Need a new doctor

Guest Guest

First of all, please save your breath if you're planning to ask why anyone would ask a bunch of strangers on the Internet to recomment a doctor. I'm not going to base my decision solely on what I read here, but I would greatly appreciate some feedback in my search for a new general practitioner. The doctor I recently started seeing (took over for my previous doctor) is a "nice guy" but he's now misdiagnosed me for the 3rd time in as many months. Not exactly someone that I feel comfortable putting my life in his hands, especially in light of recent more serious symptoms for which he hasn't been able to come up with any answers. Obviously need to find one who's accepting new patients (that ruled out several that friends recommended), and would prefer one who's affiliated with Lourdes although I'd consider UHS. Not asking for the impossible, just someone knowledgeable, very thorough, and one who listens. I have good medical insurance, and I don't care whether my new doctor's male or female as long as I can trust him/her. Any suggestions?

First of all, please save your breath if you're planning to ask why anyone would ask a bunch of strangers on the Internet to recomment a doctor. I'm not going to base my decision solely on what I read here, but I would greatly appreciate some feedback in my search for a new general practitioner. The doctor I recently started seeing (took over for my previous doctor) is a "nice guy" but he's now misdiagnosed me for the 3rd time in as many months. Not exactly someone that I feel comfortable putting my life in his hands, especially in light of recent more serious symptoms for which he hasn't been able to come up with any answers. Obviously need to find one who's accepting new patients (that ruled out several that friends recommended), and would prefer one who's affiliated with Lourdes although I'd consider UHS. Not asking for the impossible, just someone knowledgeable, very thorough, and one who listens. I have good medical insurance, and I don't care whether my new doctor's male or female as long as I can trust him/her. Any suggestions?

Dr. Wasco is good. He is at Lourdes' PCA on the East side on Robinson street.

Dr. Linda Fort on Mitchell Ave in Binghamton. She is very thorough, knows when to refer out, and will spend as much time with you as it takes to help you. She also a friendly bedside manner, and will always get you in if you aren't feeling well. I've had others who when you call with something wrong, tell you to go to the walk in.

DR. KENT STRUCK AT UMA!

Nooooooooooo. Not unless you want to sit in the waiting room at least an hour for your scheduled appointment. The doctor himself is ok, but UMA SUCKS.

Guest a PATIENT
Dr. Linda Fort on Mitchell Ave in Binghamton. She is very thorough, knows when to refer out, and will spend as much time with you as it takes to help you. She also a friendly bedside manner, and will always get you in if you aren't feeling well. I've had others who when you call with something wrong, tell you to go to the walk in.

I agree Captain..she's great!..so is Adam her P.A. and the office staff is EXCELLANT AND POLITE.

Does she go to Lourdes or UHS?

I know she goes to UHS..not sure about Lourdes. But she is WELL WORTH having as a physician..she used to be a Nurse and got sick of working with incompetent staff members..went on to medical school and is proving to be one of the best doctors out there..she shares an office with Doctor Kennedy..

I know she goes to UHS..not sure about Lourdes. But she is WELL WORTH having as a physician..she used to be a Nurse and got sick of working with incompetent staff members..went on to medical school and is proving to be one of the best doctors out there..she shares an office with Doctor Kennedy..

I agree, the office staff is caring and follows through. I also like that it is a smaller practice. The office is homey and it's a personable atmosphere. You don't feel like a number there.

i was gonna suggest endwell f. p. we use gloria block fnp. but have dealt with several others and would reccomend them without hesitation.

stay away from Dr. Holler if you are a woman-he believes nothing you say-he will make everything psychosomatic....try Dr. Soden she great...

First of all, please save your breath if you're planning to ask why anyone would ask a bunch of strangers on the Internet to recomment a doctor.  I'm not going to base my decision solely on what I read here, but I would greatly appreciate some feedback in my search for a new general practitioner.   The doctor I recently started seeing (took over for my previous doctor) is a "nice guy" but he's now misdiagnosed me for the 3rd time in as many months.  Not exactly someone that I feel comfortable putting my life in his hands, especially in light of recent more serious symptoms for which he hasn't been able to come up with any answers.  Obviously need to find one who's accepting new patients (that ruled out several that friends recommended), and would prefer one who's affiliated with Lourdes although I'd consider UHS.  Not asking for the impossible, just someone knowledgeable, very thorough, and one who listens.  I have good medical insurance, and I don't care whether my new doctor's male or female as long as I can trust him/her. Any suggestions?dr phil

Guest Best Docs

Tom Martin---Lourdes front street, the best, and does do manipulations.

Dr. Rai ----as good as Tom Martin without the manipulation --- Vestal Medical Assocites on PRKWAY (Lourdes)

I like Dr. McCarville on the Parkway. He listens to you and doesn't rush you out the door, which is nice.

The office does seem to run late on appointments pretty often if that's an issue to you.

Guest Used to Witness it..
Sae Joun Park - Mitchell Ave.

Very thorough.

TWS

Avoid S Park like the plague..ask any Nursing staff member at any of the local hospitals..he's just soooo bad. We always hated getting his patients..they always seemed to never get better..

I've heard / seen good things about the following being able to look at various symptoms and make an appropriate diagnosis: Frank Eder, MD (UMA Front Street) Jungsil Cusimano, MD (Oak Street, Binghamton, Private Practice), Lidna Fort, MD (Mitchell Avenue Bing. Private Practice). Tom Martin, DO is also great, but unfortunately he isn't taking new patients. Even his waiting list to be a patient was closed last I heard! It can be tough to find a doctor that you like and feel comfortable with, good luck with your search.

Endwell Family Physicians are excellent, tho, not affilated with Lourdes. Dr. Holler is good, he cared for my mother for many yrs. and was so good with her and listened to everything she had to say. Both Dr. Patels are good and Dr. Bowling. Also, the nurse practioners are very good. I have seen several of them over the past 30 plus yrs.

Archived