Real Sports Mind...I need your help

Guest Seeking sports knowledge

I check BC Voice to get real sports information, and I thoroughly enjoy your astute commentary. However, you seem to limit your commentary to Chenango Valley athletics. I'm curious as to what you think about other high school teams in the area, as well as college and pro teams. This would be of great help because I am seeking sports knowledge and only you can help.

Guest Guest
Surely you can't be serious.

Personally, I'm looking forward to what the Real Sports Mind has to say about this week's Section 4 playoffs.

Guest The real sports mind
Personally, I'm looking forward to what the Real Sports Mind has to say about this week's Section 4 playoffs.

First let me start off by saying I am happy to please all real sports fans out there with my "dead on" sports analysis. With that being said, here are a few thoughts of mine going into this week's sectional games.

First,

CV = CHOKE JOB

The fact that they went a outstanding 18-1 against some real tough opponents (27' Yankees, the big red machine of 75' and 76', 70' Orioles, and of course the fighting armadillos of texas state) makes them the clear favorite in B (the B stands for Bismer (look it up kids). Do not count out the warriors, but if the past tells us anything, it will tell us that CV is destined to enjoy another, cough, cough, cough, choke job.

Class AA

3-Binghamton (13-9) at 2-Horseheads (20-4), 4:30 p.m.

Binghamton could have been labeled the underachievers of the year award with their performance this year. They have a good pitching staff, and a bunch of hitters that might want to hit the books instead of wasting time on the ball field.

Binghamton Hitters = VERY overrated (especially sherba)

5-Ithaca (8-12) vs. 1-Vestal (17-5), at Binghamton Univ., 4:30 p.m.

If vestal pitches Lambe, then Ithaca might have a shot. After being one of the best pitchers in 07', Lambe has looked horrible this year. I'll take Vestal.

Lambe = overrated

Lacrosse = Not a real sport

The real sports mind = great game analysis

Bruno the truth = Brings the truth

A window = a window

Fact = fact

I will continue to bring real sports talk and analysis to all the fans of the real sports mind.

95 percent of the people I pollled this weekend agree that the real sports mind knows real sports

The numbers don't lie people, stay tuned for more analysis. :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Guest

Don't quit your day job, because by evidenced in your post below your comedy career hasn't got a chance.

First let me start off by saying I am happy to please all real sports fans out there with my "dead on" sports analysis. With that being said, here are a few thoughts of mine going into this week's sectional games.

First,

CV = CHOKE JOB

The fact that they went a outstanding 18-1 against some real tough opponents (27' Yankees, the big red machine of 75' and 76', 70' Orioles, and of course the fighting armadillos of texas state) makes them the clear favorite in B (the B stands for Bismer (look it up kids). Do not count out the warriors, but if the past tells us anything, it will tell us that CV is destined to enjoy another, cough, cough, cough, choke job.

Class AA

Binghamton could have been labeled the underachievers of the year award with their performance this year. They have a good pitching staff, and a bunch of hitters that might want to hit the books instead of wasting time on the ball field.

If vestal pitches Lambe, then Ithaca might have a shot. After being one of the best pitchers in 07', Lambe has looked horrible this year. I'll take Vestal.

Lambe = overrated

A window = a window

Fact = fact

I will continue to bring real sports talk and analysis to all the fans of the real sports mind.

95 percent of the people I pollled this weekend agree that the real sports mind knows real sports

Guest guest11
I did not know Jingles can type!

Best BCVOICE post ever! Absolutely hilarioius! I really wish it were Jingles, that'd be classic.

Guest Mr. EE

First,

CV = CHOKE JOB

Class AA

Lambe = overrated

A window = a window

Fact = fact

I agree 100% with your analysis. Most people who watch real sports would.

Guest Jingle in my pants

:lol:

I agree 100% with your analysis. Most people who watch real sports would.

I also agree with the real sports mind.

Whatever.

The first line quoted pretty much completely and totally turns the second line into hogwash.

i agree on this one.

The real sports mind is off base here

if he is looking for sports in this area that are not real sports, he should be pointing his analysis on HS football, basketball and baseball

This is proof that the Real Sports Mind is NOT the evaluator he thinks he is.

1. CV = CHOKE JOB Do not count out the warriors

So what we are really saying is they might win or they might not or it might rain or it might not. In either case I'm right so I can then say I was 100% correct.

2. If vestal pitches Lambe, then Ithaca might have a shot

So what we are really saying is they might win or they might not or it might rain or it might not. In either case I'm right so I can then say I was 100% correct.

3. Lacrosse = Not a real sport

WOW - apparently RSM does not watch much lacrosse.

4. Fact = fact

Unless the fact is really not the fact as in: So what we are really saying is they might win or they might not or it might rain or it might not. In either case I'm right so I can then say I was 100% correct.

The Shadow knows....

Grandpa Jones - not really as derogatory as you would think.

pwned

A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned."

Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned."

It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.

Guest Grandpa Jones

Thanks Sonny ...

Sounds to me like that Real Sports Mind needed a good old fashioned ass-whoopin or two when was growin up.

Might a learned that boy how to show a little respect.

Real Sports Mind has left me disappointed. I came here looking for knowledge, and I got the tired "CV chokes" comment and some wishy-washy stuff about Binghamton and Vestal baseball. And to say lacrosse is not a sport? Clueless.

I still have faith in you, Real Sports Mind, I'm going to chalk this up as just having a bad day. Any predictions on Section 4 baseball and softball champions?

Guest Gorgon
Real Sports Mind has left me disappointed. I came here looking for knowledge, and I got the tired "CV chokes" comment and some wishy-washy stuff about Binghamton and Vestal baseball. And to say lacrosse is not a sport? Clueless.

I still have faith in you, Real Sports Mind, I'm going to chalk this up as just having a bad day. Any predictions on Section 4 baseball and softball champions?

I think the real sports mind is on to something with this post. He foreshadows another huge choke job from the CV baseball team which is not a popular prediction but could end up being a astute analysis. Great insight RSM, keep bringing the sports knowledge.

Guest Guest
I think the real sports mind is on to something with this post. He foreshadows another huge choke job from the CV baseball team which is not a popular prediction but could end up being a astute analysis. Great insight RSM, keep bringing the sports knowledge.

I'm curious what the Real Sports Mind will have to say if CV beats Lansing. Instead, I'm sure he'll wait until the state playoffs for a loss by CV to say how much they "choke".

Guest Guest

Sorry Bruno aka RSM, you can't have it both ways.

All year it's been a choke. Not they are in the finals and you are changing your tune. Frankly, you should be giving CV credit for making it to the finals. Not too many are.

Guest Guest

A bad day? He's posted that same stuff a good 12 times or more.

Guest Guest
Sorry Bruno aka RSM, you can't have it both ways.

All year it's been a choke. Not they are in the finals and you are changing your tune. Frankly, you should be giving CV credit for making it to the finals. Not too many are.

i disagree

with the talent they had, in an extremely weak class, they couldn't help but make the finals.

if they don't win, esp after last year- it's a choke

i don't think the STAc was a choke though.

Guest Guest

This is just the kind of comment that I was talking about. Nobody gives CV credit because they all assume two things:

1. they have a lot of talent

2. they play a weak division.

Response:

1. Yes - they have a lot of talent, but so does 7 or 8 other teams in STAC. The teams below have just as much talent. In high school, no team goes out and recruits from a 200 mile radius to put together a team. You play what you've got.

2. Division doesn't really mean anything. CV played Vestal twice, Binghamton, Oneonta twice, Windsor twice, Horseheads and has a record of 7 - 1 against those teams. Every division has 2 good teams and then it normally drops off. And the assumption is they couldn't help but make the finals. Total BS. You still have to play and win to get there.

Now they reach the finals and play a team that is 24-3. I guess everyone is assuming they stink too and this should be a walkover. Couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, Lansing could be considered the favorite since they beat CV last year and bring back the core of their team. If I'm not mistaken, Lansing returns 7 starters from last year.

Educate me how this would be a choke.

Archived