2008-2009 Section 4 Basketball

Guest Guest

what about vestal?

@

Has anyone realized that Andy Fox, Tommy Hull, and Brian Wagstaff are all on the same team this year? those three are unstoppable together, that's like the Boston Celtics' Big 3 all over again, but white. This is ridiculous, final four last year without the keough-tutored wagstaff?

come on, give them their deserved respect.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to agree ... Losing Mullins / Mack / Bobal will hurt for sure - but this team will certainly contend with Seton in the East and challenge for the Class B title.

Next year they will be the team to beat in the entire area.

Im not even going to lie, Seton has an absolutely AMAZING freshmen basketball class coming in. They are the best class I have ever seen at Seton and I have seen the Cline/Gosney/Torto class. They are going to dominate for years.

JC will be more competative this year but they are still pretty young...

These are high school kids, they're all young. Quit making excuses for JC's mediocrity.

in the year 09-10 cv will be the best in the area

I dont know about that...I do know that Seton this year will be unstoppable...and then two years from now will be good too. 09-10 Seton may take a slight step back but they may make a slight step back but will still win the division. The 3 starting guards (Johnson, Farrell and Kane) and their center (6-8 Garbade) were all on the Varsity team this last year and all looked good. Note they are all 9th and 10th graders on varsity. They will all use their experience and dominate. However 10-11 Seton will be amazing. Garbade center Tommy Torto, John Armstrong, John Cline and Cole Smothers and several other very soled players will set the stage for a good run. Tommy Torto and John Armstrong dominated JV last year as 8th graders! The class of 2012 is GOOD...you heard it here first.

Im not even going to lie, Seton has an absolutely AMAZING freshmen basketball class coming in. They are the best class I have ever seen at Seton and I have seen the Cline/Gosney/Torto class. They are going to dominate for years.

There have been much better basketball days at seton than the Cline/Gosney/Torto days. They lost every big game their senior year, learn some scc basketball history.

However, they did win STAC chamionship their junior year. There senior year they lost to Vestal by 1 or 2 in the final seconds and won the section 4 class B title, the first year seton was in that class...so actually they didnt lose all their big games...just in the class b quarterfinals, which is a pretty good season.

However, they did win STAC chamionship their junior year. There senior year they lost to Vestal by 1 or 2 in the final seconds and won the section 4 class B title, the first year seton was in that class...so actually they didnt lose all their big games...just in the class b quarterfinals, which is a pretty good season.

I still hate Baltz. Good group, lost to Vestal twice lost at Norwich and got beat by a flat out better team in the state playoffs. Good class, not great. 2005 class was better esp if you include Brad.

Guest Guest-guest111-*
I still hate Baltz. Good group, lost to Vestal twice lost at Norwich and got beat by a flat out better team in the state playoffs. Good class, not great. 2005 class was better esp if you include Brad.

The Seton-Vestal games that year were classic. Both could've gone either way and both came down to Baltz. He wasn't the best athlete but wow could he play ball. I happened to watch his 40-point game at U-E that year, too. He pretty much carried his team back after getting down 20 in the first half. Amazing player and a super nice kid, too. He was never comfortable with all the attentin the Den Men gave him.

Are you joking? Did you even go to Seton? The 2005 class had no one...the class of 2006 was a great deal better. They only had Sam Thomas.

@

HA you know both of thier older brothers? so that must make you a seton alum as well? can the board have a name of graduating year?

Joe Powell from ME is haands down the best point gaurd in stac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you joking? Did you even go to Seton? The 2005 class had no one...the class of 2006 was a great deal better. They only had Sam Thomas.

@

yeah, class of 06 was gosney cline and torto, not 05. 05 was basically sam thomas, zach jones, and matt skinner.

Archived