Why are mediterranean people better looking?

Guest hotstuff

Guest hotstuff

Being half Italian and half greek I find that we are the best looking people on earth. Is it just becasue I am Mediterranean and think that everyone that looks like me olive skin attractive faces and such are better looking? I just find that Caucasions of norhtern European decent aren't quite as good looking? More homely looking to be a mater of fact. Eastern Europe defintely better though than northern-

Also- Italians and Greeks founded civilization in the western world. Are we jsut supremem or what? I also think that Middle Eastern- more like Lebanese, Turks are also good looking- countries that border the Mediterranean in general.

THoughts?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Being half Italian and half greek I find that we are the best looking people on earth. Is it just becasue I am Mediterranean and think that everyone that looks like me olive skin attractive faces and such are better looking? I just find that Caucasions of norhtern European decent aren't quite as good looking? More homely looking to be a mater of fact. Eastern Europe defintely better though than northern-

Also- Italians and Greeks founded civilization in the western world. Are we jsut supremem or what? I also think that Middle Eastern- more like Lebanese, Turks are also good looking- countries that border the Mediterranean in general.

THoughts?

My thought is that someone who writes like you do has no business thinking you're "supremem".

My other thought is that I hope I never meet you because with your overinflated ego, you'd bore me to tears in less than a minute.

Guest italian
you may be better looking, in your own mirror, but mediterranean people and Italians have very low IQ's and can't carry on a decent conversation. OH, DUH.

Italians have low IQ's? You mean the people that invented modern architecture? Roadway system? There are endless things that Italians have done for this world that would make the Italian people in general the most creative western people. Music and art? there is no comparison in the world.

Guest slowpoke
you may be better looking, in your own mirror, but mediterranean people and Italians have very low IQ's and can't carry on a decent conversation. OH, DUH.

yeah.....what she said (that lucky old man of hers)

Italians have low IQ's? You mean the people that invented modern architecture? Roadway system? There are endless things that Italians have done for this world that would make the Italian people in general the most creative western people. Music and art? there is no comparison in the world.

Don't forget the Pasghetti and a meatball!

THoughts?

How do you separate the men from the boys in Greece?

With a crowbar!!!

Guest Guest

When did all that happen? A few centuries ago?

Italians brought the world Mussolini.

And have they been able to keep one government sitting for more than a few months yet? In the 90's they were electing new governments every other week. How incredibly brilliant is THAT?

Guest Caucasian

THoughts?

Go start another mafia or something DELETED :angry:

Guest ManlyMan

I have to disagree about Italian's and Greeks being the best looking. Especially when it comes to the women. I have seen a lot of very hairy Italian women. Dark hair with light eyes is beautiful though.

Guest Guest
I have to disagree about Italian's and Greeks being the best looking. Especially when it comes to the women. I have seen a lot of very hairy Italian women. Dark hair with light eyes is beautiful though.

and the hair on their back and in their armpits....oh vey....don't get me started.

Guest What am I talking about
and the hair on their back and in their armpits....oh vey....don't get me started.

You are forgetting the rhyme. The hair down there :blink::blink::blink:

THoughts?

Water seeks it's own level.

A lot of Moroccan men and some Arabs are really hot looking. Example - Sayid (Naveen Andrews) who plays on the TV show LOST. That dark skin, their accents and the brown eyes are really hot.

Here are a few things these people with low IQ's have been active in:

ITALIAN AMERICANS IN GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC SERVICE

Italian Americans have been part of the American political scene for more than 200 years.

* The words in the Declaration of Independence, “All men are created equal” were suggested to Thomas Jefferson by Filippo Mazzei, a Tuscan physician, business man, pamphleteer and Jefferson’s friend and neighbor. Mazzei’s original words were “All men are by nature equally free and independent.”

* Two of the original signers of the Declaration of Independence were of Italian origin: William Paca and Caesar Rodney. Paca was one of the first senators in the Maryland state legislature, governor of Maryland (1782 to 1785) and a major general during the Revolutionary War. Rodney of Delaware, descended from the Adelmare family in Treviso, is most remembered for his courageous ride to Philadelphia in July 1776. Though sick with cancer, he rode through thunder and rain to arrive just in time to vote for independence.

* Onorio Razzolini was the first Italian American ever to hold public office. He was the U.S. Armourer and Keeper of Stores in Maryland between 1732 and 1747, a duty which essentially put him in charge of defense for the Colony of Maryland.

* In 1837, John Phinizy, the son of an Italian immigrant named Ferdinando Finizzi, became the first Italian American mayor of an American city: Augusta, Georgia. In 1880, Anthony Ghio was elected mayor of Texarkana, Texas, where he later opened the town’s first opera house.

* Among the first Italian American governors were William Paca, who served Maryland from 1782 to 1785; Caesar Rodney of Delaware in 1776; and Andrew Houston Longino who was elected governor of Mississippi in 1900. The first Republican governor of Italian descent was Christopher Del Sesto, who was elected governor of Rhode Island in 1958.

* Francis B. Spinola was the first Italian American to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives (1887-1891). A Democrat, Spinola represented New York City.

* In 1950, John Orlando Pastore became the first Italian American elected to the U.S. Senate, where he served until 1976. In over 50 years in public office, he never lost an election. A Democrat from Rhode Island, he began his political career as a state assemblyman in 1934 and became the first Italian American governor of his home state in 1945 after his predecessor resigned. He was reelected in 1946 and then again in 1948 by a record 73,000 vote margin over his opponent.

* Alfred E. Smith, who was born Alfred Emanuele Ferrara, was the first Italian American governor of New York (1919), and the first Italian American presidential candidate. He was defeated by Herbert Hoover in 1928. His paternal grandfather was born in Genoa in 1808.

* Charles Joseph Bonaparte founded the Federal Bureau of Investigation in 1908, built the U.S. Navy into one of the strongest in the world and was the first Italian American appointed to a cabinet position, serving as Secretary of the Navy and later as U.S. Attorney General during Theodore Roosevelt’s administration.

* New York City’s “Little Flower,” Fiorello H. LaGuardia was elected mayor in 1931 and served until 1944. Elected on the Republican ticket, he became the first Italian American mayor of the city. The former lawyer was a champion of labor unions and campaigned in English, Italian, Yiddish, German and Spanish.

* Michael A. Musmanno served on of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and on the bench of the Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal, which tried the Nazi officers after World War II.

* The 1950 New York City mayoral race was among three Italian Americans: Edward Corsi, Vincent Impellitteri, and Ferdinand Pecora. Impellitteri won on the Experience Party ticket and served as mayor until January, 1954.

* U.S. Congressman Peter Rodino, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, led the Committee recommendation to impeach Richard M. Nixon. Elected to Congress in 1948, Rodino also was a key congressman supporting the law that made Columbus Day a national holiday in 1973.

* Anthony J. Celebrezze was the first foreign-born mayor of Cleveland, Ohio and the first non-native to be appointed to the U.S. Cabinet as Secretary of the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare under the Kennedy and Johnson Administrations. Also a judge to the U.S. Court of Appeals, he was born in Potenza, elected Cleveland’s mayor in 1953 and re-elected four times, the last time with nearly 75 percent of the vote. He was the only Cleveland mayor elected five times. He died in 1998 at age 88.

* Gov. Ella Tambussi Grasso of Connecticut was the first American woman elected governor in her own right and the first Italian American woman in Congress. Elected governor in 1975, she brought the state out of debt and created an “open government” so all citizens could easily access public records. Grasso served as governor until 1980. She served in Congress from 1970 to 1974. Ella Grasso died of cancer in 1981.

* Geraldine Ferraro was the first woman to ever run for national office in the U.S. In 1984 she ran as Walter Mondale’s vice presidential candidate. A Democrat from New York, she served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1979 to 1985.

* Mario Cuomo, who was first elected governor of New York in 1982, won the 1986 election with 2,761,000 votes, or 64 percent, the largest margin in New York history. During his 12 years in office, Gov. Cuomo pushed through landmark programs in criminal justice, education, the environment, health care, human rights, housing and health care that were national firsts. See his book, The New York Idea: An Experiment in Democracy

* The first woman to be secretary of state and attorney general in Nevada was Frankie Sue Del Papa. She was elected secretary in 1987 and attorney general in 1991.

* Brooklyn’s Rudolph W. Giuliani was elected mayor of New York City in 1993, and re-elected in 1997. During his first term as mayor, crime in the Big Apple dropped 41 percent, the largest sustained decrease in the nation and the lowest rate in New York City since the 1960s. The Mayor began his career in the U.S Attorney’s office for the Southern District of New York in 1970 at age 29, later practiced law privately and worked for the Attorney General’s office and the Justice Department. He first ran for mayor in 1989 as an independent but lost to David Dinkins.

Guest Guest

That has to be the most ignorant post I have ever read.

Sometimes these low IQ people even come up with new ideas:

Italian Americans created many of the familiar items we enjoy every day.

* The Jacuzzi hot tub and spa were invented by the Jacuzzi family. whose family of seven sons and six daughters came to America in 1907. In 1915, they formed the Jacuzzi Brothers Incorporated, which supplied the American military with propellers. In 1926, they developed the deep well (jet) water pump that led to the famous whirlpool bath.

* Mr. Coffee, the best-selling coffee maker in the world, was invented by Vince Marotta, who also developed a better way extract oil from coffee beans and invented the paper coffee filter. Since 1972, more than 50 million Mr. Coffees have been sold. An estimated 10 billion Mr. Coffee paper filters are sold annually.

* The convertible sofa was invented by Bernard Castro (1904-1991) who came from Italy and opened an upholstery shop in New York in 1931. In 1945, he invented the famous space-saving sofa that even a child could open.

* Chef Boyardee, the man behind the nation's leading brand of spaghetti dinners, pizza mix, sauce and pasta, was really Ettore Boiardi, an Italian immigrant from Emilia Romagna. Boiardi, who began as a chef's apprentice at age 11, eventually opened a restaurant in Cleveland, Ohio in 1924 and began packaging pasta and sauce for his customers to take home. In the 1930s, he began selling his pasta and sauce in cans. A food distributor convinced him to change the spelling of his name to make it easier for Americans to pronounce. During World War II, the company was the largest supplier of rations for the U.S. and Allied Forces.

* The Big Mac, McDonald's sandwich classic, was invented by Jim Delligatti owner of a McDonald's franchise in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Since its introduction in 1967, more than 14 billion Big Macs have been sold, making it the most popular sandwich in the world.

* Antonio Meucci invented the telephone in 1871, five years before Alexander Graham Bell, but the impoverished inventor did not have the funds (about $25.00) to file a patent.

* The popular Radio Flyer red wagon was created by Antonio Pasin, an immigrant Italian carpenter in 1917. Pasin began making the wagon he called the Liberty Coaster, after the Statue of Liberty, one of his first sights in America. Today, his grandson, Robert Pasin is the president of the Chicago-based Radio Flyer Inc, which he runs with his brothers, Antonio and Paul. The company's 100 employees manufacture about 8,000 wagons a day.

* The chocolate bar exists today in part thanks to Domenico Ghirardelli. In 1867, he perfected a method to make ground chocolate. Today, Ghirardelli chocolate is sold all over the world, including the square in San Francisco named after him, where his chocolate factory - now a shopping center — still stands.

* Mr. Peanut and the Planters Peanut Company were created by Amedeo Obici and Mario Peruzzi, two Italian immigrants. Obici, who came to America from Oderzo in 1889, began selling five-cent bags of peanuts on the street. In 1897, he took Peruzzi as his partner. By 1930, the two had four huge factories, and raked in over $12 million annually. Today the Planters Peanut Company has over 5,000 employees.

* The cough drop was created by Vincent R. Ciccone, who began his career in the 1930s as a janitor at the Charms Candy Co. and retired as the company's president and chief executive officer. Ciccone secured 20 patents, including the "Blow Pop," a lolly pop with a bubble gum center. He died at age 81 in 1997.

* Charles Atlas, born Angelo Siciliano, invented the body-building technique called "Dynamic Tension" in 1921 and was dubbed "America's Most Perfectly Developed Man" by Physical Culture magazine. By the 1950s, the former Coney Island janitor, had over one million followers. He died in 1972 at age 79 while jogging too soon after a heart attack.

* The ice cream cone was invented by an Italian immigrant to New Jersey named Italo Marcioni in 1896.

* The three-way light bulb was invented by Alessandro Dandini, who patented more than 22 inventions, including the rigid retractable automobile top and the spherical system, which concentrates and extracts solar energy. Dandini came to the U.S. in 1945, and taught at the University of Nevada in Reno. He held degrees in science, languages, hydraulic engineering and classical literature. He died in 1991 at age 88.

* Bernard Cousino (1902-1994) held more than 76 patents on audiovisual equipment, including the eight-track tape player and the automobile tape deck. In 1994, just days before his death, he filed a patent for a continuous loop video cassette that allows VCRs to play tapes repeatedly without rewinding.

Sometimes these low IQ people even get around to building some things:

ITALIAN AMERICAN INFLUENCES IN WASHINGTON, DC

Most Americans know that the District of Columbia is named after Christopher Columbus, but few realize how great a role other Italians and their descendants have had in building the city and its monuments. Italians helped create Washington’s classic architecture and impressive monuments, and many of the city’s schools, churches, and federal buildings. * THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL — Neapolitan immigrant Attilio Piccirilli and his five brothers carved the statue of Lincoln, which they began in 1911 and completed in 1922. It is 19 feet high and made of 28 blocks of marble, carefully fitted together. The gifted sculptors, working out of their studio/living complex in the Bronx, also carved the famous lions on the steps of the New York Public Library, and the facade of the Brooklyn Museum among many other works in New York and across America. See Attilio Piccirilli’s biography by Joseph V. Lombardo, published in 1944.

* THE NATIONAL CATHEDRAL — Using techniques handed down by stone carvers since the Middle Ages, Italian artisans created the gargoyles and statues that decorate the facade of Washington’s most famous place of worship.

* THE CAPITOL BUILDING — A concrete symbol of American democracy, the Capitol bears the imprint of Italian talent. Between 1855 and 1870, the Italian artist, Constantino Brumidi decorated its interior dome, corridors, and the President’s Room where Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation.

* UNION STATION — Italian construction workers helped build Washington’s train station, which was begun in 1905 and completed in 1908, considered one of the most beautiful train stations in the United States. The six statues that decorate the station’s facade were sculpted by Andrew E. Bernasconi between 1909 and 1911.

People of all ethnicities have things to be proud of. Even the Middle East (cradle of civilization) and Egypt have invented many things throughout history as have the Chinese. United States is undoubtedly the greatest technological force in the history of the world. The op is delusional in thinking that his brand of dark skinned people are somehow better looking than the rest of us. I have seen plenty of fat ugly scags of italian and greek descent. And they should also learn how to use a Gillette razor on those disgusting arm pits. Also, the men seem to always have really bad body stench.

Guest Guest

beauty is in the eye of the beholder

always has been

always will be

i'm italian, and i would consider myself good looking (enough to get a girlfriend who i would also consider good looking)

but what validation is that? there are some pretty ugly italians out there, and maybe not everyone has the same standards for beauty. I know that Michaelangelo was not very good looking, but he made beautiful art that makes up for it.

And don't deny latin american women or eastern european women, they're good looking as well. I'm not one for middle eastern or black, but that's just my taste

isn't it safe to say that this is purely opinion, opinions depend on the person being asked, and maybe italians just like to boast a lot about their qualities?

i don't know

my vote is that we're good looking, but maybe not the best

but

that's just me

Guest Guest

THoughts?

I can defintely think of some hot mediterranean women, even in this area. I would say part of their beauty is their skin. People of mediterranean descent have fewer skin problems it seems, compared to northern europeans, especially the Irish.

However, I think nordic women are defintely the hottest and most beautiful on this earth. Also, I think that mediterraneans are often short and stocky which detracts from their good looks. Europeans of nordic descent incontrast are tall, and more athletic looking than the short stocky italians and greeks.

It's hard to make generalizations but there is some truth to what you say.

Archived