CV Windsor

Guest guest7BB7A9

Guest Guest
What days did they practice last week???
Actually it goes all the way back to before the STAC championship but it's been taken care of so enough is enough. No harm, no foul, no obstruction, no safe call, no worries - good luck Windsor

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Nice try - First of all the day of the week has nothing to due with anything. Secondly, how many games played in a day doesn't enter the equation. Lastly, HS tournaments are played throughout the year so extra games aren't just a post season accurrance.

Bad wording on my part. I didn't mean multiple games in a single day, I meant MORE multiple games in a week come sectional and state playofs. The rule is suspended for those playoffs.

As for day of the week, I mentioned Sunday as that is normally THE off day in the regular season and is often enough a game day in the section/state playoff schedule, so teams lose that "normal' day off and have to be able to practice for their next game, which could be the next day or the day after. So because of that and it being harder to meet the seven-days-in-a-row rule for sectional/state playoffs, the rule IS suspended during THAT post season. League playoffs it's still enforced.

It's not a "nice try", it's a fact.

Bad wording on my part. I didn't mean multiple games in a single day, I meant MORE multiple games in a week come sectional and state playofs. The rule is suspended for those playoffs.

As for day of the week, I mentioned Sunday as that is normally THE off day in the regular season and is often enough a game day in the section/state playoff schedule, so teams lose that "normal' day off and have to be able to practice for their next game, which could be the next day or the day after. So because of that and it being harder to meet the seven-days-in-a-row rule for sectional/state playoffs, the rule IS suspended during THAT post season. League playoffs it's still enforced.

It's not a "nice try", it's a fact.

Actually, the rule is never suspended.

The real fact is,

A. It probably never happened seeing how I heard it came through a couple of cackling travel softball players making it up to heat up the already warm rivalry.

B. It is a rule that would never be enforced unless turned in by the school committing the violation. Since this never happened and 13 year olds can't keep travel and school ball separate, I don't see this line of whinery going anywhere.

Crying about stupid things like this brings to question the overall credibility of a coach and their program. After a lot of crying and false accusations, eventually you just get ignored. It is now time to for me to ignore you.

Nobody answered my question so I will pose again: "Isn't having college pitchers come in to throw to a HS school team illegal as stated by the NYSPHAA Rules??" I know CV has done this in the past few weeks so I was just hoping their STAC Title would stay legit.

Guest Guest

The real fact is,

A. It probably never happened seeing how I heard it came through a couple of cackling travel softball players making it up to heat up the already warm rivalry.

B. It is a rule that would never be enforced unless turned in by the school committing the violation. Since this never happened and 13 year olds can't keep travel and school ball separate, I don't see this line of whinery going anywhere.

Crying about stupid things like this brings to question the overall credibility of a coach and their program. After a lot of crying and false accusations, eventually you just get ignored. It is now time to for me to ignore you.

Nobody answered my question so I will pose again: "Isn't having college pitchers come in to throw to a HS school team illegal as stated by the NYSPHAA Rules??" I know CV has done this in the past few weeks so I was just hoping their STAC Title would stay legit.

haha are you serious buddy? you really think they had college pitchers come play for them? and no one noticed but you. wow. you're some sort of super detective. tell me man, what were their names do you know? or where's your source of information, because who ever it is played you like a fool.

Guest Guest

The real fact is,

Are you really that thick? Actually, it IS suspended in the sectional and state playoffs for all sports. I know this from when it comes up almost every year during the football season.

Guest Guest

The real fact is,

Actually it would be illegal as stated in the rules if the pitcher was there representing the college. If however a college player was home on break and her season was over then that would just be you stirring the pot (are you 13 by chance)

Then again most people who have a clue know that CV wouldn't have to do that considering who their jv coach is.

"haha are you serious buddy? you really think they had college pitchers come play for them? and no one noticed but you. wow. you're some sort of super detective. tell me man, what were their names do you know? or where's your source of information, because who ever it is played you like a fool."

He's talking about college players particapating in practice.

Guest Guest

This thread was started to talk about a great game played by two great teams. The negativity by nameless people who wouldn't say boo to the people they bash face to face shouldn't overshadow what these two teams have accomplished. 50 wins between them, a STAC championship, a sec 4 championship, 3 awesome games against each other and hopefully a state championship. I'm sure both teams would agree their accomplishments wouldn't be quite as fullfilling without the competition from the other. ZGreat job ladies and good luck Windsor. A fan of the game.

Guest Guest
This thread was started to talk about a great game played by two great teams. The negativity by nameless people who wouldn't say boo to the people they bash face to face shouldn't overshadow what these two teams have accomplished. 50 wins between them, a STAC championship, a sec 4 championship, 3 awesome games against each other and hopefully a state championship. I'm sure both teams would agree their accomplishments wouldn't be quite as fullfilling without the competition from the other. ZGreat job ladies and good luck Windsor. A fan of the game.
Great post - nicely said! Great job by both teams! Good luck Windsor! A CV fan.

Guest Guest
Great post - nicely said! Great job by both teams! Good luck Windsor! A CV fan.

That's a great point. This season would have been petty bland without one of these two teams. I know there was the usual rival games but I didn't see any with this level of play by both teams. They kind of made each others season. Windsor would be undefeated right now and CV would be STAC and Sectional Champions but both would have missed out on a great rivalry and great competition. Kinda corny but it makes sense

haha are you serious buddy? you really think they had college pitchers come play for them? and no one noticed but you. wow. you're some sort of super detective. tell me man, what were their names do you know? or where's your source of information, because who ever it is played you like a fool.

You might be the dumbest person ever to type.

Good point.

Too bad a couple of sour losers have to try and piss in the pool for everyone else's swim.

Guest Guest
Good point.

Too bad a couple of sour losers have to try and piss in the pool for everyone else's swim.

The only ones that lost were the girls that played and I'm sure they weren't posting here. So it's really just people who don't even play. And your post wasn't exactly helpful to the cause.

The only ones that lost were the girls that played and I'm sure they weren't posting here. So it's really just people who don't even play. And your post wasn't exactly helpful to the cause.

What cause??? The cause of the Thread to make excuses as to why CV lost other than they just got beat on that day by a similar team.

Guest Guest
What cause??? The cause of the Thread to make excuses as to why CV lost other than they just got beat on that day by a similar team.

You agreed with my post then threw in the "soar" loser comment... that wasn't needed. The thread started with mostly positive comments about a great game and disagreements about the call that ended the game. You don't need to be a supporter of either team to agree or disagree. I enjoyed the game, didn't agree with the call and look forward to seeing Windsor win a state title. I posted that very early on and don't think that implies any kind of excuse for CV losing. This thread then branches off into viewing replays, rules interpretations and rules violations, topics that will always bring differing opinions by those not supporting either school but those interested in those topics. Some people take these opportunities to stir the pot.

Guest Guest
You agreed with my post then threw in the "soar" loser comment... that wasn't needed. The thread started with mostly positive comments about a great game and disagreements about the call that ended the game. You don't need to be a supporter of either team to agree or disagree. I enjoyed the game, didn't agree with the call and look forward to seeing Windsor win a state title. I posted that very early on and don't think that implies any kind of excuse for CV losing. This thread then branches off into viewing replays, rules interpretations and rules violations, topics that will always bring differing opinions by those not supporting either school but those interested in those topics. Some people take these opportunities to stir the pot.

As I go back and read all your (buckedtooth) posts on this thread you have nothing positive to say and seem (to me) to be stirring the pot by CV bashing. That's my opinion and I know it has nothing to do with the CV / Windsor game but it's just a bit rediculous. As I don't know who you are this isn't a personal attack just my observation. My guess is you will use any response to this post as another opportunity to stir the pot. I hope I'm wrong. Once again great game!

Guest Guest

he's just like the other ones- Real Sports Mind, Bruno the Truth (who might actually be real sports mind as well), and a couple other pot stirrers. it never ends.

Guest Guest
he's just like the other ones- Real Sports Mind, Bruno the Truth (who might actually be real sports mind as well), and a couple other pot stirrers. it never ends.

True - I know most of the posts are written by the same few people. It's just frustrating that you can never shed a positive light on anything without bashing breaking out. Most of it by adults (parents)

True - I know most of the posts are written by the same few people. It's just frustrating that you can never shed a positive light on anything without bashing breaking out. Most of it by adults (parents)

Well, I don't have a horse in the race either. I am certainly not bashing any of the kids involved in the game. Both teams have great kids on them.

So get on me all you want for bashing the CV fans for complaining about the umpire, but after all it is the CV fan base that talks more crap than anyone on the good ole' BC Voice. I am sure most of the CV contingent are good people but there are quite a few boneheads that never stop talking up their teams. Then when they lose they cut down the other team and blame the umpires.

Sorry but after seeing it all fall, then through the winter, and now the spring it is getting old. How about "It was a close game and the calls didn't go our way, but, congrats to Windsor and good luck, they played well" as opposed to the "Good luck to Windsor but................illegal practices...........bad call...............retarded kids.................coach has no class"

Sorry if my posts feel misguided but they are pointed at the excuse making bashers, not those posting for the kids well beings.

Guest Guest
As I go back and read all your (buckedtooth) posts on this thread you have nothing positive to say and seem (to me) to be stirring the pot by CV bashing. That's my opinion and I know it has nothing to do with the CV / Windsor game but it's just a bit rediculous. As I don't know who you are this isn't a personal attack just my observation. My guess is you will use any response to this post as another opportunity to stir the pot. I hope I'm wrong. Once again great game!

You are right. And it is not just this thread. He thinks it knows it all, even what people are thinking.

Guest Guest

Try this outlook:

When was the last time a local school has put out such a well rounded group of atheletes:

Football- Sec 4 runner up

Basketball- State final 4- lost to state champ

Cheerleading- won in fall and winter (sport or no sport don't care)

Baseball- Sec 4 champ

Softball- STAC champ, section 4 runner up

Lacross- Class C runner up

Certainly not this year. Great group of student atheletes, it has nothing to do with practice rules, bad calls, or any of the other crap I have read on the previous posts. Just kids playing a game while they are in high school. Don't mean to sound like I am tooting their horn, but any school district would be proud of their accomplishments this past year. It's not about state titles, it about competing. They more than did that

Having said that, what CF has been able to do in previous years (winning numerous state titles) and what Windsor did in 2001 (baseball-softball state title) is truly a major accomplishment. They went out of Sec 4 and beat all the best teams in the state. Any school from this area that goes on to compete for a state title is good for the entire area. Good Luck Windsor.

Guest Guest
Well, I don't have a horse in the race either. I am certainly not bashing any of the kids involved in the game. Both teams have great kids on them.

So get on me all you want for bashing the CV fans for complaining about the umpire, but after all it is the CV fan base that talks more crap than anyone on the good ole' BC Voice. I am sure most of the CV contingent are good people but there are quite a few boneheads that never stop talking up their teams. Then when they lose they cut down the other team and blame the umpires.

Sorry but after seeing it all fall, then through the winter, and now the spring it is getting old. How about "It was a close game and the calls didn't go our way, but, congrats to Windsor and good luck, they played well" as opposed to the "Good luck to Windsor but................illegal practices...........bad call...............retarded kids.................coach has no class"

Sorry if my posts feel misguided but they are pointed at the excuse making bashers, not those posting for the kids well beings.

Well you proved me wrong with a pretty fair post. Just keep in mind the few idiots that make foolish excuses really aren't worth anyones time, and will fade away quickly if ignored.

Try this outlook:

When was the last time a local school has put out such a well rounded group of atheletes:

Football- Sec 4 runner up

Basketball- State final 4- lost to state champ

Cheerleading- won in fall and winter (sport or no sport don't care)

Baseball- Sec 4 champ

Softball- STAC champ, section 4 runner up

Lacross- Class C runner up

Certainly not this year. Great group of student atheletes, it has nothing to do with practice rules, bad calls, or any of the other crap I have read on the previous posts. Just kids playing a game while they are in high school. Don't mean to sound like I am tooting their horn, but any school district would be proud of their accomplishments this past year. It's not about state titles, it about competing. They more than did that

Having said that, what CF has been able to do in previous years (winning numerous state titles) and what Windsor did in 2001 (baseball-softball state title) is truly a major accomplishment. They went out of Sec 4 and beat all the best teams in the state. Any school from this area that goes on to compete for a state title is good for the entire area. Good Luck Windsor.

Their track program is a powerhouse as well. CV has had an excellent year all around. The athletes and coaches have little to be ashamed of. It says a lot for the group of young athletes over there, hopefully they continue to represent their troubled school district in a positive way. The community loves these kids and needs them to do well to distract the follies of the school board and administration.

@

Archived