CV Windsor

Guest guest7BB7A9

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its ashame that a bad umpire call had to end a great season. keep your heads up warriors

That may have been the best HS game I've ever seen. The level of play by both teams was amazing! Windsor certainly deserved to win but CV certainly didn't deserve to lose by possibly the worst call I've ever seen. It would have been nice to have seen this game played out. Good luck to Windsor..I'm sure you will make Section 4 proud. Great season CV and you played a great game!

Guest cv track

CV Windsor?

I think the CV boys ran through Wnidsor in the 4 x 400m at vestal to advance to the stae track meet in buffalo. great race nugent-laymon-cola-maddox finished off a good windsor team.

Nobody cares about softball - they all go on to win the 'national championship' anyway in travel league after draining 5 g's from their parents bank account.

@

Guest guest

hmm so this is a softball post and no one cares about track. If you've never been to a travel softball tournament keep your mouth shut about it because thats where girls get scholarships to schools while the track kids end up just running around their own neighborhoods after high school.

@

Guest Guest
its ashame that a bad umpire call had to end a great season. keep your heads up warriors
I agree it was a bad call but it was for the tie not the win. Cv had it's chance to win it in 7 and didn't get it done. Congrats to Windsor! As far as the General's comments about having the better team...you couldn't have two more evenly matched team's but you can't be the better team without the better defense and that certainly belongs to CV. What a game!

Guest guest
That may have been the best HS game I've ever seen. The level of play by both teams was amazing! Windsor certainly deserved to win but CV certainly didn't deserve to lose by possibly the worst call I've ever seen. It would have been nice to have seen this game played out. Good luck to Windsor..I'm sure you will make Section 4 proud. Great season CV and you played a great game!
Very good game. It would be tough to see a more exciting 2-1 game! Congratulations to Windsor - tough break for Chenango Valley!

Guest Guest

I've seen the replay a few times and, you have to admit, that was just a bad call. Either she beat the throw and is safe or if she didn't get to the plate it was obstruction.

Either way, you can't let an umpire decide a game. Congratulations to both teams. Tough way for CV to go out - good luck to Windsor going forward.

I've seen the replay a few times and, you have to admit, that was just a bad call. Either she beat the throw and is safe or if she didn't get to the plate it was obstruction.

Either way, you can't let an umpire decide a game. Congratulations to both teams. Tough way for CV to go out - good luck to Windsor going forward.

where can you see the play? Do you have a link?

Guest Guest
hmm so this is a softball post and no one cares about track. If you've never been to a travel softball tournament keep your mouth shut about it because thats where girls get scholarships to schools while the track kids end up just running around their own neighborhoods after high school.

@

Although the person shouldn't have made that comment you should know that track scholarships are more than baseball and softball, and maybe even more than the two combined. Don't believe me? Look it up.

Guest guest

actually all of them sound retarded on the clip. the argument was that the catcher was blocking the plate and she re confirmed it. good call bill kettle!

Guest Guest
http://www.wbng.com/sports/19637079.html?video=pop&t=a

listen to the interviews at the end. HAHA. first off that catcher sounds like a retard, and second then her dad, the head coach, comes up ''it really pays to have an experienced player..blah blah'' braggin about his kid. haha they're going to get rocked by westhill anyway.

As a neutral observer, that replay really doesn't show anything in regards to the controversy. She did not beat the throw, they were pretty much even and she was tagged. Now, assuming the accusations of obstruction are true, the replay doesn't show that either, you can't see the plate. So the replay is worthless since you cannot call what you cannot see.

From all I've heard verbally and read, sounds like obstruction should have been called and the game tied at that point.

Guest Tommy Pools

I have tried to stay away from the spring sports season and especially the CV vs. Windsor Softball rivalry, especially since the Forks wasn't in the running, but I just can't let this go.

CV once again runs their mouths about being the best all year long and then here they are losing the big game and blaming it on the officials. Sounds like football season all over again.

Warriors, when are you going to get it??

Shut Up, pass a budget, win before you write your tickets.

Just for the record, you ain't beating Forks in football next year either.

Why, because you're CV.

Guest Guest

Watch it again and then listen to the interview after the game. In my opinion, the runner slid into the catcher, the ball is caught and then the tag applied. If the slide is into the catcher and then the ball is caught, the plate cannot be blocked. After the game, the catcher said twice she "had the plate blocked pretty good".

Clearly a tough call but I think he blew it. Either way, both teams did a great job.

@

Guest Guest
CV once again runs their mouths about being the best all year long Warriors, when are you going to get it??

Shut Up, pass a budget, win before you write your tickets.

Just for the record, you ain't beating Forks in football next year either.

Why, because you're CV.

Tommy - you must be living in a different world than the rest of us. It seems to me that Windsor won the first game, played better and was ranked higher than CV. CV came back and won the 2nd and 3rd, then lost the 4th.

Where are you getting the "being best all year?? I want specific posts.

As for the budget, the girls softball team isn't old enough to vote unlike the Forks.

Guest Guest
Watch it again and then listen to the interview after the game. In my opinion, the runner slid into the catcher, the ball is caught and then the tag applied. If the slide is into the catcher and then the ball is caught, the plate cannot be blocked. After the game, the catcher said twice she "had the plate blocked pretty good".

Clearly a tough call but I think he blew it. Either way, both teams did a great job.

None the less, again, the replay does not show you a thing in actuality.

I am not arguing that the plate was not blocked, it quite likely was, I'd bet a weeks pay it was, all I am saying is the replay does not show you that, you cannot see the plate.

Also, the catcher saying that is NOT an admission of guilt. Catchers say that all the time on legal plays. She may have at that time truly believed it was a legal play and the plate blocked.

Guest guest

If that call was made in the 1st inning it would of been looked past, but to have it end the game and end CV's season in that way is disappointing. The ump at that point determined the game and ended a season.

Guest Tommy Pools
Where are you getting the "being best all year?? I want specific posts.

Since the beginning of August, the CV contingent has been on here talking up every team in Kermit's stable. The football team was supposed to Kill the Forks, the basketball team was going to win it all, Baseball won't lose, the Softball team a shoe in to beat Windsor again.

The list goes on and on. Like I said in September, and now again..........Win first and then talk. You continue to prove your ignorant woodchuckery.

Next year, CV 17 CF 24 Round 1 @ CV. Wear it, again.

Guest Guest
As a neutral observer, that replay really doesn't show anything in regards to the controversy. She did not beat the throw, they were pretty much even and she was tagged. Now, assuming the accusations of obstruction are true, the replay doesn't show that either, you can't see the plate. So the replay is worthless since you cannot call what you cannot see.

From all I've heard verbally and read, sounds like obstruction should have been called and the game tied at that point.

I don't much care about the outcome of the game but in regards to the observation above I clearly see the runner going into her slide before the catcher catches the ball so I would have to say the runner definitely beat the throw. This also clearly means obstruction because the catcher was in her path to the plate without the ball. Beyond that I really don't care.

Guest Guest
I don't much care about the outcome of the game but in regards to the observation above I clearly see the runner going into her slide before the catcher catches the ball so I would have to say the runner definitely beat the throw. This also clearly means obstruction because the catcher was in her path to the plate without the ball. Beyond that I really don't care.

Again, you can't SEE THE PLATE in that replay.

Again, going into a slide is NOT beating the throw/catch.

All the opinions above are based upon what has been read and said here, in the papers and in interviews.. Viewing the play on it's own does not show you at all if she was physically and by the rules or or safe.

Guest guest

Again - If you can't see the plate the YOU can't say she "She did not beat the throw, they were pretty much even and she was tagged" Because - "you cannot call what you cannot see"

Guest CVPARENT
If that call was made in the 1st inning it would of been looked past, but to have it end the game and end CV's season in that way is disappointing. The ump at that point determined the game and ended a season.

Windsor should be good, I hear they're practicing seven days a week now. I thought that was against NYPHSAA rules. Must be they are adopting New England Patriots methods.

Archived