Sleepless in Hillcrest

Spuds

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Sleepys house when He was down and out to bring Him Food and food for His Dogs and a Cat that He had,,,,We talked so He knew I was coming but when I got there He didn't come to the door so I put the stuff on His porch and was going to My Car,,,,when I saw a Man walking out from the Back of the House,,, Sleepless. He looked embarassed and walked very slowly to Me,,,,I got out of My Car and went to meet Him and I gave him the Biggest Hug that I could,,,,,I was amazed as He was Someone I had seen before but couldn't figure out where I'd seen this Man. Turned out His Son and Mine were good Friends and played a few sports Together at CVHS. I rememberd than that He was a Well Respected Coach there as well. We talked for over an hour and He seemed to relax and opened up to Me about what He had been going thru,,,I felt like We'd been Friends forever and when I was leaving Him He had a Smile on His face and ever since We kept in touch,,,,,until I never heard from Him anymore but I Never dreamed that He passed away. I am so happy that I got to know Him and spend time with this lost Soul,,,,,He wasn't always this way,,,,,,RIP My Friend

Archived