All The Other Kids With The Pumped Up Kicks...

ginger

And it's not just you! YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR FAMILY, YOUR COWORKERS! So, if I owe the IRS they can go digging into my daughter and son in laws bank account. Cute huh?

It's not just you, IT'S YOUR LAWYERS TOO! NO LIMITATIONS say Forbes....Um attorney/client privilege ring a bell? So what, they investigate YOUR attorney and then the entire law firm? 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2023/05/18/supreme-court-rules-that-irs-can-request-bank-account-info-without-notice-to-third-parties/?sh=ee107f71f6ec

So let me get this straight...if you owe the IRS they can go to your Facebook and dig around the bank accounts of everyone on there?

Yes I'm going to read the ruling now.

Okay, done. Supreme court rules IRS collection efforts are prioritized over innocent third party taxpayer privacy. Well...if you are innocent then they wouldn't be looking at you? Or would they? THEY WOULD AND THEY WILL! Total fishing expedition in my opinion. It's the most intrusive tool.

This is the equivalent of what the FBI did to Carter Page...keep looking until you find something wrong. And we all know by now, the feds are great at making up stories in their own heads.

22 hours ago, ginger said:

So let me get this straight...if you owe the IRS they can go to your Facebook and dig around the bank accounts of everyone on there?

Yes I'm going to read the ruling now.

Okay, done. Supreme court rules IRS collection efforts are prioritized over innocent third party taxpayer privacy. Well...if you are innocent then they wouldn't be looking at you? Or would they? THEY WOULD AND THEY WILL! Total fishing expedition in my opinion. It's the most intrusive tool.

This is the equivalent of what the FBI did to Carter Page...keep looking until you find something wrong. And we all know by now, the feds are great at making up stories in their own heads.

“Show me the man, and I’ll show you the crime.” Lavrentiy Beria, Josef Stalin’s secret police chief.

Funny this court opined on May 18th. I haven't seen one word mentioned. I happened upon by accident. 

I'm actually surprised people from both sides of the aisle aren't screaming bloody murder. 

I can think of so many for instances. How about Joe Percoco? How about they take a look at Cuomo's bank account...because?

Of course this court has gone full Russia, and the Stalin quote is accurate. There are 9 justices. 6 appointed by Republicans (3 by a Bush and 3 by Trump) and only 3 appointed by Democrats. Republicans LOVE government intrusion into the lives of us regular folk, just as long as their pals are protected.

18 hours ago, ThelmaHarper said:

Of course this court has gone full Russia, and the Stalin quote is accurate. There are 9 justices. 6 appointed by Republicans (3 by a Bush and 3 by Trump) and only 3 appointed by Democrats. Republicans LOVE government intrusion into the lives of us regular folk, just as long as their pals are protected.

Both parties are chock-full of elitist big government lovers. The notion the Democrat party is the party of the little guy and regular people is farcical.