Jones beats Belfort to retain title at UFC 152

27 Time World Champions

For those who missed it. Here's a blow by blow:

First round: Jones was clapping to lead the fans and they booed him. Jones was dancing, did a cartwheel, just moving around like he’s the man. Vitor chants. Body kick by Belfort. Jones shot for a takedown and got him down. Figured that was coming. Smart move. Jones slammed him a little. Belfort went for an armrbar. . Jones power bombed him and Belfort holding on. Jones escaped and that was dangerous. Crowd going crazy for that spot. Belfort is already bleeding from an elbow. Belfort bleeding from the right eye. Belfort worked for an armbar but didn’t get it. Jones with another elbow. Jones landed a punch. Belfort’s face looks like hell from all the elbows. Another elbow by Jones. Loud Vitor chants. Jones now landing punches. Belfort again working for the armbar and Jones backed off. Jones with a stomp and Jones jumped to the ground and had a mount when the round ended. 10-9 Jones. Belfort’s in trouble of it being stopped on blood.

Second round: High kick by Belfort missed. Belfort landed a body shot. Jones with a front leg side kick. Jones spinning elbow but didn’t really land clean. Befort with a head kick and threw sone punches. Jones kicked the arm. Jones kicking the knee. That’s dangerous move. Belfort is already tired. Belfort has no movement. Jones kicking the knee. Jones threw punches that missed. Jones keeps kicking at the knee. Jones kicked the head and then kicked the thigh. Belfort is so gassed. Belfort threw a right. Jones took him down. Belfort more pulled guard because he’s so gassed. Fans chanting for Vitor. Jones with shoulder strikes. Jones is a lot more careful on top compared to the first round. Jones round 20-18.

Third round: Jones with a nice head kick. Jones missed another head kick. Side kick to the body and Belfort went down. Jones stomped on his belly. Jones is now on top which really is where Belfort wants to be anyway because that’s Belfort in a close fight. Not that Belfort can do anything. Belfort threw a few punches. Jones backed off and wanted Belfort on his feet. Jones with a left. Belfort with a left and Jones back with a right. Belfort with a left. Fans chanting for Vitor. Belfort pulled guard again. Rogan doesn’t understand why but that’s what Vitor does when he folds. Jones throw some blows. Another round for Jones 30-27.

Fourth round: Head kick by Belfort. Befort threw punches and pulled guard. Jones going for a Kimura and got the submission. :54

Not much of a fight. Really if it wasn’t the main event and having two compelling personalities people would think it was bad fight.

Jones admitted his arm popped in the first round. He said he wasn’t going to tap out and knows he needs a lot of rest on the arm. Said the arm wasn’t powerful. He indicated that his arm was messed up.

I'm a fan of and rooting for Arthur Jones and Chandler Jones, but not this bum. I hope he heard the boos and took them to heart and thinks long and heard about it. There's a reason why he was soundly booed before and I assume after, although popular, he's not liked by the majority of the MMA fans. And no, I'm not "jealous" or any of the other stupid comebacks many of you say in reply to commentary against him. Just do not like the guy nor how he conducts himself. Just because he is local does not mean i have to pull for him.

Go Chandler. Go Arthur. Jon, if you didn't have two children to support I'd hope it all caves in on you soon.

I heard the boos during the weigh-in and during pre-fight introductions. How could you not?

Jones is now the Floyd Mayweather Jr of his sport. People are going to watch just in the hopes he loses. This guy is going to cash in beyond belief + his Nike contract. Bones is going to be one rich, young man. He's the face of the sport.

For those who missed it. Here's a blow by blow:

First round: Jones was clapping to lead the fans and they booed him. Jones was dancing, did a cartwheel, just moving around like he’s the man. Vitor chants. Body kick by Belfort. Jones shot for a takedown and got him down. Figured that was coming. Smart move. Jones slammed him a little. Belfort went for an armrbar. . Jones power bombed him and Belfort holding on. Jones escaped and that was dangerous. Crowd going crazy for that spot. Belfort is already bleeding from an elbow. Belfort bleeding from the right eye. Belfort worked for an armbar but didn’t get it. Jones with another elbow. Jones landed a punch. Belfort’s face looks like hell from all the elbows. Another elbow by Jones. Loud Vitor chants. Jones now landing punches. Belfort again working for the armbar and Jones backed off. Jones with a stomp and Jones jumped to the ground and had a mount when the round ended. 10-9 Jones. Belfort’s in trouble of it being stopped on blood.

Second round: High kick by Belfort missed. Belfort landed a body shot. Jones with a front leg side kick. Jones spinning elbow but didn’t really land clean. Befort with a head kick and threw sone punches. Jones kicked the arm. Jones kicking the knee. That’s dangerous move. Belfort is already tired. Belfort has no movement. Jones kicking the knee. Jones threw punches that missed. Jones keeps kicking at the knee. Jones kicked the head and then kicked the thigh. Belfort is so gassed. Belfort threw a right. Jones took him down. Belfort more pulled guard because he’s so gassed. Fans chanting for Vitor. Jones with shoulder strikes. Jones is a lot more careful on top compared to the first round. Jones round 20-18.

Third round: Jones with a nice head kick. Jones missed another head kick. Side kick to the body and Belfort went down. Jones stomped on his belly. Jones is now on top which really is where Belfort wants to be anyway because that’s Belfort in a close fight. Not that Belfort can do anything. Belfort threw a few punches. Jones backed off and wanted Belfort on his feet. Jones with a left. Belfort with a left and Jones back with a right. Belfort with a left. Fans chanting for Vitor. Belfort pulled guard again. Rogan doesn’t understand why but that’s what Vitor does when he folds. Jones throw some blows. Another round for Jones 30-27.

Fourth round: Head kick by Belfort. Befort threw punches and pulled guard. Jones going for a Kimura and got the submission. :54

Not much of a fight. Really if it wasn’t the main event and having two compelling personalities people would think it was bad fight.

Jones admitted his arm popped in the first round. He said he wasn’t going to tap out and knows he needs a lot of rest on the arm. Said the arm wasn’t powerful. He indicated that his arm was messed up.

Who cares? This isn't a real sport and Jone needs to get into rehab.

I can't how many people hate local sports success stories.

Speaks alot to the area as a whole.

I don't hate the local story. Just do not like the PERSON. Has nothing to do with his skills. Certainly has nothing to do with his being local. It's not like he's the first athlete I disliked. I fully admire his brothers.It's not like some here are the only people who dislike certain athletes. You think the entire mass of people booing him last night are from this area? You think all the people you ever hear boo at at televised sporting event are from this area?

Where is it written you HAVE to root or like the local one who makes a name for him/herself? If Ty Cobb was here (and he was disliked all over) would we be bad if we too disliked him? I wish Bones WAS a better person. I'd love it if I could root for all three of the Joneses. It's not my fault. He's the one who has issues and behavior that repel many in society.

I don't hate the local story. Just do not like the PERSON. Has nothing to do with his skills. Certainly has nothing to do with his being local. It's not like he's the first athlete I disliked. I fully admire his brothers.It's not like some here are the only people who dislike certain athletes. You think the entire mass of people booing him last night are from this area? You think all the people you ever hear boo at at televised sporting event are from this area?

Where is it written you HAVE to root or like the local one who makes a name for him/herself? If Ty Cobb was here (and he was disliked all over) would we be bad if we too disliked him? I wish Bones WAS a better person. I'd love it if I could root for all three of the Joneses. It's not my fault. He's the one who has issues and behavior that repel many in society.

Must of got your butt kicked and can't get over it :lol:

He has always had the rep for being a phony. I don't know the guy, but know people who do and I've heard both good and bad.

People you know have talked both good and bad BUT he always had the rep for being a phony? :blink: ????

Archived