Joe Torre Sucks

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Joe Torre showed why he is the most overated manager ever. Torre could not win anything for years until he came to the powerdul Yankees. He left NY and he never won again. Torre looked like a fossil as his USA team exited from the WBC.

Joe Torre showed why he is the most overated manager ever. Torre could not win anything for years until he came to the powerdul Yankees. He left NY and he never won again. Torre looked like a fossil as his USA team exited from the WBC.

Agreed! Tommy Lasorda was the man for the job.

Guest Guest

You suck!! Like you wouldve one won game TARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL KOK KOK

The dude is 85. I doubt he was physically up for the job. A decade+ ago perhaps.

Yeah, but he's a young 85, Wolf! ;)

Okay, just a poor attempt at humor on my part, but I think I'm going to need it this year with the Yankees. He did come out of retirement and manage Team USA in the 2000 Olympics and beat Cuba for the Gold Medal, but I'm sure his managing and SlimFast days are long gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Yeah, but he's a young 85, Wolf! ;)

Okay, just a poor attempt at humor on my part, but I think I'm going to need it this year with the Yankees. He did come out of retirement and manage Team USA in the 2000 Olympics and beat Cuba for the Gold Medal, but I'm sure his managing and SlimFast days are long gone.

I thought it was funny. His age is correctly relative to that of his so-called star players. 85 is just the right age for coaching washed up 40-year-olds over the next few seasons.

ARod probably wants to retire, but they won't stop giving him record contracts for mediocre play.

Guest Guest

And yes, Torre is one of the most overrated managers of all-time, that can't be argued. He coached some of the best rosters, from top-to-bottom, of all time. Buck built him a dynasty while the Stein was in prison. Not the best, but one of the great dynasties ever. Only a few dynasties can claim the level of talent of those teams. Hall of Famers starting on the mound for 90% of the playoff games, must be tough to manage that. Great bullpen, best closer in history, and a seriously deep lineup where the 7th and 8th hitters were tough outs and won games with clutch hitting.

Torre has never built a winner in his career.

Guest Bob Watson

And yes, Torre is one of the most overrated managers of all-time, that can't be argued. He coached some of the best rosters, from top-to-bottom, of all time. Buck built him a dynasty while the Stein was in prison. Not the best, but one of the great dynasties ever. Only a few dynasties can claim the level of talent of those teams. Hall of Famers starting on the mound for 90% of the playoff games, must be tough to manage that. Great bullpen, best closer in history, and a seriously deep lineup where the 7th and 8th hitters were tough outs and won games with clutch hitting.

Managers don't build teams it's the Gm's job moron!!

Joe Torre's gonna be dead, and you're gonna say, "Oh, I've been watching him manage baseball teams for years, and I think he's fabulous."

Guest Guest

Managers don't build teams it's the Gm's job moron!!

There are managers like Torre, who can only win with the highest payroll. And there are managers like Leyland and Showalter, who win wherever they go, and build winners. What Buck has done in Baltimore is a Hall of Fame performance. Just like he built the Yankee dynasty. The facts don't lie.

Guest Guest

what has showalter won or leyland?

Showalter is the best team builder in the business, that's not even a debate. He built the Yankee dynasty, then built the Diamondbacks, now he's done the UNTHINKABLE in Baltimore, winning 93 games with one of the worst franchises in baseball in the toughest division. He is to MLB what Larry Brown was to the NBA. All they know how to do is take over last place teams and build them into winners in a matter of two seasons at the most. Showalter's track records speaks for itself.

Leyland has been coaching winning teams for 3 decades. This is a conversation about baseball, obviously you're thinking about some other sport.

Guest Guest

Showalter is the best team builder in the business, that's not even a debate. He built the Yankee dynasty, then built the Diamondbacks, now he's done the UNTHINKABLE in Baltimore, winning 93 games with one of the worst franchises in baseball in the toughest division. He is to MLB what Larry Brown was to the NBA. All they know how to do is take over last place teams and build them into winners in a matter of two seasons at the most. Showalter's track records speaks for itself.

Leyland has been coaching winning teams for 3 decades. This is a conversation about baseball, obviously you're thinking about some other sport.

Has showalter won any world series douchbag?

Guest Guest

Has showalter won any world series douchbag?

Spoken like a true Yankee fan.

No Yankee fan, he's hasn't spent his whole career with the highest payroll in the sport. Cheer for a team that doesn't have the most dominate payroll year in and year out, and then see if you think winning the Series is all that matters.

Guest Joe Lefebvre

Actually- Real Yankee/Baseball Fans DO realize the genius that is Buck Showalter and DO give him credit for righting the ship in NY. Torre merely pulled it into the harbor and docked for 4 years out of 5.

Showalter and Leyland are old school baseball men and two of the best in baseball today and deserve to be mentioned with the all-time greats.

Please don't stereotype all Yankee Fans (assuming that Jack-Hole is one) based on the comments of one idiot.

Actually- Real Yankee/Baseball Fans DO realize the genius that is Buck Showalter and DO give him credit for righting the ship in NY. Torre merely pulled it into the harbor and docked for 4 years out of 5.

Showalter and Leyland are old school baseball men and two of the best in baseball today and deserve to be mentioned with the all-time greats.

Please don't stereotype all Yankee Fans (assuming that Jack-Hole is one) based on the comments of one idiot.

LOL LOL LOL!!!Try teling dat to bob watson and stick!! Sho didnt do notin

Archived