cps worker did not know the kid was dead????????

Guest Guest

Wouldn't there have been smells of decomposition?

The smell of the house not being clean may have masked it. And the poor kids body was left in bed and probably covered up.

Wouldn't there have been smells of decomposition?

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1478719

here is a link that has the stages of decomposition. According to it, 10-20 days after death, the body will start smelling.

However, if CPS did their job (HAHA) they would have noticed the bloated eyelids, discolored skin, ect that does happen with a few hours of death. Whoever did the welfare check on that child needs fired immediatly......along with a few others there.

UN-FREAKING BELIEVABLE!

This idiot better get fired! There is NO WAY in the bule hell that any CPS employee could go to investigate this and not know that the kid was DEAD for Christ's sake! :angry:

I agree there was no excuse for this and knowing how thurogh cps is I just dont understand HOW.

here is a link that has the stages of decomposition. According to it, 10-20 days after death, the body will start smelling.

However, if CPS did their job (HAHA) they would have noticed the bloated eyelids, discolored skin, ect that does happen with a few hours of death. Whoever did the welfare check on that child needs fired immediatly......along with a few others there.

Thanks for the information. I didn't realize it would take 10+ days.

We will never know the name of that worker.

He/She will never be fired.

They won't even feel guilt over this they will blame it on the "System".

They will continue to do their less than mediocre job packing up their desk at 3:55 every day to be out the door by 4:00:01PM every day.

10-20 days? Nope.

According to the Press this morning, the worker met the brother at the door Friday, so apparently, the cps worker didn't go inside. A public firing is indeed warranted, even though he was dead already.

Brings up a good point, though. We all knew that the child died Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, but some people had given the older brother the benefit of the doubt and assumed he didn't know little brother was dead when he left. Are we to think that he STILL didn't know on Friday when he was talking to the cps worker? Or, is he such a cold person that he was able to lie to them?

Guest School Employee

The article in today's paper made me physically ill. The CPS worker didn't realize he was DEAD??? How can that be? They were "Met at the door" by the brother? Wouldn't that set alarm bells off in your head if he wouldn't let you in? Shouldn't they have at least ASKED to see the boy? This just makes it all that much worse than it already was. Obviously the brother knew he was dead. I hope they bring the death penalty back for him.

According to the Press this morning, the worker met the brother at the door Friday, so apparently, the cps worker didn't go inside. A public firing is indeed warranted, even though he was dead already.

Brings up a good point, though. We all knew that the child died Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, but some people had given the older brother the benefit of the doubt and assumed he didn't know little brother was dead when he left. Are we to think that he STILL didn't know on Friday when he was talking to the cps worker? Or, is he such a cold person that he was able to lie to them?

This is the 3rd time in the last few months that a child has died and DSS has been involved. It would seem that it should at least be investigated by the state officials. If nothing else, it would clear them of neglect or wrong-doing in their actions.

Typical of the DSS. I could tell you horrors that I have seen in my job. As for the family, I feel bad for the grandmother but not that mother. The last name of "Wilbur" should give you a clue. I think they're related to the Copps...'nough said.

According to the Press this morning, the worker met the brother at the door Friday, so apparently, the cps worker didn't go inside.

"Isenburg said that when a CPS employee visited the home, Shawn Munck answered the door and let the CPS employee into the house. Munck's friend, Joseph Menard, 23, of Endicott, was also at the house at the time."

Read more. Post less.

Arthur Johnson, commissioner of the Broome County Department of Social Services, which heads CPS, said confidentiality laws forbid him from commenting."

FIRE HIM AND MAKE IT PUBLIC!

Believe me, the very last thing I want to do is to defend DSS, but this isn't the commish. fault (not being able to comment, that is) and firing him will not solve that, nor will it make the matter public...I am sure it is a ruling about confidentiality.

Having said that, honestly, DSS is overloaded but REALLY????????? Didn't notice the kid was DEAD???? OOPS??????????

The country treats children like chattel. It sucks, for the kids. This is just another glaring example of that...and, I must say, sounds like ME schools did all they could, so good job there, though it didn't help this poor little kid one bit.

Tragic tragic tragic.

Maybe if you all knew the truth, and not what is printed in the Press and Crap paper. The DSS worker never made it into the house, only was allowed in the doorway. Saw the kid on the couch from a distance, and was to leave. The DSS worker didn't like what she saw and gotr the Aunt to enter the house.

Guest person x.

honestly - i don't see why everyone is coming down so hard on the guy. sure - any cps worker should never miss whether or not a child is dead - i mean that is super shocking - BUT - THE CHILD WAS ALREADY DECEASED! you guys are acting as if the worker would have been able to stop the death, and that's just not the case........

honestly - i don't see why everyone is coming down so hard on the guy. sure - any cps worker should never miss whether or not a child is dead - i mean that is super shocking - BUT - THE CHILD WAS ALREADY DECEASED! you guys are acting as if the worker would have been able to stop the death, and that's just not the case........
I agree and lets add to the fact that all information on this horrible death isnt known. Fact is you are allowd to refuse the entry of a cps worker and if that was the case, whitch Im not saying is the case because we just dont know if the worker contacted the aunt he/she did their job. Any blame placed should go to the rightfull owner of it,The brother.

I agree and lets add to the fact that all information on this horrible death isnt known. Fact is you are allowd to refuse the entry of a cps worker and if that was the case, whitch Im not saying is the case because we just dont know if the worker contacted the aunt he/she did their job. Any blame placed should go to the rightfull owner of it,The brother.

Ok ~ So, if the CPS Workers JOB was to check on the welfare of the child ~ Why didn't he/she SEE the child? If he/she was denied access WITHOUT seeing the child you would think that he/she would call the police or something to gain access to SEE that the child was ok! Wasn't that his/her job ~ To check on the welfare of the child???

Archived