BCVoice.com talked about on STAR 105.7 FM Radio

Guest STAR 105.7 Listener

Guest STAR 105.7 Listener

This morning on the way to work, I was listening to STAR 105.7 and heard them talking about "should you be allowed to post anonymously and a guy was one of the callers and said he was the Admin here and said "Absolutely you should be able to post anonymously" and "the BCVoice.com allows anonymous posting".

Anyone else hear it???

This morning on the way to work, I was listening to STAR 105.7 and heard them talking about "should you be allowed to post anonymously and a guy was one of the callers and said he was the Admin here and said "Absolutely you should be able to post anonymously" and "the BCVoice.com allows anonymous posting".

Anyone else hear it???

Yeah they were talking about it when my alarm went off at 6:00.

I was surprised they did not mention BC Voice at first. They went on and on about how people can post anonymously on the Press and Sun site (an idea which I am certain was promptted by the popularity of BC Voice and the fact that it is public knowledge local 'reporters' troll this site for stories everyday).

I guess there is new myspce style web site for college kids where they can post rumors, lies, and otherwise horrible things about other people anonymously. At least the BC Voice tries to contain the libel.

Guest On Looker
Thanks for the hearty laugh, I think it's important to start your day off with something humorous.

You shouldn't act like that isn't normal for you, I am sure that you get a laugh every time you get up and look in the mirror.

BCVoice is a great benefit to this ommunity and if you think differently, you are obviously either one of the criminal local politicians who regularly gets his manhood slapped here on the Voice or you are engaged in some other unethical activity that would make your feelings for BCVoice obvious.

There is no question that this site has played a part in keeping what is right in check here in our community! :blink:

I was surprised they did not mention BC Voice at first. They went on and on about how people can post anonymously on the Press and Sun site (an idea which I am certain was promptted by the popularity of BC Voice and the fact that it is public knowledge local 'reporters' troll this site for stories everyday).

I guess there is new myspce style web site for college kids where they can post rumors, lies, and otherwise horrible things about other people anonymously. At least the BC Voice tries to contain the libel.

lol......bcvoice doesn't try to contain much of anything. I agree that they do get involved and contain certain things. however, they do allow lies, and rumors to go around. One example that always shows up about once a month is the whole vestal fire going paid thing. that has been a lie and rumor the whole time. therefore bcvoice doesn't contain as much as you think.

My favorite part of the 105.7 call-in was when he said BC Voice lets people post whatever they want about a business, but doesn't allow bashing people by name, because that's "not right." Yeah, okay. Even if you decide it's okay to make personal insults about people in the public eye, you can't pretend plenty of completely private citizens aren't insulted on this site every day in all of the threads about the area's biggest sluts, worst bosses, etc. Not to mention the "public" figures that have been called names and insulted in ways that have nothing to do with their jobs. 105.7 should be ashamed for even putting that call on the air.

BC Voice has the right to let people say whatever they want. If you post here or read this site, you know people can get dragged through the mud. That's what BC Voice is, a site where people can say whatever they want, but don't go on the radio and lie about it and pretend this site is so morally above other message boards that insult people.

Guest Still Laughing
You shouldn't act like that isn't normal for you, I am sure that you get a laugh every time you get up and look in the mirror.

BCVoice is a great benefit to this ommunity and if you think differently, you are obviously either one of the criminal local politicians who regularly gets his manhood slapped here on the Voice or you are engaged in some other unethical activity that would make your feelings for BCVoice obvious.

There is no question that this site has played a part in keeping what is right in check here in our community! :blink:

Truth hurts so you go to the personal attack defense, how typical. BTW, you are wrong about who I am. I simply someone who comes to this site (like most people) to see what outlandish threads are being posted. I'm here for entertainment purposes only. For every one "scoop" or "true" thread on here I'd say there are at least 10 that are full of $h1t and I'm probably being generous. This site is the National Enquirer for Broome County, nothing more. Anytime I've ever heard anyone talk about BCV IRL, it is about how this site is for gossip and/or political hack jobs. I've never heard anyone say how BCV is a "great benefit to this community" or "that this site has played a part in keeping what is right in check here in our community!" and I'd challenge you to show some proof of either statement.

lol......bcvoice doesn't try to contain much of anything. I agree that they do get involved and contain certain things. however, they do allow lies, and rumors to go around. One example that always shows up about once a month is the whole vestal fire going paid thing. that has been a lie and rumor the whole time. therefore bcvoice doesn't contain as much as you think.

Funny how it's one of your own posting the rumor's!

Truth hurts so you go to the personal attack defense, how typical. BTW, you are wrong about who I am. I simply someone who comes to this site (like most people) to see what outlandish threads are being posted. I'm here for entertainment purposes only. For every one "scoop" or "true" thread on here I'd say there are at least 10 that are full of $h1t and I'm probably being generous. This site is the National Enquirer for Broome County, nothing more. Anytime I've ever heard anyone talk about BCV IRL, it is about how this site is for gossip and/or political hack jobs. I've never heard anyone say how BCV is a "great benefit to this community" or "that this site has played a part in keeping what is right in check here in our community!" and I'd challenge you to show some proof of either statement.

Since you come here for entertainment, maybe we can be entertained by getting you banned stpuid!

BCV is very important to this community, you are just a hypocrite to think other wise!

Since you come here for entertainment, maybe we can be entertained by getting you banned stpuid!

When calling someone "stupid," you may want to take the time to proof read your post.

BCV is very important to this community, you are just a hypocrite to think other wise!

Show me some proof that BCV is "important to this community." Don't forget to turn the lights off when you leave.

When calling someone "stupid," you may want to take the time to proof read your post.

Show me some proof that BCV is "important to this community." Don't forget to turn the lights off when you leave.

Your making a big deal about my typo? STUPID!

I see typo's all the time in the Binghamton Press what do you do about that? Call them?

BCV does have an effect on this community, if you think otherwise.............well that's only one opinion Your's!

I've seen many stories break here before the Press or other media outlets get ahold of it. Sometimes embarressed to report a story because everyone knows where they steal (leads) stories. If you don't believe this then you are one of the story stealing media outlets just trying to discredit the site.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

My favorite part of the 105.7 call-in was when he said BC Voice lets people post whatever they want about a business, but doesn't allow bashing people by name, because that's "not right." Yeah, okay. Even if you decide it's okay to make personal insults about people in the public eye, you can't pretend plenty of completely private citizens aren't insulted on this site every day in all of the threads about the area's biggest sluts, worst bosses, etc. Not to mention the "public" figures that have been called names and insulted in ways that have nothing to do with their jobs. 105.7 should be ashamed for even putting that call on the air.

BC Voice has the right to let people say whatever they want. If you post here or read this site, you know people can get dragged through the mud. That's what BC Voice is, a site where people can say whatever they want, but don't go on the radio and lie about it and pretend this site is so morally above other message boards that insult people.

AGAIN, YOU LET YOUR ASSUMED WISDOM INTERFERE WITH YOUR HEARING. THE GUY SAID THAT INDIVIDUALS THAT GET BLASTED HERE IS NOT ALLOWED BUT IF YOU ARE A PUBLIC FIGURE OR A BUSINESS, THEY DON'T MONITOR THE SITE FOR THAT SORT OF CONTENT. I BELIEVE HE SAID SOMETHING LIKE "IF YOU GO ON BCV AND SAY THAT SO AND SO IS A JERK AS AN INDIVIDUAL, THAT IS NOT ALLOWED BUT IF YOU SAY THAT A BUSINESS IS BAD, THAT IS ALLOWED". 105.7 AIRED THE CALL BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT BIAS LIKE YOU ARE, YOU THINK THE WORLD SHOULD DO THINGS YOUR WAY AND BCV DOESN'T AGREE.

Why just the other day I was telling Mabel that Jose was on the horse chasing the little monkey that goes thru garbage cans in Hillcrest.

Mabel's reply was that if the monkey wants to daid the garbage cans, then let him. It's that much less you have to carry to the end of the drive.

I don't know about Mabel, maybe I should let her out of the cage more often.

THINK WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT BCV. FACT IS BY YOUR OWN ADMITION YOU ARE HERE REGULARLY AND READ THE "GOSSIP" SO YOU ARE HERE BECAUSE THE SITE HAS SPARKED YOUR INTEREST AND YOU JUSTIFY IT ANY WAY THAT YOU WANT. FACT IS THAT YOU ARE HERE AND YOU KNOW THE REAL REASON WHY, BECAUSE BCV IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE COMMUNITY.

Thats all the Democrats post on bcvoice is lies,rumors and horrible things,then when you post 500 articles proving them wrong they log out and come back as a guest,and all they have to say is go and take your meds or call you stupid,we'll see.

Guest Laughing at you
Your making a big deal about my typo? STUPID!

I didn't make a big deal of it, I just pointed out your hypocracy.

I see typo's all the time in the Binghamton Press what do you do about that? Call them?

Look up "red herring" or "strawman" with regards to that foolish comment, either one could apply.

BCV does have an effect on this community, if you think otherwise.............well that's only one opinion Your's!

Oh, so now we go from "great benefit to this community" or "that this site has played a part in keeping what is right in check here in our community!" to "BCV does have an effect on this community." I agree it has an effect, just not such a great one as you previously touted.

I've seen many stories break here before the Press or other media outlets get ahold of it. Sometimes embarressed to report a story because everyone knows where they steal (leads) stories. If you don't believe this then you are one of the story stealing media outlets just trying to discredit the site.

Go ahead and link some of them here and I'll provide twice as many that are a reaction to or based on BP stories.

The best part of this exchange has been you kicking your own ass. Like I said, I'm here for entertainment.

AGAIN, YOU LET YOUR ASSUMED WISDOM INTERFERE WITH YOUR HEARING. THE GUY SAID THAT INDIVIDUALS THAT GET BLASTED HERE IS NOT ALLOWED BUT IF YOU ARE A PUBLIC FIGURE OR A BUSINESS, THEY DON'T MONITOR THE SITE FOR THAT SORT OF CONTENT. I BELIEVE HE SAID SOMETHING LIKE "IF YOU GO ON BCV AND SAY THAT SO AND SO IS A JERK AS AN INDIVIDUAL, THAT IS NOT ALLOWED BUT IF YOU SAY THAT A BUSINESS IS BAD, THAT IS ALLOWED". 105.7 AIRED THE CALL BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT BIAS LIKE YOU ARE, YOU THINK THE WORLD SHOULD DO THINGS YOUR WAY AND BCV DOESN'T AGREE.

Maybe you should read what I wrote, I said BCV has the right to let people say what they want about people. That's what BCV is about, so let it be about that, but don't pretend it's not. So he said something like "if you go on BCV and say that so and so is a jerk as an individual, that is not allowed," then explain why this is okay.....From the Mark Yonaty thread: he is a loser , as is his entire family. this guy has never seen a mirror that he does not love. such a loser

Maybe he is a loser and maybe his relatives are losers but that is still a personal attack in a thread about a business. Since that is okay on BCV (and since you missed it, I didn't say it shouldn't be), it was kind of pathetic go on the radio and lie and say people aren't allowed to go after individuals on BCV. I'm sure most people who have been to BCV and heard that laughed out loud.

I hear what all of you are saying load and clear! Please take a moment to read our TOS, the same rules apply here as the old site and TOS violations will be enforced. Please be respectful when posting about this site, it's Admin., Moderators and staff. What was said on the call-in this morning is true to how this site is operated, although not every post can be moderated BCVoice has an open door policy and freedom of speech is the policy of this site. Please be aware that for every person that is offended by a certain topic or post there is another person that is not and gets offended when the content is moderated. For this, it is a very hard task to moderate our forum effectively. Content on this site is only removed after much consideration and decision that the content is not appropriate. There will never be a happy medium as far as having all guests and members content with our decisions here in moderating our forums. Enjoy the opportunity to have your voice heard!

I hear what all of you are saying load and clear! Please take a moment to read our TOS, the same rules apply here as the old site and TOS violations will be enforced. Please be respectful when posting about this site, it's Admin., Moderators and staff. What was said on the call-in this morning is true to how this site is operated, although not every post can be moderated BCVoice has an open door policy and freedom of speech is the policy of this site. Please be aware that for every person that is offended by a certain topic or post there is another person that is not and gets offended when the content is moderated. For this, it is a very hard task to moderate our forum effectively. Content on this site is only removed after much consideration and decision that the content is not appropriate. There will never be a happy medium as far as having all guests and members content with our decisions here in moderating our forums. Enjoy the opportunity to have your voice heard!

What you mean .......... No what I mean STUPID is if you don't like this site or our policies find another place to hide your identity like the chicken that you are! POST DELETED

it is a proven fact that if you listen to 105.7 you are more likely to listen to michael bolton. and have a high opinion of the war being won in iraq. it is a republican station. for most uneducated type. those that claim to be overachievers, but they make up a large part of the welfare system. they are children of ronald reagan.

it is a proven fact that if you listen to 105.7 you are more likely to listen to michael bolton. and have a high opinion of the war being won in iraq. it is a republican station. for most uneducated type. those that claim to be overachievers, but they make up a large part of the welfare system. they are children of ronald reagan.

What a total loser!!!!

Guest Sellncars

Anyone else hear it???

Archived