CV Windsor

Guest guest7BB7A9

Guest Guest

You Morons,

Obviously, you do not read the posts or "quotes" in the paper with an open mind. CV softball has NEVER run their mouths about being the best. If you could actually read and comprehend an article, you would realize that Windsors coach, Bill Waldron, has ran his "MOUTH" with the quotes that he has always believed they had the "best team".

So Windsor, with all the quotes about hair and nail appointments, and not knowing you would be playing that week for stac, been scheduled for months girls, you can have that win, because it wasn't done with honor or skill, but a bad call. There was definitely one more inning to be played.

You can also ask any of the 100 people behind the backstop what that call should have been, coaches and spectators were all in shock.

CV got nuts and bolts on that call, hope you are tasting the rust Windsor.........

NOT a CV supporter, just an honest spectator

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Since the beginning of August, the CV contingent has been on here talking up every team in Kermit's stable. The football team was supposed to Kill the Forks, the basketball team was going to win it all, Baseball won't lose, the Softball team a shoe in to beat Windsor again.

The list goes on and on. Like I said in September, and now again..........Win first and then talk. You continue to prove your ignorant woodchuckery.

Next year, CV 17 CF 24 Round 1 @ CV. Wear it, again.

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy

I clearly asked for specifics and I get the usual "that's what they always do" speech. While I will agree the kids at the school have a bit of obnoxious school spirit, you cannot show me where the softball team has made any negative comments. Then you finish it with exactly what you say the CV folks should stop doing.

Priceless.

As you say: Wear it, again.

@

Guest Sec4fan
You Morons,

Obviously, you do not read the posts or "quotes" in the paper with an open mind. CV softball has NEVER run their mouths about being the best. If you could actually read and comprehend an article, you would realize that Windsors coach, Bill Waldron, has ran his "MOUTH" with the quotes that he has always believed they had the "best team".

So Windsor, with all the quotes about hair and nail appointments, and not knowing you would be playing that week for stac, been scheduled for months girls, you can have that win, because it wasn't done with honor or skill, but a bad call. There was definitely one more inning to be played.

You can also ask any of the 100 people behind the backstop what that call should have been, coaches and spectators were all in shock.

CV got nuts and bolts on that call, hope you are tasting the rust Windsor.........

Well I was watching from behind the backstop and as a nuetral fan I have already stated that I felt it was the wrong call and didn't even feel it was close. I know that the video from down the third base line makes the play looks closer but you have no depth perception from that angle. I agree that everyone by me was shocked at the call and the Windsor fans I talked with felt they caught a break. What I don't agree with is that the game "wasn't won with skill". It's not Windsor fault, they played a great game and deserved to win, as did CV. I'm sure this will be argued for some time but in the end you have two great teams playing a great game with only one winner.

Guest Guest-keys-*
You Morons,

Sure sounds like a CV supporter to me.As for the play at the plate i know what the rule states but I think it should be changed.The catcher should have the right to be there if the play is developing. like if if the ball is in flight through the infield or if the ball has left the relays hand.Again it would be a judgment call. But the rule needs to be made more easier to understand.Not just you cant block the plate without the ball cause the play could happen bang bang and the catcher has to be there to make the play . Its a tough call either way.I feel for the girls both teams should be there for sect 4 but only one can be.Now the cv coach reaction was on the line of a sixth grader but thats a whole new topic

Windsor should be good, I hear they're practicing seven days a week now. I thought that was against NYPHSAA rules. Must be they are adopting New England Patriots methods.

NYPHSAA rules state that College athletes should not be pitching or practicing with HS athletes. I have no idea why CV couldn't score on a HS pitcher.

Nice try crier.

Guest Tommy Pools
You Morons,

CV runs their mouths all year skippy. They lost again when it counted. Try a little class on and admit you got beat. Waldron ran his mouth??? "Best team" Let me help you out, when you win you have the best team thus, backing it up.

Next year tell your coach and parents to stop whining about what other teams are doing and work a little harder. Enjoy the next week off.

"honor and skill" You are a complete jackass, I guess the two runs they had to take the lead were cheated up on the board too. Lose with a little grace Mr. Honest Observer.

Guest Guest
Windsor should be good, I hear they're practicing seven days a week now. I thought that was against NYPHSAA rules. Must be they are adopting New England Patriots methods.

Sorry but you are wrong on sunday or saturdays they take 1 day of and on that day Bill works his 12 and under team.

Guest CVPARENT
Sorry but you are wrong on sunday or saturdays they take 1 day of and on that day Bill works his 12 and under team.

Sorry yourself but they had a mandatory practice at 1PM yesterday.

Guest guest
Sure sounds like a CV supporter to me.As for the play at the plate i know what the rule states but I think it should be changed.The catcher should have the right to be there if the play is developing. like if if the ball is in flight through the infield or if the ball has left the relays hand.Again it would be a judgment call. But the rule needs to be made more easier to understand.Not just you cant block the plate without the ball cause the play could happen bang bang and the catcher has to be there to make the play . Its a tough call either way.I feel for the girls both teams should be there for sect 4 but only one can be.Now the cv coach reaction was on the line of a sixth grader but thats a whole new topic

I'm not sure what your point is or if you watched the game but both teams scored.

Guest Guest

You can disagree with the rule all you want, but the fact is that it is a rule - - the loosest intrepretation of this rule that before the catcher can establish a position to block the plate or change the path of the runner is that the ball must be inside of the runner. Reference picture #13 that has the cathcher just catching the ball high as the runner is into the slide and even at that point the runners legs are inside the ball and the catcher is blocking the plate by dropping her knee and shin guards.

An excellent play by the Windsor catcher as this was the only chance she had of keeping the runner from beating the tag and a good play by the CV runner is going straight into the contact. If she tries to go around she is out. You put your faith in the umpire to make the right call - and he was obviosly not up on the current rule or refused to interpret it because he doesn't agree with the change from the way it has always been.

The game should have continued on that play, but CV let it slip away and/or Windsor kep it going in the bottom of the 7th. A couple key hits. CV also had two chances to make plays at the plate.

As for the reaction of the coach, what would you have done in that situation - maybe it wasn't totally appropriate, but what would have been. Shake the unpires hand and say nice call? The arguement was on the field and then it was over!

Guest guest

Thank god the players from both teams represented themselves on the field much better than their fans and parents are on this forum. Nice game girls!

Guest Tommy Pools
As for the reaction of the coach, what would you have done in that situation - maybe it wasn't totally appropriate, but what would have been. Shake the unpires hand and say nice call? The arguement was on the field and then it was over!

Coleman is a referee himself and should know better. I would hope he would expect better behavior than that out of coaches when he is making the bad calls, and from what I hear he makes em' just like everyone else.

Guest Guest

Thats fine and good but you know that yesterday starts a new week!

Guest Guest-keys-*
Coleman is a referee himself and should know better. I would hope he would expect better behavior than that out of coaches when he is making the bad calls, and from what I hear he makes em' just like everyone else.

Well put coaches are suppose to set the stage for players in different situations and show them how to handle them. No shaking the ups hand is not what i expected but some class would have been nice.Yes being on that end of a call is not a good feeling but still no excuse for his behavior.Eell like i said tuff call either way .Still think the ruling needs to be more clear.

Guest CVPARENT
Thats fine and good but you know that yesterday starts a new week!

Sorry again but the rule says seven days in a row. Ask your AD if you think you are correct. However, if you ask your AD and they are in violation, it could cost them their NEXT game (they would still be Section IV champs. My guess is that the AD will not want to know about this, it will place them in an ethical dilemma.

Guest guest
Well put coaches are suppose to set the stage for players in different situations and show them how to handle them. No shaking the ups hand is not what i expected but some class would have been nice.Yes being on that end of a call is not a good feeling but still no excuse for his behavior.Eell like i said tuff call either way .Still think the ruling needs to be more clear.
Didn't Waldron do the same thing at a game against Seton, a game that they had well in hand and didn't Waldron refuse to shake Coleman's hand...talk about classless. You should leave well enough alone.

Guest guest

You people better leave well enough alone. This is just a spat between Waldron and Coleman. If it was more than that Windsor would have been turned in for going seven in a row (actually more than that) in the semis against SV. Let it go!

Sorry again but the rule says seven days in a row. Ask your AD if you think you are correct. However, if you ask your AD and they are in violation, it could cost them their NEXT game (they would still be Section IV champs. My guess is that the AD will not want to know about this, it will place them in an ethical dilemma.

honestly, this is the most pathetic post ever. are you serious?

So they practice Sunday. all that means is they have to take a day off before next Sunday to be in compliance with the rule

CV parents are representing themselves poorly here

Guest Tommy Pools

Waldron didn't come on here and complain when CV beat them did he??

Get over it, you guys are CV for god's sake you are supposed to lose.

Guest Guest
watchin the video...the runner clearly had access to the back side of the plate...

You can't SEE THE PLATE IN THAT VIDEO!!!!! Open your freaking eyes.

Guest Guest-Bruno the Truth-*
honestly, this is the most pathetic post ever. are you serious?

So they practice Sunday. all that means is they have to take a day off before next Sunday to be in compliance with the rule

CV parents are representing themselves poorly here

Actually my "Top 10" post was the most pathetic but between taking orders at the drive up and salting the fries I have very little time to put any thought into my lame posts!

Guest Guest

What EXACTLY does the rule state? Does it say "practice" or participation (or something of the sort). What I mean is, if you have 2 games and five practices in a seven day period, is that against the rule. The post said "practicing seven days in a row" and that is not true if you have a game in there.

Actually my "Top 10" post was the most pathetic but between taking orders at the drive up and salting the fries I have very little time to put any thought into my lame posts!

actually, 100% of the people that responded vote that post as the funniest thing they have read all week.

and it's all true

BTW......are you so powerful that you have a problem with people who earn a living at fast food restaurants. sorry everyone can't be on easy street like you. nothing like ridiculing a whole group of people who put in long hours in the restaurant industry so their kids can eat. I'm glad you are so insensitive that you can use them as the butt of your joke.

Guest guest
What EXACTLY does the rule state? Does it say "practice" or participation (or something of the sort). What I mean is, if you have 2 games and five practices in a seven day period, is that against the rule. The post said "practicing seven days in a row" and that is not true if you have a game in there.
No student or team may be permitted to participate in school organized practice or play on seven consecutive days

Archived