ALL METRO FOOTBALL TEAM

Guest Guest

Guest Guest101
heard Sorrenti is being heavily recruited....may end up at Penn State or SU

&&&&&&&&&&

Sorrenti is good size and powerful there is no doubt. I have watched a number of games this years and the playoffs on TV. One of these days, some coach somewhere is going to figure it out and instruct his defenders to tackle him and wrap up around the legs. It truly amazes me how high he runs and for some reason defenses try to tackle high, only to be pushed or dragged down field.

It kind of reminds me of when Brandon Jacobs first came into the NFL and was running people over until they realized to hit him low to take him down. I wonder if the coaches from Aquinas or Burnt Hills saw this when they reviewed the tapes of their losses.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Big Dog

Uceta is a better tailback than Jordan Thomas from U-E ever was, he's not as fast as Thomas in a 100m but it would be close in a 40 yard dash. Once Uceta physically develops and gets up around 180-190 lbs he'll be unstoppable.

Boy, you are really stretching this one. Thomas is much taller and was much bigger at the same age. Thomas hit like a ton of bricks on defense. Uceta is very quick but has a very small frame. Uceta avoids contact since he is easy to take down once grabbed, he can be armed tackled. Thomas could not be brought down that way. Not even close in talent. Uceta is a very good player for "high school" but will maybe see some interest from a D2 school. Thomas was recruited by many D1 major colleges. Most of the colleges wanted Thomas for defense. Rutgers gave him the opportunity to play offense.

where are you getting off saying things like players are punks? and judging other players?

Based on the way that he is as a person, he is a punk. Has nothing to do with Football or sports in general. It is what it is!

Based on the way that he is as a person, he is a punk. Has nothing to do with Football or sports in general. It is what it is!

Another spineless internet coward has spoken.

M-E is loaded and will be the best team in the section 4 and probably NY for a couple more years at least.....the core of the team is Sorrenti (Jr), Uceta (Jr), Jacoby (Jr), Woolfolk (Soph), Haddock (Jr), Gallagher (Soph), and most of the linemen are 11th graders......unreal. We'll see at least 3-4 of these kids at a big-time Division 1 college and likely the NFL someday.

Are you on drugs?

Just because they made it to the state championship doesnt mean anything to the all metro team.... who would their player of the year be??

The idiots who picked the All-Metro team had a tendency to overload the team with players from teams successful in the playoffs. I guess that’s his/their way of rewarding success. The problem being, many much more deserving players who happened to be on a weak team got shafted.

I say let the college scouts and the zebras pick the all-stars, they have better grip on who the real players are.

Guest coach gallagher

Uceta is a better tailback than Jordan Thomas from U-E ever was, he's not as fast as Thomas in a 100m but it would be close in a 40 yard dash. Once Uceta physically develops and gets up around 180-190 lbs he'll be unstoppable.

i hope this is a joke...

Why don't you learn how to spell 'there' you idiot? Half the people on here don't know when the all-metro team comes out and just make up a day...arbitrarily. Looking for a definitive answer & date.

Why don't you learn how to spell 'there' you idiot? Half the people on here don't know when the all-metro team comes out and just make up a day...arbitrarily. Looking for a definitive answer & date.

It is normaly in the paper the Sunday after Christmas. This year Christmas is on Sunday so it may be in on Christmas Day.

When will the All-Metro team be listed in the Press & Sun Bulletin?

All-metro does not exist anymore. What replaced it, as others have said, will be in the paper on Christmas Day

It was a typo.

And my point stands. The answer was on the first page. How more definitive do you want than Christmas? It's only been on the Sunday of or after Christmas for nearly 20 years now.

the word on the street, is that M-E has 5 players on All Metro and most are juniors, plus another 3-4 on All-conference/all division teams can someone say the best football team ever from Section 4.

If all metro doesn't exist, then what is it called?

Not sure what it was called last year, but what happened is the Elmira, Ithaca and Binghamton papers made one full offensive and defensive team that represented the coverage area of all three papers combined, From Southern Springs to the Cornings to the Oneonta area.. They then EACH had another team consisting of just the schools in the area they individually cover.

the word on the street, is that M-E has 5 players on All Metro and most are juniors, plus another 3-4 on All-conference/all division teams can someone say the best football team ever from Section 4.

The Eddie Koban led UE team would have killed this ME team.

Ue 79 bing 85 and Ue 89 all better than this team. More team speed. Ue 79 had 11 d1 players on it. Me 11 great team though. I would say definitely top 15 best ever

Archived