$40,000,000 upgrade to Floyd Maines Arena

thomas

It's great they demolished that ugly parking ramp. There are 2 other ramps downtown plus there's an empty lot next to NYSEG Stadium. What's your solution to your parking? The only thing that comes to mind is maybe tearing down some of that public housing for a parking lot. Don't know if that's a good idea or not though. I don't think parking should be paid for by Arena upgrade funds. Isn't that a city issue? The $40,000,000 should be for the Arena itself only, imo. I'm looking forward to the project rendering from the architect.

Yes there are other ramps downtown, none of which are close to the arena. Which like I said, make it difficult in the heavy rain / snow ... especially when bringing children

Unless you have multiple shuttles from the NYSEG stadium to the arena that lot isn't even an option. 

My suggestion would have been to build their own parking years ago across the street before it became SUNY & Housing buildings, but that option is long gone

They could look at putting a ramp between Susquehanna St & North Shore drive, and as part of the arena remodel build a sky bridge from that ramp to the arena (like the Syracuse Dome has) 

There is space there. And you make some good points. Only thing is a ramp there would be an eyesore and block the nice southerly view of the Arena. It might be cheapest to tunnel under that circle from Susquehanna St. near where it meets State St. That would give access to a parking lot inside the circle. If you need more parking, tunnel under State St. to the circle on the other side.