Even ONE reason to vote for Doug Drazen?

Guest Guest

Guest A Salimi

Binghamton Republicans, put out the propped up political corpse of a quitter at your peril. Put first string talent on the field, and you win.

First string talent? You mean former city clerk and city councilman Steve Jensen? You're right Dougie, we should actively recruit Steve to join the race.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest A Salimi

Douglas seems to be avoiding the question of his flip flop on the local republican party? Why for years did Douglas insult the republican party leadership, and suggest that local republicans are sheep for blindly voting for their partys candidates?

Now all of a sudden Douglas thinks he can gain their support to run for mayor?

What about his radio commercial in 2005 and 2009, when Douglas referred to past republicans as dim bulbs?

Why would Douglas sell out to the evil party that he stood so firmly against for so many years?

He needs to answer these questions.

Mr. Drazen, we want answers!

Guest Not Parmalee

Doug, you've spoken out publically multiple times about the DSS bulding located across from the high school. Have you ever publically challenged County Legislator Tony Fiala offer a resolution to the county legislature to move the DSS to a different facility (bought, rented or built)?

Frankly, as mayor, you would be unable to move the DSS offices. I really wish you would spend less time ranting and raving, and more time putting your energy to something productive. You could be such a powerful advocate on local issues like this, but you insist on turning yourself into a cartoon character.

Guest Guest

It is called the bully pulpit.

Leadership under Drazen will be exactly that.

Now please get out of the way.

For far too long, local political leaders have offered a litany of excuses.

They have fiddled for long enough.

When Drazen calls the tune, the band will follow.

The Special K's will have to find an adaptive re-use for their five and dime buildings.

Guest Guest

Douglas seems to be avoiding the question of his flip flop on the local republican party? Why for years did Douglas insult the republican party leadership, and suggest that local republicans are sheep for blindly voting for their partys candidates?

Now all of a sudden Douglas thinks he can gain their support to run for mayor?

What about his radio commercial in 2005 and 2009, when Douglas referred to past republicans as dim bulbs?

Why would Douglas sell out to the evil party that he stood so firmly against for so many years?

He needs to answer these questions.

Mr. Drazen, we want answers!

How much were answers wanted when Naima Kradjian was contributing to Maurice Hinchey and Donna Lupardo, while she was the Republican candidate for mayor in 2005?

How about Rich David getting $271,000.00 in Obama stimulus funds for a bar? Are answers really being sought, or an answer to a different standard?

Guest Guest

Doug, you've spoken out publically multiple times about the DSS bulding located across from the high school. Have you ever publically challenged County Legislator Tony Fiala offer a resolution to the county legislature to move the DSS to a different facility (bought, rented or built)?

Frankly, as mayor, you would be unable to move the DSS offices. I really wish you would spend less time ranting and raving, and more time putting your energy to something productive. You could be such a powerful advocate on local issues like this, but you insist on turning yourself into a cartoon character.

Unafraid to speak truth to power and challenge on the issue for a while.

http://drazenformayo...t-my-two-cents/

Couldn't have said it better myself...Thanks....

Look here's my take on Mr Drazen....I like a lot of what he says and stands for there's no question about that...However he doesn't have the right tools for the job...In that I mean you have to have a level headed personality and patience to listen to the other side, you have to present a well mannered demeanor while presenting your point to show class and sorry to say these are lacking to start with...

Guest Guest

Look here's my take on Mr Drazen....I like a lot of what he says and stands for there's no question about that...However he doesn't have the right tools for the job...In that I mean you have to have a level headed personality and patience to listen to the other side, you have to present a well mannered demeanor while presenting your point to show class and sorry to say these are lacking to start with...

Your take in another thread a few moments prior:

Ding...Ding....Ding...We have a winner !!!!!....Think about it....Is welfare ever going away ????....Then why continue to feather the nest of the people that own it....And if memeory serves me right I do believe Namia has her fingers in that pie...I could be wrong and correct me if I am....But it stands to reason the county own the building, this way they at least get something for thier money as opposed to filling an already filled pocket...

This area has had plenty of very genteel, nice talking politicians, with all the right tools, as you say, for a long time. The results are in.

Guest Guest

Hmmm...reasons for vote for Drazen...naw, sorry, I got nothing. Zip, zero, zilch.

The end of unlimited incumbency in Binghamton made possible by the victory in the term limits case, caused and continues to cause near fanatic resentment among what Congressman Edwin Arthur Hall ( R ) -Binghamton called, "the slinking cowardly types within the hidebound group".

Republicans that value talent, merit, ideas, and the willingness to stand up for them, take note:

1. Name recognition: Family connection to Binghamton for over 100 years, continuous family business presence in downtown Binghamton for nearly 100 years, worked in downtown Binghamton 25 years, lived there 10 years.

2. Campaign work ethic: A primary victory in each of the last two mayoral election cycles (Conservative primary win over N. Kradjian in 2005, Independence primary win over R. David in 2009). Those did not happen without hard work.

Getting 33.5% as an Independent/Conservative in a three way race in 2005, and 20.5% as an Independent in a three way race with an incumbent in 2009, both more than respectable showings, did not happen without hard work.

3. Took no Obama stimulus money: How many Republicans, let alone Republican candidates, do you know that took any?

http://drazenformayor.com/

Guest Guest

Most people won't give their petition signatures to someone that genuinely did not "present a well mannered demeanor while presenting your point to show class", and 800 people from multiple parties definitely wouldn't.

http://drazenformayo...ws/2009/08/267/

Guest Guest

The last two Republican mayoral candidates had insufficient campaign work ethic. All lame excuses and pathologically dishonest accounts aside, that is why they lost, and no other reason. Binghamton Republicans who want to win in 2013 need a candidate with proven campaign work ethic in a city wide race.

http://drazenformayo...ws/2009/08/267/

Guest Guest

The same was said about Gov Christie.

Guest Westsider

DWD, here's what I don't understand. Many of the recent posts here on BCVoice make claims that the Republicans should be good team mates nd get behind your mayoral candidacy. But when have you been a good teammate to the local Republicans? (I'm not talking about Libous of those guys.)

When have YOU defended or supported any of the 3 three Republican city council members, Papastrat, Matzo and Mihalko, in writing or in public?

When have YOU defended or supported any of the recent Republican candidates for county legislature, Heebner, Ospelt, and Salimi in writing or in public?

Have YOU carried petitions for your fellow Republicans? Have you supported their campaigns with money, time or energy?

To be frank, all I see is you attacking and bashing the local Republican party and their volunteers. "They're sheep... they're not giving you a fair shake... they're not being supportive teammates... they're foolishly committed to Rich David."

But when have YOU done any outreach to them to win them over? Have YOU ever shown yourself to be a supportive teammate? YOU'd win a lot more support with some honey over the past year or two than showing up now with a bottle full of vinegar to throw around.

Maybe you have been performing these positive outreach efforts, but I wish you would focus on them and talk about them.

Guest Guest

DWD, here's what I don't understand. Many of the recent posts here on BCVoice make claims that the Republicans should be good team mates nd get behind your mayoral candidacy. But when have you been a good teammate to the local Republicans? (I'm not talking about Libous of those guys.)

When have YOU defended or supported any of the 3 three Republican city council members, Papastrat, Matzo and Mihalko, in writing or in public?

When have YOU defended or supported any of the recent Republican candidates for county legislature, Heebner, Ospelt, and Salimi in writing or in public?

Have YOU carried petitions for your fellow Republicans? Have you supported their campaigns with money, time or energy?

To be frank, all I see is you attacking and bashing the local Republican party and their volunteers. "They're sheep... they're not giving you a fair shake... they're not being supportive teammates... they're foolishly committed to Rich David."

But when have YOU done any outreach to them to win them over? Have YOU ever shown yourself to be a supportive teammate? YOU'd win a lot more support with some honey over the past year or two than showing up now with a bottle full of vinegar to throw around.

Maybe you have been performing these positive outreach efforts, but I wish you would focus on them and talk about them.

Outreach is ongoing, defense and support rendered, petitions carried and signed. All pertinent questions will be answered.

Guest Guest

EXACTLY!

Very well said!

Guest Guest

EXACTLY!

Very well said!

Guest Guest

Outreach is ongoing, defense and support rendered, petitions carried and signed. All pertinent questions will be answered.

Archived