Somewhere else

Sleepless in Hillcrest

This isn't supposed to be a thread. I just posted it because someone on the Valentines day????? thread told me to take it someplace else...so I did. Intriguing thought though. Where would you want to be if you could be someplace else? Time period doesn't matter.

This isn't supposed to be a thread. I just posted it because someone on the Valentines day????? thread told me to take it someplace else...so I did. Intriguing thought though. Where would you want to be if you could be someplace else? Time period doesn't matter.

I'd like to be back in my own life 5 years ago when it was all just a big party,my job was easy and there was no stress

I'd like to be back in my own life 5 years ago when it was all just a big party,my job was easy and there was no stress

I'd like to go back to '75, when I had a lotta hair to blow dry, women found me attractive, and I strutted my stuff. I wouldn't be so shy this time around!

Interesting question! hard one though. I love my life right now, my kids are awesome and doing well, have a few grandkids, 4 great dogs. I don't think I would change anything right now. I would go back in time and bring my mom, sister and MIL back if I could, but I would not want to give up anything I have now to do that.

I was the one who said 61 sleepless.

61 is the answer because that is the answer that was handed down to me by a very wise old man (older than dust).

Dust is much older than dirt.

Does anyone know how old dust is?

Anyhow, back to dirt. At 61 you change over to dirt. Going into 61, not dirt. By the time you are going to your 62nd birthday party, dirt.

Doesnt mean you are done, dirt stays around for a long time. Dont forget, you still have to reach dust.

In the meantime, flaunt your age and wisdom to the miserable ingrates you call younger generation and enjoy life.

Party, get loud, go on cruises, take weekend trips to wine country, golf, hunt, fish, dance naked in front of a mirror and imagine what you would have said at 16 if you saw what you are looking at now. Go across the country or just sit at home and enjoy the family you created. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

1969 --WOODSTOCK ! ! ! Had so much fun and the other to. Never in my life have I ever been so dirty from mud and dirt as I was back then.

3 Great Days of music, sex, drugs, rain and MUD ( Wet Dirt ).

Still enjoy the music and sex, left the drugs back in 71 when I went into service ( yes actually enlisted ). As for the Mud ( Wet Drit ), well we live in Boom County and it's either wet most of the time, or dried up dust the rest. Take your pick.

;)

Interesting question! hard one though. I love my life right now, my kids are awesome and doing well, have a few grandkids, 4 great dogs. I don't think I would change anything right now. I would go back in time and bring my mom, sister and MIL back if I could, but I would not want to give up anything I have now to do that.

Who in their right mind would bring their mother in law back? Just kidding!!! No, the concept is, the future doesn't change, but you can revisit some point, with or without altering the future...as you so choose. Would you alter a high point or a low point? Would you have said yes or no?

I'd like to go back to the moment my son was born. He's now 25. Someone said here earlier that kids grow up too fast. Yeah they sure do.

Boy, they do. My oldest is 25, he's a school teacher now...I used to call him "bugs" when he was little. I remember the day he was born, and the nurse brought him to the glass for me to see, and I asked the doctor, "What the hell is wrong with his head?". The doc told me they just hadn't cleaned him off yet...I was so relieved.

Who in their right mind would bring their mother in law back? Just kidding!!! No, the concept is, the future doesn't change, but you can revisit some point, with or without altering the future...as you so choose. Would you alter a high point or a low point? Would you have said yes or no?

I'd still say yes:)

If I could return to a point in my life without altering the future...mmmmmm.... Still a tough one for me. If I went back in time, I would once again live through losing my loved ones and once was hard enough. I would have to go through the exact same life until now in order to not change the present. I would be terrified if I went back in time, that one of the decisions I made then and that make me who I am today, would be different giving me a different future. Chances are it might be a better present than I have now, but it could just as well be worse.

Nope, I still have to say I would not go back and change anything. You see, you can't change only part of the past because if you change one thing then everything that follows will have a different outcome based on the change.

I hope I am making sense, lol.

Boy, they do. My oldest is 25, he's a school teacher now...I used to call him "bugs" when he was little. I remember the day he was born, and the nurse brought him to the glass for me to see, and I asked the doctor, "What the hell is wrong with his head?". The doc told me they just hadn't cleaned him off yet...I was so relieved.

My oldest teaches to! He is 26 though...teaches at BU, doing graduate work for his chemistry PHD. Do they ever leave school? lol, seems like he has been there forever!

I'd still say yes:)

If I could return to a point in my life without altering the future...mmmmmm.... Still a tough one for me. If I went back in time, I would once again live through losing my loved ones and once was hard enough. I would have to go through the exact same life until now in order to not change the present. I would be terrified if I went back in time, that one of the decisions I made then and that make me who I am today, would be different giving me a different future. Chances are it might be a better present than I have now, but it could just as well be worse.

Nope, I still have to say I would not go back and change anything. You see, you can't change only part of the past because if you change one thing then everything that follows will have a different outcome based on the change.

I hope I am making sense, lol.

No...The whole point of the post is you don't have to alter what you have if you so choose. It's like a "get out of jail card free". I realize the "every action has a subsequent reaction" thing, but we're throwing that out the window on this post. What would you do different, if you still landed in the same spot today? For instance, I remember being in my bed, snuggled up with the McMahon sisters and their cousin Lori, under the covers listening to Grand Funk Railroad. We didn't do anything, and I like that memory as it is. There are some others, I wouldn't mind a second chance at.

No...The whole point of the post is you don't have to alter what you have if you so choose. It's like a "get out of jail card free". I realize the "every action has a subsequent reaction" thing, but we're throwing that out the window on this post. What would you do different, if you still landed in the same spot today? For instance, I remember being in my bed, snuggled up with the McMahon sisters and their cousin Lori, under the covers listening to Grand Funk Railroad. We didn't do anything, and I like that memory as it is. There are some others, I wouldn't mind a second chance at.

If nothing changed and I could relive one monent in time, it would be when I was 4 and my daddy was still alive. All I can remember is him making eggs one morning for breakfast when my Aunt was in town, she had been telling me how great chocolate covered grasshoppers were. I wnet into the back yard and got me some grasshoppers and added them to daddies eggs....lol. None of the adults were happy, but I still remember that to this day. He passed shortly after that day.

I guess I would also go back to the days when my kids were smaller and just enjoy them some more as young children. Time really does go so fast!

If nothing changed and I could relive one monent in time, it would be when I was 4 and my daddy was still alive. All I can remember is him making eggs one morning for breakfast when my Aunt was in town, she had been telling me how great chocolate covered grasshoppers were. I wnet into the back yard and got me some grasshoppers and added them to daddies eggs....lol. None of the adults were happy, but I still remember that to this day. He passed shortly after that day.

I guess I would also go back to the days when my kids were smaller and just enjoy them some more as young children. Time really does go so fast!

Tazz, I see you're on here...I'll tell you this one quick, cause Holly will delete it! My eldest was in the bathtub, age 5 or 6, and started screaming. I ran in and he said, "Dad, there's a DELETED!" It was his "pre pube" introduction to the world. I still laugh to this day!

Archived