ALL METRO FOOTBALL TEAM

Guest Guest

Starting at M-E? Where? Not at qb, the coach's son is playing there, and they won the state championship with him as a soph, why would they change? Caleb won't be at M-E.

The coaches kid just handed the ball off. Great line and running game. CS would be great fit.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's funny.., about two weeks ago I was talking to Coach Chaplick(Milford Prep) and Coach Marone(Syracuse) and neither one knew who CS is. Then reading the forum I came up with the conclusion-If Cornell wants CS to go there (his grades must be good) then why was someone mentioning about going to a prep school, that doesn't even make sense. As far as visiting schools on there own time and saying that those schools are interested is absurd. I've personally seen this guy play and because of his size and because of his athleticism he might possibly get looked at by a D-1AA school to play a tight end or defensive position. He has no future as a Qb. Doesn't have a strong arm ( better passer on longer passes than short passes-but thats not saying too much) and way to slow to be a D-1 Qb.

I've never replied on this sight, but I can't resist here. I spoke to one of the Seton coaches this summer after Seton got back from the Syracuse football camp. I'm a huge Cuse fan and I knew that they were looking at him. He told me that Nate Hacket the OC/QB coach worked with Caleb for a couple of days. He told the kid and the coaches that he has an NFL arm, neede to work on touch and accuracy. That he threw the ball to hard on short passes. Hacket coached QB's in the NFL. I think I believe Hacket. Cuse has a ton of QB's in house now, don't think they need him.

I've never replied on this sight, but I can't resist here. I spoke to one of the Seton coaches this summer after Seton got back from the Syracuse football camp. I'm a huge Cuse fan and I knew that they were looking at him. He told me that Nate Hacket the OC/QB coach worked with Caleb for a couple of days. He told the kid and the coaches that he has an NFL arm, neede to work on touch and accuracy. That he threw the ball to hard on short passes. Hacket coached QB's in the NFL. I think I believe Hacket. Cuse has a ton of QB's in house now, don't think they need him.
That's one of the reasons why you have a lot of question on SCC coaching. That is complete nonsense! If he was so good, don't you think that Syracuse would make a spot in the Qb. rotation for this"stud"? You're totally absurd..., please stop the bullsh-t.

That's one of the reasons why you have a lot of question on SCC coaching. That is complete nonsense! If he was so good, don't you think that Syracuse would make a spot in the Qb. rotation for this"stud"? You're totally absurd..., please stop the bullsh-t.

the only BS around here is you. I was simply responding to the question of arm strength. There are many factors involved in choosing a qb. The biggest one is does he fit the system, I don't think he does. Cuse has 6 qb's in house now and just got Ashton Broyed from Millford.The trueth is sometimes hard to handle, especially for you. The coach had no reason to lie.

the only BS around here is you. I was simply responding to the question of arm strength. There are many factors involved in choosing a qb. The biggest one is does he fit the system, I don't think he does. Cuse has 6 qb's in house now and just got Ashton Broyed from Millford.The trueth is sometimes hard to handle, especially for you. The coach had no reason to lie.
I'm just telling you what the two coaches told me.., they didn't ever hear of him, plain and simple. As far as arm strength..., did you ever see him throw the ball? Not to good. If he's as good as you and theSCC coach say he is-then CS has a full ride. Last year Syracuse drafted one Qb, Ashton Broyed, and the two coaches with whom (you don't believe-I don't care)spoke with are planning for Broyed to see a lot of action at Qb. this year. And they don't have a big reserve Qb. list.

If he was so good he would have made some kind of an all-star team. If not in the triple cities he would have at least been noticed as one of the better Qb's in the state. Especially if all of those D-1AA and D-1 schools are all out to capture him!

I'm just telling you what the two coaches told me.., they didn't ever hear of him, plain and simple. As far as arm strength..., did you ever see him throw the ball? Not to good. If he's as good as you and theSCC coach say he is-then CS has a full ride. Last year Syracuse drafted one Qb, Ashton Broyed, and the two coaches with whom (you don't believe-I don't care)spoke with are planning for Broyed to see a lot of action at Qb. this year. And they don't have a big reserve Qb. list.

The coach from Millford has no reason to know who he is. And he wasn't with Marone at the camp he was with Hachet. yes I saw him play against Greene. He had 250yds, better then 50% compl, and he did that with no line and no running backs they were hurt. And he played against an all out blitz all day. Does he have all of the skill sets needed to play at that level, I'm not a scout or a coach so I can't tell you that, but he impressed the heck out of me. And he is fearless, hangs in there no matter what. Also saw the Tioga game where on the first play he missed the receiver on a go route by a step, threw the ball at least 55yds with a perfect spiral. You guys seem to be the experts you tell me.

Syracuse has 6 qbs listed on their roster 5 juniors and under. Broyed came to school 2 weeks ago that makes 7.

Syracuse has 6 qbs listed on their roster 5 juniors and under. Broyed came to school 2 weeks ago that makes 7.
That's not a lot of Qb's for a D-1 school of Syracuses level. Of those Qb's how many will play? How many are svcholarship Qb's? How many are going to stay as Qb's? They can't be that good if Nashir starting. However getting back toCS playing against Tioga. Sure he threw the ball 55yds,(actually it was about 40-45 yards) but was it complete? No .., not even close.

If he was so good he would have made some kind of an all-star team. If not in the triple cities he would have at least been noticed as one of the better Qb's in the state. Especially if all of those D-1AA and D-1 schools are all out to capture him!

You make a good point. The NYS Sportswriters' named 32 QB's to their All-Star team. If this kid was "really" a D1 or even a strong D2 prospect he should have shown up on the small ball division he played in. This kid obviously isn't seriously on anybody's radar.

The coach from Millford has no reason to know who he is. And he wasn't with Marone at the camp he was with Hachet. yes I saw him play against Greene. He had 250yds, better then 50% compl, and he did that with no line and no running backs they were hurt. And he played against an all out blitz all day. Does he have all of the skill sets needed to play at that level, I'm not a scout or a coach so I can't tell you that, but he impressed the heck out of me. And he is fearless, hangs in there no matter what. Also saw the Tioga game where on the first play he missed the receiver on a go route by a step, threw the ball at least 55yds with a perfect spiral. You guys seem to be the experts you tell me.
Hanging in there when the other team blitz's? That doesn't make sense. A good Qb. would take advantage of that and run or some short flat patterns.Yes, I agree, you're not no scout or coach.

Hanging in there when the other team blitz's? That doesn't make sense. A good Qb. would take advantage of that and run or some short flat patterns.Yes, I agree, you're not no scout or coach.
I meant that he would run or pass the ball to some flat patterns.

if you want to get a fair assessment of how good caleb is, the best way is for him to play in a good football program, with good coaching and good players, then you can see if caleb can really play. i don't think you can judge him playing at vestal, which is real bad but at least has some numbers and some good athletes, and then seton, which is the worst program ever, they suck so bad. put caleb at u-e, m-e, bingo, anywhere where they take football serious, then let's see. maybe he can, maybe he can't, but at seton he won't do anything but look like $hit

if you want to get a fair assessment of how good caleb is, the best way is for him to play in a good football program, with good coaching and good players, then you can see if caleb can really play. i don't think you can judge him playing at vestal, which is real bad but at least has some numbers and some good athletes, and then seton, which is the worst program ever, they suck so bad. put caleb at u-e, m-e, bingo, anywhere where they take football serious, then let's see. maybe he can, maybe he can't, but at seton he won't do anything but look like $hit
How can you even mention UE as a place for a Qb. to go?Since Coach Hurd took over he hasn't had a all-star Qb yet.! Do you think CS will be an exception in the failing Qb's under Hurds tenure? I don't think so.

Guest dreamer

How can you even mention UE as a place for a Qb. to go?Since Coach Hurd took over he hasn't had a all-star Qb yet.! Do you think CS will be an exception in the failing Qb's under Hurds tenure? I don't think so.

i guess the point is that places like ue, even with bad qb training, at least try to put a good football team on the field, but seton doesn't even try to be good, so why is caleb at that dump?

Hurd will not have him playing QB.

Hurd will not have him playing QB.

If he is going to play for the Tigers' you might of made a strong point. I don't think Hurd knows how to deal with a passing offense let alone, a passing Qb.

If he is going to play for the Tigers' you might of made a strong point. I don't think Hurd knows how to deal with a passing offense let alone, a passing Qb.
Shit, if he ain't going to play Qb. at UE he might as well stay at SCC where he is at least known as a Qb.

Regarding CS:

If his mother lives in the UE school district as someone posted a while back I would expect that he would most likely end up at UE. However, I have to agree that he shouldn't go to UE unless the coach agrees that he will be a QB. No guarantee that he will start, just a guarantee that he will not try to convert him into a lineman.

Let the kid chase his dream. He can play someplace after HS, maybe even surprise those of us that do not believe he has a shot at D1 FCS much less FBS. No prep school scholarship in 2012, no D1 offers IMO.

If he were able to lead UE to a win over ME this year at QB it would be quite a feather in his helmet. Although I don't see that happening.

If he were able to lead UE to a win over ME this year at QB it would be quite a feather in his helmet. Although I don't see that happening.

That would be great. I seen the ME head coach at the wresting matches at the arena over the past weekend. He really thinks he is a pretty boy and that his poop don't stink.

That would be great. I seen the ME head coach at the wresting matches at the arena over the past weekend. He really thinks he is a pretty boy and that his poop don't stink.

Kind of like Shane Hurd..., wouldn't you think?

Guest Downtown Quarterback

U.E. has had some good QBs under Hurd. Ryan Quinlivan was excellent. Mario Carrol was good when healthy. Orlando did a good job as a 10th grader until he got hurt. Caleb would compete for orlando for the starting job. My guess is Caleb would win the job based on his size and durabilty. Orlando can be a very good backup and would be the starter in his Senior year. U.E. would be a great fit for Caleb. U.E. has two explosive receivers returning in Krowiak and yesesensky. Chelsock give them a very good running back and receiver out of the backfield. Davis gives them a power back and a good blocker. That is plenty of options for caleb to distribute the ball. Caleb can also utilize his running skills in Shanes offense.

Did you talk to him to come up with that opinion or get it at 100 ft away?

U.E. has had some good QBs under Hurd. Ryan Quinlivan was excellent. Mario Carrol was good when healthy. Orlando did a good job as a 10th grader until he got hurt. Caleb would compete for orlando for the starting job. My guess is Caleb would win the job based on his size and durabilty. Orlando can be a very good backup and would be the starter in his Senior year. U.E. would be a great fit for Caleb. U.E. has two explosive receivers returning in Krowiak and yesesensky. Chelsock give them a very good running back and receiver out of the backfield. Davis gives them a power back and a good blocker. That is plenty of options for caleb to distribute the ball. Caleb can also utilize his running skills in Shanes offense.

What do you consider excellant? Excellant to make an All-Star team? No. Mario Carrol-All-Star? No. Orlando? No. Downtown Qb.(hopefully you're not Pilarcek) you are completely wrong. Pilarcek knows what I'm talking about-believe me. (sorry I brought you into this thread but I know you would agree with me)

Archived