Jim Johnson Implodes - Yankees Robbed

Guest Guest

Guest Eddie F.
Former Union Endicott Jim Johnson does everything he can to blow the save and the umps bail him out. Yanks get all the calls, huh? Highway robbery.

JJ was very cool under pressure. Machado misplayed the bunt to make things were then they should have been for the Orioles All Star. JJ got the last two men to ground out softly to preserve his major league leading 42 saves.

Former Union Endicott Jim Johnson does everything he can to blow the save and the umps bail him out.  Yanks get all the calls, huh?  Highway robbery.

Give me a break. Funny how when they DON'T get a call it's a major catastrophe. They could have one call go against them in in each game left this season and they would still be ahead of the game. Let me pull out my violin for all of you. Whiners!!

Guest Big Dog
Former Union Endicott Jim Johnson does everything he can to blow the save and the umps bail him out. Yanks get all the calls, huh? Highway robbery.

Are you kidding? You are right about the call. Imploding???? Really?? Johnson did not walk anyone nor throw a wild pitch. Yankees can hit. Unfortunately, he left the ball up and good hitters will hit. Terrible call at first. I have seen many just like that for the 35 and older softball team... the Yankees. Slow and give up HR's( they lead the league in hitting HR's and giving up HR's). They will make the playoffs but are the very last team, that playoff teams are concerned about. Yankess have so many albatrosses on the team that will hog tie them for years. Even as we speak, you can see their ace, CC,not the same pitcher. A-Rod is a 25 HR, 75 RBI man (if he can play 150 games)for 7 more years of 25 mil. The only true studs is Cano with Jeter not that far behinds. All the rest have their best years behind them.

JJ had that deer in the headlights look on his face and obviously can't handle true stress. What I mean by that is, this is the 1st time he has ever pitched in a meaningful game. What happens? He chokes and needed the umps help. Pathetic

JJ had that deer in the headlights look on his face and obviously can't handle true stress. What I mean by that is, this is the 1st time he has ever pitched in a meaningful game. What happens? He chokes and needed the umps help. Pathetic

It's easy to get a save when nothing is on the line, but by some miracle the Orioles are playing for a possible postseason birth. They're not going to get it with a closer like JJ. He got lucky this time...won't happen again. He's not a big game pitcher.

Guest lou pinella

Are you kidding? You are right about the call. Imploding???? Really?? Johnson did not walk anyone nor throw a wild pitch. Yankees can hit. Unfortunately, he left the ball up and good hitters will hit. Terrible call at first. I have seen many just like that for the 35 and older softball team... the Yankees. Slow and give up HR's( they lead the league in hitting HR's and giving up HR's). They will make the playoffs but are the very last team, that playoff teams are concerned about. Yankess have so many albatrosses on the team that will hog tie them for years. Even as we speak, you can see their ace, CC,not the same pitcher. A-Rod is a 25 HR, 75 RBI man (if he can play 150 games)for 7 more years of 25 mil. The only true studs is Cano with Jeter not that far behinds. All the rest have their best years behind them.

So the Yanks are a bunch of has-beens? Then JJ is a never was. No excuse for that performance in the most important save of his career. Should have been an easy one with that lead going up against a bunch of has beens. You people crack me up.

Guest Rollie Fingers

It's easy to get a save when nothing is on the line, but by some miracle the Orioles are playing for a possible postseason birth. They're not going to get it with a closer like JJ. He got lucky this time...won't happen again. He's not a big game pitcher.

If it is so easy to get a save then how come so few pitchers can handle the stress and do it. Look how Robertson could not handle the role when the Yankees gave it to him. JJ has 42 saves. Johnson has more one run saves then any pitcher in baseball. A three run save is the easy one. Get your facts straight. JJ is an elite closer who has handled the one run save pressure all year. In fact he was magnificent in last nights game when the pressure was on. The bases were loaded and with nobody out and he calmly retired the next three batters to preserve the save.

Johnson calmly got a save from the umps. Anything else is an endicott spin job. His one chance to shine and he looked like a rookie. He has a long way to go before anybody considers him an elite pitcher. I wasnt impressed

Give me a break. Funny how when they DON'T get a call it's a major catastrophe. They could have one call go against them in in each game left this season and they would still be ahead of the game. Let me pull out my violin for all of you. Whiners!!

And apparently Jeffrey Maier doesn't ring a bell to Yankee fans in the history of bad calls. Ironically it was vs the O's as well.

Johnson calmly got a save from the umps. Anything else is an endicott spin job. His one chance to shine and he looked like a rookie. He has a long way to go before anybody considers him an elite pitcher. I wasnt impressed

You weren't impressed because you're an idiot.

He is having a great year and is quickly becoming a top flight reliever. The numbers don't lie so don't be a hater.

The Yanks got hosed yesterday pure and simple. Terrible call on a play that wasn't even bang bang. Tex's body was over the bag when the ball arrived.

Jerry Meals has a history of bonehead calls against the Yanks. I am surprised Girardi didn't come out of the dugout, he usually tears into Meals when he can.

JJ jas been super, gonna be a rich man one day............Yanks have gotten plenty of calls over the years, but even Mr Sarcastic calls it like it is, they got hosed. Stevie Wonder could have made the call. However, how unprofessional was Texeria with his comments.............

Yea but "he sucks" according to the local ilk who you'd think would be all over supporting the guy.

He has evolved into one of the top relievers in the AL, period.

I hope he blows it for the O's because I am a Yankee fan but credit is undeniable.

He is one of the big reasons they are still pushing for the AL East Title.

Saddest thing about it is that the umpire watched the replay and still insisted he made the right call. He blew the call big time and now he is blowing it even worse by not seeing how much of a bone head call he made with the replay right in front of him

Yeah right, The Yankee closer Soriano blew the save for CC tonight while the great Jim Johnson notched yet another save. Johnson is the greatest cloer in orioles history with his 46th save. he broke the record of 45 set by Randy Myers. With this yeoman effort by Johnson this season he can now be considered the greatest pitcher ever in the storied U.E. baseball history. Johnson will be a very very rich man when he inks his contract for next season.

Yeah right, The Yankee closer Soriano blew the save for CC tonight while the great Jim Johnson notched yet another save. Johnson is the greatest cloer in orioles history with his 46th save. he broke the record of 45 set by Randy Myers. With this yeoman effort by Johnson this season he can now be considered the greatest pitcher ever in the storied U.E. baseball history. Johnson will be a very very rich man when he inks his contract for next season.

do you rub one out to this guy every night?

Guest U.E. major leaguers

LOL, what a dolt. Remind me not to listen to you for sports advice. Johnson has saved every chance since you made this idiotic post. Johnson saved his major league leading 50th game today, setting a new Oriole record once again. Johnson has converted his last 20 straight save chances. He has given up one earned run in his last 25 innings The O's with Johnson are now in the playoffs .

Archived