ALL METRO FOOTBALL TEAM

Guest Guest

We are talking about him because he is legitt D-1 player. Anyone else in the area with D-1 offers? I heard from a friend of the family that he leaves for Texas next week. He was invited to the U S Army combine, anyone else in the area going?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are talking about him because he is legitt D-1 player. Anyone else in the area with D-1 offers? I heard from a friend of the family that he leaves for Texas next week. He was invited to the U S Army combine, anyone else in the area going?

I’m not taking any shots at the kid, I haven’t seen him play. So, I don’t know if he’s the real deal or not. For his sake, I hope he is.

But, I personally don’t believe he has any “real” FBS offers.

I also don’t think his participating in the US Army Combine is a big deal either. The participants have to pay their own way. The kid is just advertizing himself.

Tell me down the road that he will be playing in the US Army All-American Bowl and I’ll be a believer.

For now all this hype is just his fans/friends making a big deal over nothing.

If he is the real deal he should probably go to a Prep School where he can show his stuff. Or is it a case that none of them are interested in him? The give scholarships too!

First of all everyone pays there own way to combines, the honor is in getting yhe invite. A select few get to go, and yes thats the Idea of a combine to get noticed. So since you haven't seen him play how can you comment on any of this?

First of all everyone pays there own way to combines, the honor is in getting yhe invite. A select few get to go, and yes thats the Idea of a combine to get noticed. So since you haven't seen him play how can you comment on any of this?

Most participants are not invited. They register and they are either accepted or not. Most of the participants will never see a football scholarship. So, the only impressive thing about his participation is the fact that he has someone [One or both parents I suspect] who are willing to spend the money.

I can comment on the nonsense. He does not have any FBS offers. Has he gotten a ton of letters, etc. from coaches – maybe, but it doesn’t mean anything at this point.

I hadn’t commented on his chances down the road or his skills because I hadn’t seen him live.

I will do that now. I did view the video he has online and wasn’t impressed. His ball wobbles a lot and he didn’t include a single pass with zip. Don’t tell me that Seton’s receivers are all so bad that he has to lob every pass.

IF that, and I don’t know for a fact that the tape was representative, is all he’s got, he hasn’t even got a strong D2 arm.

If he goes to UE next year I will make an effort to see him live.

FYI, I just looked it up. They accept up to 500 participants. 500 pay your own way participants when there are combines all over the country to attend isn’t that impressive.

They did list some alumni.

They were: U.S. Army National Combine alumni include: Josh Freeman (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Ted Ginn, Jr. (San Francisco 49ers), Percy Harvin (Minnesota Vikings), Colt McCoy (Cleveland Browns), Patrick Peterson (Arizona Cardinals), Matt Stafford (Detroit Lions), and Tim Tebow (Denver Broncos).

If their 500 participants are all potential blue chip players, one would think that the list of NFL player would be much longer. Prep School, D2 and D3 coaches/scouts go to these for a look also!

Think about it kid. It’s nice, but not really an honor to be one out of 500 and that doesn’t even include seniors.

binghamton is not replacing andre yevie at qb, so that's out, unless caleb would consider playing somewhere else (wr?, d line?) then bingo is where he should go

yes, u-e has an offense with no imagination, and even if caleb qb'ed at u-e, who knows what mediocre results may occur... but seton is still the worst option, they are flat out horrible, seton bs'ed caleb, and now he is stuck... also caleb's mom lives in u-e, so that part makes it easy...

If caleb goes to U.E. Hurd might change the offense. U.E. has two very good receivers returning. With a big strong QB Hurd might elect to go into a spread.

are u nuts?! have u ever seen the kid run?! He was one of the slowest kids on SCC last year. Think im lying? go check out a scc basketball game. He is slow as mud and has zero lateral quickness,

the bing qb last year is 10x the athlete and much better at running the spread.

he's a scrub qb and should have changed positions years ago,

The Binghamton QB has no arm strength. The worst one Ramil has had. Don't expect much out of Bing next year.

The Binghamton QB has no arm strength. The worst one Ramil has had. Don't expect much out of Bing next year.

The Binghamton QB is awful small, but he isn’t going to be the problem. I consider him to be a pretty good little player.

Last year they didn’t have a single player listed above 200 lbs and over 6 feet tall. [Per the program I bought in E. Syaracuse] It's amazing what they did with such little people.

Too many of their players who player bigger than their actual physical measurements will be gone. Unless they have a lot of talent coming up it looks to be a long year.

The Binghamton QB is awful small, but he isn’t going to be the problem. I consider him to be a pretty good little player.

Last year they didn’t have a single player listed above 200 lbs and over 6 feet tall. [Per the program I bought in E. Syaracuse] It's amazing what they did with such little people.

Too many of their players who player bigger than their actual physical measurements will be gone. Unless they have a lot of talent coming up it looks to be a long year.

And why are they so small? Are the coaches chasing the big guys away or don't any live in Binghamton?

yeah, the e syracuse program was right on - it listed noel young at 5' 8", 190... which is probably right, when he was 8th grade... noel is about 5'10", 260... and kareem lever is about 6'0", 240, not to mention mundo young, 6' 1", 225, garbs 5'10" 245, key baker 5'10" 240, jovail argro 5' 11" 250, quay parker 5' 9", 225, morgan faughnan 6' 1" 210 ... not many tall players, but they are strong and athletic... but everyone should look past the patriots next year, they will suck big time

yeah, the e syracuse program was right on - it listed noel young at 5' 8", 190... which is probably right, when he was 8th grade... noel is about 5'10", 260... and kareem lever is about 6'0", 240, not to mention mundo young, 6' 1", 225, garbs 5'10" 245, key baker 5'10" 240, jovail argro 5' 11" 250, quay parker 5' 9", 225, morgan faughnan 6' 1" 210 ... not many tall players, but they are strong and athletic... but everyone should look past the patriots next year, they will suck big time

Where did they get their numbers from? Was Ramil sandbaging by reporting them smaller than actual. It's usually the other way around in HS football.

If caleb goes to U.E. Hurd might change the offense. U.E. has two very good receivers returning. With a big strong QB Hurd might elect to go into a spread.

What are you smoking? That kid couldn't spread peanut butter let alone run the offense!! Hopefully Hurd would do what should have been done a long time ago...make the kid a line-man. (but then again Hurd left Gianfrante at FB when he should have been a OG) Why would Hurd take a senior transfer, with minimal athletic ability and a ton of drama then retool his offense around the kid?? Hurd aint the smartest, but he aint the dumbest either.

Hopefully CS come back from the Texas combine and realize that QB isnt where it's at for him. Either way get out of SCC.

What are you smoking? That kid couldn't spread peanut butter let alone run the offense!! Hopefully Hurd would do what should have been done a long time ago...make the kid a line-man. (but then again Hurd left Gianfrante at FB when he should have been a OG) Why would Hurd take a senior transfer, with minimal athletic ability and a ton of drama then retool his offense around the kid?? Hurd aint the smartest, but he aint the dumbest either.

Hopefully CS come back from the Texas combine and realize that QB isnt where it's at for him. Either way get out of SCC.

I have not seen him play since he went to Seton. Shane can mold him into a top prospect . Caleb can fill the air with footballs for U.E. He has the arm and he has the speed.

Only 1% of all high school football players receive scholarships. The U S Army combine is invitation only, only 500 kids natiowide, the top recruits. You need your eyes checked, the kid can throw 65-70 yards, with great velocity, check the 15-20 yard passes. By the way colleges only want to see 7-10 play tapes. NICE TRY MILLER!

With CS making honorable mention at QB at the Army Combine, he will stay with playing that position. Whether that's good or not remains to be seen, but if he stays at Seton, his chances of looking good in the games are not good, so he better check his other options. Seton will do him no favors for football, that's for sure.

I agree about Seton, but I've seen this kid throw and he has all the tools to be a good one. I've watched him warm up before a couple of games, he is very impressive on long balls especially. And obviously he's impressing the coaches at the combines and colleges as well.

I agree about Seton, but I've seen this kid throw and he has all the tools to be a good one. I've watched him warm up before a couple of games, he is very impressive on long balls especially. And obviously he's impressing the coaches at the combines and colleges as well.

I am sure caleb has a good arm... but he has to have a few other qualities for him to be seriously looked at the upper college level... for one, he has to have accuracy in his throws... next, he has to make good decisions in the pocket, especially in the face of a pass rush... then, he has to be able make plays under duress, that is, he has to be able to feel the backside rush, buy time when no receiver is initially open, side step tacklers to keep a play going, and so on... and last, he has to be a leader in the huddle and team... if he does these, he has a chance...

He obvously can make can make the throws, he's competeing at the highest levels. He wouldn't have made the all offenseive team unless he was accurate and could make the throws. And in the game I saw (Greene) he was on the move all game. I'm pretty sure he had 250 yds that game. And he already has D1 offers, and I'm sure he will have more.

He obvously can make can make the throws, he's competeing at the highest levels. He wouldn't have made the all offenseive team unless he was accurate and could make the throws. And in the game I saw (Greene) he was on the move all game. I'm pretty sure he had 250 yds that game. And he already has D1 offers, and I'm sure he will have more.

He has no FBS offers. Everyone made at least honorable mention if they paid to be in the combine. He didn't do much last year to make him an FBS prospect , let's give him a chance in 2012 and that will settle the discussion.

Combines mean little, it's what you show on the field.

About combines boys:

http://recruiting-10...vited-athletes/

He has no FBS offers. Everyone made at least honorable mention if they paid to be in the combine. He didn't do much last year to make him an FBS prospect , let's give him a chance in 2012 and that will settle the discussion.

Combines mean little, it's what you show on the field.

About combines boys:

http://recruiting-10...vited-athletes/

if caleb stays at seton, he can say goodbye to any fbs chances. seton doesn't even try to be good in football, and now they are looking for another coach, that will make 3 coaches in 4 years for caleb, the first 2 being tank and story, can it get any worse?

God bless you, you are about dumb as a box of rocks. If you look at the list of participants there were over 70 QB's there. You can't coach 6'5" 225lbs with a gun "YOU CAN COACH EVERYTHING ELSE". He is obviously fearless he played with two team with terrible lines, from what I saw he ran for his life. He had 1200 yds this year in 6 games for SETON.

Archived