Garnar plans $1 million Blue Angels Air Show for summer 2024, during re-election campaign

Former Democrat

Next year Jason Garnar will run for re-election and is expected to be challenged by Rich David.  Garnar will be hit hard on his affair with his former employee, who he gave many raises during their time together.  Both families were destroyed due to Garnar's actions.

Don't think Garnar will run without a lot of help from your tax dollars.  Garnar is planning one of the biggest Air Shows in Broome County history, brining in the US Navy Blue Angels.  These events cost about $ 1 million.  Garnar's name will be plastered all over the event and the advertising, while he asks residents for their votes. 

blueangels2024.webp

Any time the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds come to town it's big news.  I've been to over 100 airshows, and I would agree I can't stand the politics of them.  Right along the flight line you will see VIP tents with fancy food and wine.  This is where politicians hang out and schmooze their donors.  That is the problem with airshows, they become less about aviation and too much about impressing people with money. 

This air show schedule was announced 8 months ago. But I didn't post it here until now, when I realized it's an election year for Garnar.  After this was posted, WBNG and WICZ made stories within 24 hours. Really lazy reporting by the local media.  They don't make stories when the info comes out (8 months ago), they wait for it to appear on BCVoice.

https://www.wbng.com/2023/08/18/greater-binghamton-airshow-announced-july-2024/

https://www.wicz.com/story/49452616/greater-binghamton-airshow-to-take-to-the-skies-in-july-2024

IMG_5306.jpg

23 hours ago, Former Democrat said:

Really lazy reporting by the local media.  They don't make stories when the info comes out (8 months ago), they wait for it to appear on BCVoice.

Not really. Most TV news (and newspapers) count in news tips. News media is short staffed everywhere. What little staff they do gave have to write and report, especially on the local levels.

I’ve often tipped off reporters for the press and TV here. On a national level we’ve all seen CNN, USA Today, the major network news and network shows like Today etc cover items we had seen on social media the week before.