Best Bar Trivia Out There?

Guest triviafan

Guest triviafan

Where are the best places in town for team trivia? Used to play regularly with Thad at Edigan's, then it closed...followed him to ChiChi's, then that closed...but now he is at Flashbacks...went for awhile...but I cannot hear him there, its cold and not user friendly for trivia.....and I really miss Edigan's wings!!!!! Any suggestions?

Where are the best places in town for team trivia? Used to play regularly with Thad at Edigan's, then it closed...followed him to ChiChi's, then that closed...but now he is at Flashbacks...went for awhile...but I cannot hear him there, its cold and not user friendly for trivia.....and I really miss Edigan's wings!!!!! Any suggestions?

Harmony Creek Pub in Hallstead does it on Wednesday nights. A Lot of fun, not full of young kids, nice crowd and the guy, Jeff, does a great job. Makes you think. Been a couple of times I was darn sure I was right, but didn't listen to the questions correctly and was wrong. Very few easy questions. We try to team up.

Guest triviafan
Harmony Creek Pub in Hallstead does it on Wednesday nights. A Lot of fun, not full of young kids, nice crowd and the guy, Jeff, does a great job. Makes you think. Been a couple of times I was darn sure I was right, but didn't listen to the questions correctly and was wrong. Very few easy questions. We try to team up.

Cool, Thanks......how are the wings there?

Guest BC Voice of Reason

Thanks to unscrupulous people with cell phones and blackberries, trivia at bars has turned into a race on which team can text message to find the answer before time is up. Too bad, I always enjoyed playing.

The Sports Page has a fun one on Thursday nights that doesn't seem to have the same old crowd following it around cheating on the questions. Beer specials and good 3 dollar wings. See you there!! 8:30 pm on Thursdays

Thanks to unscrupulous people with cell phones and blackberries, trivia at bars has turned into a race on which team can text message to find the answer before time is up. Too bad, I always enjoyed playing.

That's pretty pathetic!

last year the wife and i stopped into the dugout in apalachin. i don't know what night it was but the place was packed. we sat had some wings and beer and laughed along with the participants. looked to be alot of regulars, in other words it looked like teams.

• 2 months later...
Been to bunch of places for trivia (Jonathan's, Edigan's, Kelly's, Bobby's, etc..). Read a bunch of complaints here too. Gotta say, Instinct Restaurant/Nightclub in Endicott (a block from the Ave - round the corner from Quarterback on Monroe) has 'em beat in a lot of ways. Not the same scene.. they just switched team trivia from Wednesday to Tuesday - hoping to give some of the Kelly's & Bobby's crowd a chance. It is soooo nice inside and have seen they're really trying to get the word out about their events and specials. Having gone to both Kelly's and Bobby's just last week, I know that my experience with the prices is accurate. K... $6.50 for TWO Ying drafts @ Kelly's and $8.00 for a speidie salad @ Bobby's. Instinct has $1.50 drafts & mixers, $2 bottles and $5 pitchers on trivia night (not the only night w/good specials). I don't think I'm the only one tryin to save money these days. And prizes? Bobby's are $30 credit for 1st, 2 pitchers for 2nd, and $10 for 3rd. WOW! :blink: Pretty skimpy compared to $50, $30 and $15 gift certs for 1st-3rd @ Instinct.... ya think?? Just saying. Maybe an issue is it's location (competition + semi-concealed location)? Or, maybe its a lack of overt advertising? Lord knows the word's somehow gotten out about Saturday nights (and now Sun). Hmmm.... anyway, talked to a few of the staff there and guess there's a myspace comin along too. Def a place worth checking out. Instinct Team Trivia

Archived