M-E Football

Guest guest

Ain't that the truth. PArents shouldn't be able to coach their kids in high school sports. good players at ME getting burned cuz of daddy gallagher

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ain't that the truth. PArents shouldn't be able to coach their kids in high school sports. good players at ME getting burned cuz of daddy gallagher

some parents could coach objectively but gallager cant and he is as poor a teacher as a coach. rumor has it the players are thinking of a walkout on him

Okay- I can understand a lot of people getting up and arms about that situation.

But, you can't just put out this over generalized garbage. "lot of good players getting burned...."

Tell me WHO those brilliant athletes are that are taking a seat because of Kyle Gallagher being on the field.

Let's not forget that Kyle Gallagher is 6'4" with huge ability in 3 sports (especially basketball). He's easily the strongest athlete in his class and in hoops he's the strongest athlete on the team - period!! so you'd better post some really impressive alternatives to Gallagher if you're going to go down that road!

And if you're referring to Barrett at QB, I hate to tell you - put another completely unbiased coach in charge of this team and Barrett doesn't play qb at all...

Gallagher knows he can't use the best qb he has (his son) because he'd take too much shit from goofballs like you... Having Gallagher coach this team is the best thing that ever happened to Barrett as a qb (going 3 for 20 with a handful of interceptions and even more fumbles.....). Barrett is a great athlete... he's no quarterback!

Aint much of a baseball or football player, stick to basketball with daddys ocher as caoch, get about 40 shots a game and basket hang...

As always - the question has gone unanswered. Doesn't matter if he's "NOT MUCH" of a football player - I "might" even agree to that, BUT he's a good deal better than anyone else going for that position. (qb, wr, safety)

Who is the athletic phenom that has lost his spot due to Kyle Gallagher being put in? And let's match them up head to head.

As to the comment about basketball - it's not even worth arguing about. Gallagher is clearly the alpha male on the varsity team... Ocker or not!

Please. That's one of the most blind comments I have ever read on this forum.

What, a school hires a young man or woman to coach their team, hopefully to be or sustain a winning program that satisfies the egos of the meddling parents and then when that coach's own children approach the age where they would play on mom or dad's team the coach is supposed to resign or something? That IS basically what you are calling for if coaches were prevented from coaching their own children.

That would be a stupid blanket policy at any school.

What's the solution? I do not know. But I do know what you complain about is nothing new. It's not overly prevalent, but I've read of and heard of similar things over the decades. Of course I realize it would be and is frustrating for a parent to witness IF there really was a problem (i.e. is junior really better than who the coach is playing or is the parent really the one who is blind?), but what you posted is NOT the answer.

W

Guest all of maine endwell

Okay- I can understand a lot of people getting up and arms about that situation.

But, you can't just put out this over generalized garbage. "lot of good players getting burned...."

Tell me WHO those brilliant athletes are that are taking a seat because of Kyle Gallagher being on the field.

Let's not forget that Kyle Gallagher is 6'4" with huge ability in 3 sports (especially basketball). He's easily the strongest athlete in his class and in hoops he's the strongest athlete on the team - period!! so you'd better post some really impressive alternatives to Gallagher if you're going to go down that road!

And if you're referring to Barrett at QB, I hate to tell you - put another completely unbiased coach in charge of this team and Barrett doesn't play qb at all...

Gallagher knows he can't use the best qb he has (his son) because he'd take too much shit from goofballs like you... Having Gallagher coach this team is the best thing that ever happened to Barrett as a qb (going 3 for 20 with a handful of interceptions and even more fumbles.....). Barrett is a great athlete... he's no quarterback!

thanks mommy for posting love kyle

As always - the question has gone unanswered. Doesn't matter if he's "NOT MUCH" of a football player - I "might" even agree to that, BUT he's a good deal better than anyone else going for that position. (qb, wr, safety)

Who is the athletic phenom that has lost his spot due to Kyle Gallagher being put in? And let's match them up head to head.

As to the comment about basketball - it's not even worth arguing about. Gallagher is clearly the alpha male on the varsity team... Ocker or not!

gallagher is better than anyone else on the team at wr or safety??? gee where should i start...tallon is way stronger way more physical...eggleston is way faster and way more quick....zielewicz is way more faster and stronger...and barrett is just a better football player period!!

gallagher is better than anyone else on the team at wr or safety??? gee where should i start...tallon is way stronger way more physical...eggleston is way faster and way more quick....zielewicz is way more faster and stronger...and barrett is just a better football player period!!

Okay good- Let's start with Tallon-

1. As MEDIOCRE a player as you'll find in the varsity ranks -CERTAINLY NO MITCH!!!. gives up 2 inches and at least 15 pounds to Gallagher, yet still is the starting "go-to" wide-out who hasn't gone for anything so far (3 FOR 25- NOT COMPLETELY SEAN'S FAULT). Moves about the same as Gallagher in traffic but NO WAY has the athleticism and hands or height when playing free safety. And while were bullshiting, it was Tallon who relieved Gallagher after he made the Yesensky blunder against U-E for those of you griping about Gallagher playing his own kid.

2. Eggleston - I'd love to see Eggy get more playing time at any position, but you've got to factor in his F-YOU attitude - And anyone that doesn't know about that, simply DOESN'T know Eggy. Still, while a player- he is not close to being a better OVER ALL athlete than Kyle Gallagher. Not a prayer!

3. Zeielewicz - A stud!!! for sure!! But if you're paying attention, has been out for the past 3 and next 3 with Mono- AND is already a starting D-END. THAT'S WHERE AN ANIMAL LIKE ZEIL NEEDS TO BE....!! Although to the point, YES, he could defnitely fit nicely at free safety. He IS also among the starting Wide Receiver's when playing. It's Zeil that Gallagher replaced when he got sick.....

4. Barrett vs. Gallagher for QB,,,,a pretty good argument until you factor in the passing game. Gallagher will run the option, deliver and run the ball when needed, and use intelligence as well as Barrett any day of the week. The minute you go to the air, Barrett is no longer in the running!! Kyle Gallaghers passing ability is far, far in advance of any other kid on the team. Ask Zeilewicz and Eggy!! And if your argument is about Barrett playing free safety, well that's a coaches decision. But I'm not playing my starting QB at safety if I can help it. It's certainly been done, but it's a risk.

The bolded text above, in my opinion, is another reason why parents shouldnt coach their own kids. You are pointing out the fact that a player that is better than another isnt getting treated fairly. Duh! It just so happens to be the coaches kid in this case. If this was happening to another kid, would that be ok? Of course not, so why is it ok in this situation? Now that the parent coach believes he has enough justification to satisfy the masses and is starting his son, he is causing a tremendous amout of issues that will negatively impact an undefeated team. Who ever heard of a football team changing quarterbacks (a captain no less), while they are undefeated. I don't care what anyone says, parents shouldnt coach their own kids past 6th grade. I love it when a parent coach says, "Heck, im harder on my own kid than any of the other kids." Dont you wish you were his son?? You cant win, so why hire a coach who will coach their own children? BOEs would be very wise to make sure this doesnt happen. M-E has tons on knowledgable coaches on staff and working in the district that could coach the team.

Okay good- Let's start with Tallon-

1. As MEDIOCRE a player as you'll find in the varsity ranks -CERTAINLY NO MITCH!!!. gives up 2 inches and at least 15 pounds to Gallagher, yet still is the starting "go-to" wide-out who hasn't gone for anything so far (3 FOR 25- NOT COMPLETELY SEAN'S FAULT). Moves about the same as Gallagher in traffic but NO WAY has the athleticism and hands or height when playing free safety. And while were bullshiting, it was Tallon who relieved Gallagher after he made the Yesensky blunder against U-E for those of you griping about Gallagher playing his own kid.

2. Eggleston - I'd love to see Eggy get more playing time at any position, but you've got to factor in his F-YOU attitude - And anyone that doesn't know about that, simply DOESN'T know Eggy. Still, while a player- he is not close to being a better OVER ALL athlete than Kyle Gallagher. Not a prayer!

3. Zeielewicz - A stud!!! for sure!! But if you're paying attention, has been out for the past 3 and next 3 with Mono- AND is already a starting D-END. THAT'S WHERE AN ANIMAL LIKE ZEIL NEEDS TO BE....!! Although to the point, YES, he could defnitely fit nicely at free safety. He IS also among the starting Wide Receiver's when playing. It's Zeil that Gallagher replaced when he got sick.....

4. Barrett vs. Gallagher for QB,,,,a pretty good argument until you factor in the passing game. Gallagher will run the option, deliver and run the ball when needed, and use intelligence as well as Barrett any day of the week. The minute you go to the air, Barrett is no longer in the running!! Kyle Gallaghers passing ability is far, far in advance of any other kid on the team. Ask Zeilewicz and Eggy!! And if your argument is about Barrett playing free safety, well that's a coaches decision. But I'm not playing my starting QB at safety if I can help it. It's certainly been done, but it's a risk.

Sounds like the same dribble that is on the spartan website, a friend of coach G.

You forgot one thing. Tallon, Barrett, Eggy& Zeil

Arent afraid to hit or be hit. So he is 6 4, but soft as charmin

Eggy and Zielewicz are better then Gallagher at WR by far better blockers on defensive backs. And at free safety why not put someone like Jacoby or Ziel very athletic, jacoby doesn't play defense since getting replaced but based on athleticism he should be

Eggy and Zielewicz are better then Gallagher at WR by far better blockers on defensive backs. And at free safety why not put someone like Jacoby or Ziel very athletic, jacoby doesn't play defense since getting replaced but based on athleticism he should be

Both Eggy and Zeil DO play WR, but again, Zeil is out sick...

And again, Zeil is a starting defensive end. Now that you mention it though, you're right.... I'd love to see Zeil at free safety for his hands and his hits! Since he's been gone, the Spartans have done well containing the ends, so why not!! That's a Crooks thing though - not Gallagher.

Just ask Vestal about the comeback Sean Barrett lead against them last year and the touchdown pass that he threw on the last play of the game to complete the comeback and win the game. The Wide Receivers on this years team are less athletic and less talented than Nate Burgo and Nick Smith. That is the issue with ME's passing thus far this year, not the QB!

Guest shasta

Just ask Vestal about the comeback Sean Barrett lead against them last year and the touchdown pass that he threw on the last play of the game to complete the comeback and win the game. The Wide Receivers on this years team are less athletic and less talented than Nate Burgo and Nick Smith. That is the issue with ME's passing thus far this year, not the QB!

You're correct. The WR are definitely not Burgo and Smith as someone said earlier - But 80% of pass attempts made this year have not even been in the same zip code as the intended receiver. If you haven't seen that, then we're not watching the same team....

There is one thing I have observed through my own experiences and my childrens is that if a parent coach has kids on the team that are not very good then his/her coaching will 95% of the time be very poor. They will spend most of their time promoting their kid and his friends. Now a parent coach whose children are very good is usually a top coach. He/She will not favor their kids and coach like they should. The Gallagher kids are top athletes. Outside of school sports when they are paticipating on travel teams they are amongst the best, including their opponents, wherever they are playing. Based on his record, I would have to say Mr. Gallagher is a top coach. As far as winning a state championship in A? Aquinas would be hard for any top AA team to get by let alone any A team. You ME people should be proud to have the program you have, not bashing it.

Guest Glad I'm Gone

No truer words can be spoken........Mr & Mrs G have both got to go.......No fairness in the whole ME athletic program with this situation in tack.......There is no justice for any other kid who has talent who happens to be in contention for any position in any sport their (MR & MRS G"s) kids want to play........It just SUKS !!!! Yesensky's knew this and put his kid in UE rather than go thru it (the B.S.) with Galagher's at ME.......Just ask them... they would rather pay HS tuition at UE than try to get Nick a fair chance at ME with the Galagher's in control........

My kid has been gone from this wretched athletic program for three years (graduated) The bull crap will never end at this school. The favoritisim for the teachers, principals, coaches kids and kiss ups will never end. Welcome to the ME nightmare. Before it was Krowiak, Crooks, Sinicki, Tallons, Yesenskys, Vanworts, AD Cook, etc..... now it is Gallagher his wife and their funky crew of motleys and baffoons!!! Good Luck Ya'll, cause your gonna need it. Bye-Bye and lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!

My kid has been gone from this wretched athletic program for three years (graduated) The bull crap will never end at this school. The favoritisim for the teachers, principals, coaches kids and kiss ups will never end. Welcome to the ME nightmare. Before it was Krowiak, Crooks, Sinicki, Tallons, Yesenskys, Vanworts, AD Cook, etc..... now it is Gallagher his wife and their funky crew of motleys and baffoons!!! Good Luck Ya'll, cause your gonna need it. Bye-Bye and lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry your kid sucked, on the upshot no one really cares much about the size of your biceps after you graduate from highschool

Archived