Ballot Amendment

ginger

My friend on twitter Bob Confer writes there's going to be a ballot amendment this November. It wants you to vote for smaller school districts, like Vestal, to raises their constitutional school tax limit from 5% to 10%. Personally I think taxpayers pay enough in NYS and school districts shouldn't be allowed to HOARD money. 

When was it, last year, Tom DiNapoli admonished Vestal School District for hoarding tax dollars over their limit? i bet if they raise it to 10% they'll just start keeping 12% instead of 6%. We having an aging population. Seniors can't keep doing this.

Blake-Washington.jpg?resize=250%2C376&ssl=1

NY Budget Director Blake Washington

“With the continued influx of migrants, no promises of financial support from the Federal government, and no clear pathway to a wholesale policy change at the Federal level to address the situation, New York State can only shoulder this financial commitment for a limited duration without putting other areas of the State budget at risk, such as aid to public schools, support for our health delivery infrastructure, and the readiness of our National Guard,” Washington wrote in the memo to Karen Persichilli Keogh, the top aide to the governor.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-york-budget-official-warns-migrant-crisis-is-putting-state-s-services-at-risk/ar-AA1j5TK5?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=ca8e855551094336b1ca7e8dc39dddc6&ei=10