Once Upon a Time in Queens: The Wild Ride of the ‘86 Mets/ESPN 30 for 30

27 Time World Champions

This was incredible. I’ve watched it 3 times so far. The 1986 Mets were my favorite team. Hopefully, Mets fans will have something to cheer about soon so they don’t have to keep looking back. 4 hours of great nostalgia. It includes footage I’ve never seen before. Most notably, Mookie Wilson running to first at an angle most people have never seen. No way Bob Stanley covers that bag in time if Buckner fields the ball. Also, no way Buckner gets to first base before Mookie. Runners at the corners with the game tied and HoJo at bat. Game over. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 3:49 PM, 27 Time World Champions said:

Lenny couldn’t finish a sentence without dropping at least one F-Bomb. That team had such an incredible cast of characters. 

He made the entire documentary come together in a way I can not describe. 

Just when I thought the 86 Mets topic could not be more beaten to death.......wow was I wrong! Absolutely incredible documentary ! Have already watched it 2x. The camera view being Mookie after Game 6 heading into the clubhouse was something I have never seen and was absolutely incredible. In fact there was a ton footage I have never seen. Outstanding.

They said they interviewed most of the guys during the pandemic which I found interesting.