2008-2009 Section 4 Basketball

Guest Guest

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keough got a full ride to St. Anselm a pretty good D2 school, where he should play alot

Keough did NOT get a full ride-yes he got something but NOT a full ride! Lot of kids are playng college ball mostly at the D3 and junior college level which is great! impressed to see so many get a place to play!

I thought Jack got a full ride. Was I wrong? I guess the next question to be asked is where are the seniors looking to play? Has anyone in the area been offered any rides yet or is the talent not there? I am interested in where the players are going. Anyone know anything?

I thought Jack got a full ride. Was I wrong? I guess the next question to be asked is where are the seniors looking to play? Has anyone in the area been offered any rides yet or is the talent not there? I am interested in where the players are going. Anyone know anything?

Yes , like I said he did get a nice package but not a full ride. People need to understand that it is rare anyone gets a FULL ride. Especially in football, basketball, and baseball. There is definitely money given out but a full ride no. (except D 3)I know a few boys from Oneonta went to RIT, Mulliins to BU, CV boy went to Morrisville, I just can' remember the other ones its been a while! As for this year seniors I have not heard anything yet kind of early, although the Gates kid from Candor might have something.

Christian Owens

Who's that?

Really,

What about their best forward?

Patterson is a better scorer and rebounder than cam.

It's not all about height

Wow...they have CAM and Baltz....that is about it...nothing much else to talk about there....

What about their best forward?

Patterson is better than cam.

Replied to the wrong one....sorry

Keough got a full ride to St. Anselm a pretty good D2 school, where he should play alot

Keough did NOT get a full ride-yes he got something but NOT a full ride! Lot of kids are playng college ball mostly at the D3 and junior college level which is great! impressed to see so many get a place to play!

yes he did but it might get taken away from him for off the court events.

did anyone read the paper and see the 74-26 game between vestal and windsor?

windsor got abusedddddd!!

that was summer league,i bet anything vestal practiced as a team,not only did they have more players than windsor they played as a team instaed of individuals thats why they got abused,but still its summer league,come the regular season when they actually practice, we will see what happens,but i can guess windsor will win the next match up.

@

Keough did get a full ride, i was there when he signed his letter of intent, and that's exactly what was said.

i seen joe bliel play he's AMAZINGGG!!!... he will school anyone this year in lead chenango velley in points this year!!!...Joe Bliel will shout down Mat Murray in the Windsor and Chenango Valley show down...#42 is the best player on the court for cv no doubt....keep on reppin #42

Binghamton's Cartright went to TC3, Hobson- Cayuga and Doherty signed letter of intent to play at Mercyhurst junior College with Jim Evans from BCC.

Binghamton's Cartright went to TC3, Hobson- Cayuga and Doherty signed letter of intent to play at Mercyhurst junior College with Jim Evans from BCC.

Well Keough's father must be a liar because he said that he did NOT get a full ride-full rides are next to impossible-you people need to do your research on scholarships!

@

Full rides in basketball are not impossible to get. Please get your facts correct before posting something on here you know nothing about.

Besides the fact I know you are an idiot I also know a lot about scholarships for sports. And full rides are not impossible but VERY rare. Check with the AD's at local schools and see how many got a full ride-its not many and its very rare in basketball unless you are a rarity of some sort . Why does it even matter if someone gets a free ride or partial scholarship does it some how make them less of an athlete? You need to get your facts straight my friend!

Well calling me an idiot does not mean you are correct. If you were correct, no one in the area would ever be getting full rides for basketball. That is simply not the case and all the name calling in the world does not make you right. I suggest you check with AD's and you would be suprised how kids are offered fulls rides for basketball. By the way, Jack got a full ride.

Well calling me an idiot does not mean you are correct. If you were correct, no one in the area would ever be getting full rides for basketball. That is simply not the case and all the name calling in the world does not make you right. I suggest you check with AD's and you would be suprised how kids are offered fulls rides for basketball. By the way, Jack got a full ride.

Oh my God you have to be kidding me do you know what you are saying? I have talked to the AD at my school and to many COLLEGE coach's and full rides are not given often at all!! You are so wrong its not even funny . And for Keough that's funny because at the stars and Stripes he told me it was NOT full ride! And yes you are right hardly anyone in this area does get a full ride to any sport -notice I did not say no one i said hardly anyone!! Don't give kids false hope!

There is money out there the problem is this area does not produce many division 1 or 2 players where there is money-full or partial. D3 cannot give money and that's where most of our kids end up. (which there is nothing wrong with d3!)

So, you talked to one AD and to "many" college coaches? Which college coaches? Some DIII ones that can't give rides? If you are correct, then not one player from the Southern Tier will be offered a full ride. Want to put some money on that one? I will!

@

Archived