Show solidarity with protesters on wall street OCCUPY BINGHAMTON!

Guest Guest

I am glad to see the people waking up. What is America today but a Wall Street oligarchy? The word Democracy does not refer to Democracy at all. It is a sham and a meaningless signifier for money greed, mindless consumption,irresponsible behavior, indifference to humanist values, imperialism. A financial aristocracy has all the privileges, leads wars abroad, taxes the lower classes at home, hides its booty in secret locations, waves flags and crosses to submit the naive. Time to clean up the house, oust the corrupters, come back to basic humane principles. America has had a revolution before and cleaned its house of corrupters, she can do it again.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so sick of the lame argument that we shouldn't punish "successful" people for being "successful".

It's one thing for someone to prosper in a reasonable way by doing something productive in an environment where the groundrules are equitable for all. It's quite another thing to earn obscene amounts of money for gaming a system where the rules have been skewed as the result of entrenched big business interests unduly influencing government, where all one does is move money around for the sole purpose of making money, and where the end result of the enterprise is the undermining of the overall economy.

Things are so out of balance right now and trending dangerously more so. Anyone who defends the status quo must either be someone who stands to lose by reform, or has been duped by sinister and cynical politicians who, solely for their own political advancement, would have us believe that this is the "American Way".

I'm so sick of the lame argument that we shouldn't punish "successful" people for being "successful".

It's one thing for someone to prosper in a reasonable way by doing something productive in an environment where the groundrules are equitable for all. It's quite another thing to earn obscene amounts of money for gaming a system where the rules have been skewed as the result of entrenched big business interests unduly influencing government, where all one does is move money around for the sole purpose of making money, and where the end result of the enterprise is the undermining of the overall economy.

Things are so out of balance right now and trending dangerously more so. Anyone who defends the status quo must either be someone who stands to lose by reform, or has been duped by sinister and cynical politicians who, solely for their own political advancement, would have us believe that this is the "American Way".

We don't want to hear this.

We want to listen to Limbaugh, Hannity and the rest of the corporatist Judas Goats to the middle class.

Navin, you are simply out of touch. The days of just going to college and getting a job and making a life automatically are gone. We haven't just shipped the manufacturing jobs overseas, but the engineering and programming and other skilled jobs as well. Then, back here we have cut back on the number of good jobs and are not making more of them. So someone spends a minimum of $20,000 on a degree, only to find low-paying jobs and astronomical health care, food, and energy costs.

Working hard isn't the problem.

Why have jobs been shipped over seas? because the cost of doing business in the US is too high? Why is it too high? because taxes are not only crippling us but businesses as well. Whats casuing taxes to be so high? A much too dependant on social programs society. Don't tell me I am out of touch, I was there, I went to college, got a degree in a field that was not promising and closed while I was in college. I worked at jobs that I hated that weren't in my field until I reinvented myself and got hired by a company doing a job I love. Don't blame society on your problems. Like the other poster said, don't like your life or career, look in the mirror, no one else to blame.

Why have jobs been shipped over seas? because the cost of doing business in the US is too high? Why is it too high? because taxes are not only crippling us but businesses as well. Whats casuing taxes to be so high? A much too dependant on social programs society. Don't tell me I am out of touch, I was there, I went to college, got a degree in a field that was not promising and closed while I was in college. I worked at jobs that I hated that weren't in my field until I reinvented myself and got hired by a company doing a job I love. Don't blame society on your problems. Like the other poster said, don't like your life or career, look in the mirror, no one else to blame.

While the U.S. corporate tax rate is high on paper, once all the credits, deductions, and loopholes are accounted for, the U.S. has the second-lowest corporate taxes in the developed world.

Stop eating the crap you are being fed.

While the U.S. corporate tax rate is high on paper, once all the credits, deductions, and loopholes are accounted for, the U.S. has the second-lowest corporate taxes in the developed world.

If that were true why are companies farming their work out all over the world? Why can NYS not keep companies from moving jobs out at an alarming rate? The tax issues and union issues in the USA make doing business here much more difficult.

You refer to "corporate tax issues" but the real issue is not large corporations its the fact that small to mid sized companies not mom and pop stuff but places like Dick's have to move to be able to grow. If we didn't give tax breaks to Maine's, Willow Run etc they would bolt for other areas as well. We have these huge taxes and the majority of the money goes to 2 places -Union Pension/Insurance for gov workers and social programs that benefit less than 15% of society.

Who wants it larger? We just want it to do what's right for the American people, and not corporate interests.

And who gets to decide "what's right for the American people"?

If that were true why are companies farming their work out all over the world? Why can NYS not keep companies from moving jobs out at an alarming rate? The tax issues and union issues in the USA make doing business here much more difficult.

You refer to "corporate tax issues" but the real issue is not large corporations its the fact that small to mid sized companies not mom and pop stuff but places like Dick's have to move to be able to grow. If we didn't give tax breaks to Maine's, Willow Run etc they would bolt for other areas as well. We have these huge taxes and the majority of the money goes to 2 places -Union Pension/Insurance for gov workers and social programs that benefit less than 15% of society.

"If that were true why are companies farming their work out all over the world?"

Simple, Labor Arbitrage.

You are so good at blaming corporations and all individuals who Earn what they get, you are so good at posting specious numbers pulled from your anus, try something different.

Not that it will ever convince you but spend some time on here.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

Your string pullers know the American People will no longer tolerate one-sided violence, and you are too ignorant and brainwashed to even see what is coming.

Jobs are shipped overseas because at some point it was no longer ok for a business to just make a profit, it had to make MORE profit than it did the year before. To do that, internal costs had to be lowered, and that wasn't coming out of executive salaries, nor the price of finished goods and services.

You want to see the American economy take off like a rocket? Suspend all federal commerce regulations for five years.

Agreed. Get government out of the way and the economy will be booming!

Jobs are shipped overseas because at some point it was no longer ok for a business to just make a profit, it had to make MORE profit than it did the year before. To do that, internal costs had to be lowered, and that wasn't coming out of executive salaries, nor the price of finished goods and services.

Well businesses are in business to make a profit. It's when taxing and regulations start eroding profits is when companies have to do something.

Well businesses are in business to make a profit. It's when taxing and regulations start eroding profits is when companies have to do something.

I have no problem with business making a profit, but when they have to "chase the dragon" and continually increase their profit or risk losing the "confidence" of investors, that's where we get into the situation we have now.

Lets talk in 20 years about "regulations", when China has completely trashed their environment, and starts looking to take our clean water and natural resources. Business can't be trusted to do the right thing on their own, so they need at least a minimum of regulation.

I have no problem with business making a profit, but when they have to "chase the dragon" and continually increase their profit or risk losing the "confidence" of investors, that's where we get into the situation we have now.

Lets talk in 20 years about "regulations", when China has completely trashed their environment, and starts looking to take our clean water and natural resources. Business can't be trusted to do the right thing on their own, so they need at least a minimum of regulation.

Obamacare needs to be removed from all businesses.

If that were true why are companies farming their work out all over the world?

Because they can do it cheaper, which increases their profits. The average hourly wage in southern China is 75 cents an hour.

Yeah - they are really suffering. :rolleyes:

economix-27profits-custom1.jpg

oh so your here defending a 4% tax increase on the top earners...so the country can help create solid middle class jobs.

...take your meds.

Get off your butt.

We don't want to hear this.

We want to listen to Limbaugh, Hannity and the rest of the corporatist Judas Goats to the middle class.

Yeah, we would much rather listen to you whiney crybabies who just don't have what it takes to become successful.

Now show the chart showing the excessive profits and spending habits of Government!

Government makes excessive profits?

Crawl back into the bottle james.

The 99%.

Who are they? Those morons protesting on Wall St.? I don't think they represent anyone but themselves. They can't cut it and want to kick and scream how it is someone elses fault. Take the idiot who is complaining about his college loan debt and how anyone with college loan debt should be down there. Go to a school you can afford dummy!

Archived