2008-2009 Section 4 Basketball

Guest Guest

Guest guest

they sure didnt have the best guards in that game granted the final score was 74-20 something

Was Costello, Murray. or Jones there?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest11
they sure didnt have the best guards in that game granted the final score was 74-20 something

Costello and Murray were there. Scary part is that Vestal didn't have their best guards there.

Guest guest

Seton will win it all. No doubt. Back at the top.

Big Doubt-not his year-SORRY!! There is some good competition out there....

Guest guest11
whos vestal's best guard who wasnt there?

@

Well, first of all, Baltz wasn't there. There's the team MVP and a 16ppg scorer missing. Secondly, their JV point guard from last year wasn't there. Smith will be legit and probably could've played varsity for most teams last year. So potentially 2/3's of their starting backcourt was missing.

Guest guest

Well, first of all, Baltz wasn't there. There's the team MVP and a 16ppg scorer missing. Secondly, their JV point guard from last year wasn't there. Smith will be legit and probably could've played varsity for most teams last year. So potentially 2/3's of their starting backcourt was missing.

There is always a team with some one missing its summer league for God's sake!! Thats why you can't put much stock in it!!

Guest Guest

Seton will dominate they return four of the five starters...that is the most in STAC and they have three Varsity players from last year to step in. They will dominate behind Furner and Meier. Their only competition is Vestel.

Guest Guest

There is always a team with some one missing its summer league for God's sake!! Thats why you can't put much stock in it!!

Smith could not have played varsity last year....way too small...he would have gotten stuffed everytime he tried to shoot.....he must be only around 5 feet tall or somewhere around that....he is way too little.....everyone will be looking to stuff him this year.....

Guest guest11
Smith could not have played varsity last year....way too small...he would have gotten stuffed everytime he tried to shoot.....he must be only around 5 feet tall or somewhere around that....he is way too little.....everyone will be looking to stuff him this year.....

Smith is about 5-10 or so. He's about the same size as Horsehead's point guard was last year, and taller than U-E's was. He about the same height as Cartwright from Binghamton (although not as strong). So he's definitely "tall enough" to have competed on Varsity last year, and is definitely this year.

Guest Guest
Smith is about 5-10 or so. He's about the same size as Horsehead's point guard was last year, and taller than U-E's was. He about the same height as Cartwright from Binghamton (although not as strong). So he's definitely "tall enough" to have competed on Varsity last year, and is definitely this year.
he is shrimp and weighs about 70.....he has nothing....sorry dad

Guest guest11
he is shrimp and weighs about 70.....he has nothing....sorry dad

First off, I'm not his dad. I'm a parent whose team he helped destroy last season on two different occasions. I know there's no way of changing your opinion, obviously, but the facts are the facts. There's no way he's 5-0, 70lbs. More like 5-9/5-10 160lbs. At least that's what he was during the winter season, could be bigger now. My personal opinion is that he'll be a very good varsity player. Yours is different and that's fine, but I have a feeling I'll be proven correct in the next two winter seasons.

Guest Guest

Does anyone happen to know if any kids other than Keough and Mullins are playing basketball for any colleges and if so where? just wondering how many kids from the area are playing college ball...(don't care what level)

Guest intheknow
Does anyone happen to know if any kids other than Keough and Mullins are playing basketball for any colleges and if so where? just wondering how many kids from the area are playing college ball...(don't care what level)

Doherty and Cartright are going to Broome (BHS) and Chris Mack is going to Mohawk Valley to play Basketball and Lacrosse (CV). Not sure about Barresi from Lansing I herad he might be going to Fisher. Anybody else??

Guest Guest

Doherty and Cartright are going to Broome (BHS) and Chris Mack is going to Mohawk Valley to play Basketball and Lacrosse (CV). Not sure about Barresi from Lansing I herad he might be going to Fisher. Anybody else??

How about that kid from Afton, who was really good-can't think of his name and not sure if he is a senior-but he did make all metro. You mean BCC for Cartwright and Doherty? Good for them all of they should see some playing time at those schools!

Guest Guest

How about that kid from Afton, who was really good-can't think of his name and not sure if he is a senior-but he did make all metro. You mean BCC for Cartwright and Doherty? Good for them all of they should see some playing time at those schools!

Dunno were u get u information from Cartright is going to TC3 and Doherty is going to some school in Penslynvania where da old BCC coach is at nether of them goin to BCC

Guest Guest

The kid from Afton is Bryant Winans, he is going to Cazenovia. Harder from Oneonta is going to RIT and Manning from ESS is going to Cortland.

Guest The Real Sports Mind
Well that is really good fore this area-I must say I am impressed!!

@

Wait where did the old Broome coach get a job at? Is Brendan Doherty from BHS really going with him? What about Cartright BCC? Somebody who know answers please chime in.

Archived