SHAME ON YOU "Newsteam" 34!!!!

Guest guest

What is wrong with the so-called "news" people in this area?

"News"channel 34 revealed the indentity of a rape victim in the story about the woman who sold a 12 year-old for sex.

This is a disgrace! Has Jim Ehmke ever been subject to horrors the rape? Or the ultimate betrayal of trust from an adult who is supposed to protect you? How about the humiliation and grief of going to school after the "news" tells anyone watching that you were raped and sold for sex by your mother?

Everyone at that station should be ashmaed of themselves!! How do you sleep at night???

Jim Ehmke needs to go to journalism school or at LEAST read an introductory level book on ethics and reporting! You make me sick and I hope you get fired for this! You are not qualified to run a newsroom, maybe that's why your funding was cut so all you can do is put on a third-rate entertainment show from the mall--that was a joke, this story is an outrage!!

Ethics?

Are you serious?

Ethics is NEVER a concideration in the media. The only thing that guides the media is ratings because ratings equal dollars. Asking for ethics in media, you must be joking.

While I completely agree with you, I was still suprpirsed, sickened, and appalled that they would do this!

Even the Press and Sun wrote the story carefully so as not to reveal the child's identity.

They said twice in the story that it is the P&SB's policy NOT to reveal victims of rape.

Apparently, the folks at 34 are wiling to do anything to get ratings, no matter how unethical!

Ehmke should go back to shooting video for a living and leave news to people who have an education! (Clearly lacking in mainstream media in general).

I do not see where they revealed the name of the young rape Victim!!!!

For crying out loud! It is called deduction!

Anyone who goes to school with this girl can figure it out! Anyone who knows her or her mother can figure it out!

What they did was unethical! Most news outlets have a policy to protect the identity of rape victims! Channel 34's unqualified "news" staff obviously is so clueless they think relveaking the name and photo of the mom is okay. The Press and Sun NEVER said the victim was her DAUGHTER. NEVER. That is my point.

I'd be willing to bet that the daughter does NOT have the same last name as the mother AND I am willing to bet that the mother wasnt the type of mother that went to school functions and was part of the PTA and it sounds as if they moved around, they were in NJ and now here. However you do make a good point and maybe they shouldnt have said the woman was the girls mother although I think that is a key part of the story. How could a mother do that!?

I'd be willing to bet that the daughter does NOT have the same last name as the mother AND I am willing to bet that the mother wasnt the type of mother that went to school functions and was part of the PTA and it sounds as if they moved around, they were in NJ and now here. However you do make a good point and maybe they shouldnt have said the woman was the girls mother although I think that is a key part of the story. How could a mother do that!?

I couldnt find the edit button! But what I mean by saying that they moved around and maybe have different names was hopefully people wont put the two together and the daughter's identity is safe, lets hope!

this case just breaks my heart. what parent would do this to their own child? they need to lock this lady up for a long time...but they wont. Will she have to register as a sex offender after this? and i agree, this was in poor taste by 34 to divulge the name. but that is what the news media does now...anything to sensationalize the story.

this case just breaks my heart. what parent would do this to their own child? they need to lock this lady up for a long time...but they wont. Will she have to register as a sex offender after this? and i agree, this was in poor taste by 34 to divulge the name. but that is what the news media does now...anything to sensationalize the story.

I bet she gets more than 10 years. I hope more.

I bet she gets more than 10 years. I hope more.

I am not sure what is more disturbing, giving your daughter to your landlord to have sex with, or the landlord for agreeing to this. get the two of them and the other dirtbags that had sex with her, and tie cinderblocks around all their necks and dump them in the river. Let God take care of it from there.

I wonder what time they are coming to the federal building on Friday? I think people should picket and show their disgust for these inhumane people and support for victims of this awful crime.

I wonder what time they are coming to the federal building on Friday? I think people should picket and show their disgust for these inhumane people and support for victims of this awful crime.

you first

I am not sure what is more disturbing, giving your daughter to your landlord to have sex with, or the landlord for agreeing to this. get the two of them and the other dirtbags that had sex with her, and tie cinderblocks around all their necks and dump them in the river. Let God take care of it from there.

I am a liberal

I am with you 100%

make that 200%

hell - let me make that last shove off the dock into the water!

Guest Facts Are Better
Will she have to register as a sex offender after this? and i agree, this was in poor taste by 34 to divulge the name. but that is what the news media does now...anything to sensationalize the story.

Upon conviction, yes, she will have to register as a sex offender. It is not just men that do.

NewsChannel34 did not divulge the name... nowhere did they give the girls name... they said the woman's daughter. Sure, there is a possibility that a woman could be in custody of a niece or granddaughter. No matter what the relation, do you or I know who this girl is now from the story??? I sure don't.

Guest guest020

Another shattered life committed to the Broome County's Department of Social Services. Not even with all the counseling that they will give her - she will most likely never be able to move past what the one person that was always supposed to be there to protect her has done to her. This is just so sad. Both of these people should have their lives ruined just like hers!

Another shattered life committed to the Broome County's Department of Social Services. Not even with all the counseling that they will give her - she will most likely never be able to move past what the one person that was always supposed to be there to protect her has done to her. This is just so sad. Both of these people should have their lives ruined just like hers!

I think in this instance, if someone found a noose hanging from a tree in this scumbag lady's yard, nobody would mind too terribly much.

Archived