A shout out to Ginger!

Thanks much Madd.. hope you are feeling better yourself. This year can't go by any faster. First the car accident...I  still have some hematoma lodged in my pelvic cavity up against my tail bone that makes me feel like I'm sitting on a small orange. Then mom passed away and now I have the flu. 

I feel mostly worse about mom. I don't think she knew it was the end even though she left quietly. Our family, and her medical staff did everything right but there's always...doubts. A few months prior she told me she saw her mother standing before her. We had talked about this as it had been my experience that nursing home residents had told me they were visited by their mothers shortly before they passed away. I kind of have this theory that if your mother brought you into this world then she'd be the one to take you to the next.

At one point, her head snapped up to look at something...someone. It may have been her blessed St Michael the Archangel for whom she had a specific devotion to for many years. The next day while picking out her prayer cards we sort of joked that we'd better put that prayer on her prayer card because we're all in trouble now!

Thanks for asking. Let me know how you are getting on. It seems like you've had enough of this year yourself!