion Girls Head/Former BC Uninted President, Al LaBarbera/BC United Directoor of Club Teams and Coaching, Sarah McClellan/Fusion Girls Head. But now the same people that helped take a club from the biggest in Broome County to shambles is going to save us. I ask all of you joing UFC to ask only one thing of the club, its the same thing people started to ask of BC United and why many left. What type of pay are Cook and Marco getting to run things. Make them open the books and find out what they are really in this for.

Guest Guest

The club was run into the ground by the people that are now going to save us by setting up UFC. Lets remember these names and former roles Paul Marco Fusion/BC United Director of Coaching, Shane Cook Fusion Girls Head/Former BC Uninted President, Al LaBarbera/BC United Directoor of Club Teams and Coaching, Sarah McClellan/Fusion Girls Head. But now the same people that helped take a club from the biggest in Broome County to shambles is going to save us. I ask all of you joing UFC to ask only one thing of the club, its the same thing people started to ask of BC United and why many left. What type of pay are Cook and Marco getting to run things. Make them open the books and find out what they are really in this for.

The question was where have all the club teams gone? Marco, Cook And McClellan had nothing to do with them? Sounds like fusion just wants to get away from BC united just like the club teams did

My Volunteer Staff

Denton Covert, Tom Darpino, Pat Fox, Jay Green, Joe Kucinsky, Valent Latta, Rob McIntosh, Ted McNight

Don Ousterout, Mike Purtell, Michelle Raleigh, Chris Richard, David Salomons, David Simons, Chris Walsh, Jill Wilson

And many others...

Guest Guest

The question was where have all the club teams gone? Marco, Cook And McClellan had nothing to do with them? Sounds like fusion just wants to get away from BC united just like the club teams did

Fusion didn't want to get away from BC United. Parents didn't want it, and players aren't happy. but nice try shane.

Guest guest

If Fusion didnt want to leave BC United, and the Fusion Parents didnt want it, and the players are not happy - Then why did you leave?

Perhaps you should have let the coaches go (including Marco) and then find new coaches / trainers. Marco and Cook are not the only two that can do the job...

Guest Guest

If Fusion didnt want to leave BC United, and the Fusion Parents didnt want it, and the players are not happy - Then why did you leave?

Perhaps you should have let the coaches go (including Marco) and then find new coaches / trainers. Marco and Cook are not the only two that can do the job...

Then who besides Marco could be the head coach for a premier team? People may not like him here but he does have an excellent reputation at the D1 level. So, which other stellar parent coach is up to the task. Or, junior college coach for that matter? Answer: there aren't any. Parents in this area don't know soccer, can't coach it at the premier--even though there are many who played it in college 20 years ago, these same parents need to look at how the organizations in Buffalo and Rochester are run, and then they need to sit down and be quiet.

Guest Guest

My Volunteer Staff

Denton Covert, Tom Darpino, Pat Fox, Jay Green, Joe Kucinsky, Valent Latta, Rob McIntosh, Ted McNight

Don Ousterout, Mike Purtell, Michelle Raleigh, Chris Richard, David Salomons, David Simons, Chris Walsh, Jill Wilson

And many others...

who are the many others?

Guest Guest

My Volunteer Staff

And many others...

Don't avoid the real question...What are you on the hook to pay Shane Cook as your head trainer?

Guest Guest

Don't avoid the real question...What are you on the hook to pay Shane Cook as your head trainer?

No one has answered the initial question, where did all the non Fusion BC united teams go last year?

Guest Guest

Fusion didn't want to get away from BC United. Parents didn't want it, and players aren't happy. but nice try shane.

The only thing the parents and players didnt want was anything to do with Vestal! Vestal people for the most part didnt want anything to do with Fusion because the parents couldnt get their way, now they are part of the new club that has the same coaches and trainers. Whats that tell you? Fusion or now UFC will take a huge setback because they will have vestal players rammed down their throat. I cant wait to see a particular few get their heads knocked off by Fusion players that dont want them playing with them!

Archived