Can You Be Christian Without Going To Church?

Guest Guest

Guest Sammy

you can be a christian without going to church. Question is this. If you go to McDonalds does that make you a big Mac <_< ? Does going to church make you a christian? Do Gods will, be kind to one another and remember who the creator is and remember who died for us. Jesus Christ went among the people in the streets etc. not all His time was devoted to Church. I do recall what he called the Sadduces " vipers"? It's the inner person God looks at, not those who go to Church on Sundays and then run with the devil the rest of the week. One more thing! The Christian Army is the only Army that shoots it's wounded. :(

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Universal
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting that Chatty Catty becomes quite offended when someone summarizes his quotes for him. Apparently, he is the only one allowed to do that.

If we scroll back, we will see that Chatty's response on #265 was to #263. Since Chatty Catty, as usual, decided to chop up the original poster's words, let's review it independently ourselves, shall we?

"And according to AFC, those men and women serving and putting their lives in harms way to protect his freedom to speak (incessantly) will be judged harshly by God if they are not catholic."

Now, let's all turn our message board to AFC Psalm #263. Let's review his post EXACTLY as he responded.

Notice how he takes one sentence and breaks it into two. We can ponder why someone would do that. Too long a sentence for him? Too hard to respond to a single sentence? Easier to confuse people and to avoid giving a direct answer by breaking up a single sentence?

He takes a portion of the sentence --

"And according to AFC, those men and women serving and putting their lives in harms way to protect his freedom to speak (incessantly).."

He then responds : "This is correct."

What exactly is "correct?" Does Chatty speak this way when actually talking face to face with people?

One can only imagine someone going up to Chatty and starting a sentence such as "Hi, how are -" and being cut off with "YES! I am wearing pants today!" Perhaps we have inadvertently discovered why Chatty spends so much time on multiple message boards -- everyone else has given up on trying to have a conversation with him.

But, let's return to AFC Psalm #263.... Chatty takes the remainder of the sentence --

"...will be judged harshly by God if they are not catholic."

Now, here is where it gets interesting. His responds is --

"Anybody who rejects/denies Jesus, ANYBODY, will be judged harshly."

How strange. No where in the original post was there mention of service people who reject/deny Jesus. The issue was Chatty's previous claims that anyone who is not CATHOLIC would be judged harshly by God. Now, why would Chatty insert a remark he knows would just divert the issue away from his previous snide remarks against those not of the papist religion?

And then of course, Chatty continues with the --

"The catholic church has the fullness of the truth. How much from that fullness you can take away and still have salvation? I don't know."

But, he does profess to "know" and has stated so repeatedly. If yee ain't a papist, you are going to be judged harshly by God!

Now, let's all stand and join in singing with Uncle Geo --"My Religion Is Better Than Your Religion" that is found on Page 666 of your hymnals.

I think the word Catholic means Universal. I think I need to find in the Bible where it says" we all need to be Catholic or else?" Odd I can't find that anywhere!!!

Guest Guest
you can be a christian without going to church. Question is this. If you go to McDonalds does that make you a big Mac <_< ? Does going to church make you a christian? Do Gods will, be kind to one another and remember who the creator is and remember who died for us. Jesus Christ went among the people in the streets etc. not all His time was devoted to Church. I do recall what he called the Sadduces " vipers"? It's the inner person God looks at, not those who go to Church on Sundays and then run with the devil the rest of the week. One more thing! The Christian Army is the only Army that shoots it's wounded. :(

LOL -- I want that on a bumper sticker!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFC would it be surprising to you a majority here think your Pope is a man nothing more?

He is a man. When He speaks excathedra, in terms of the faith and morals of the Church, He cannot error because the Holy Spirit will not let Him damage the Church. He goes to confession TWICE a week! Besides, he is the keeper of the Keys of Heaven, per Christ.

Nope...not a lie. It was an intention. Reading your bullcrap makes one really want to counter. If you used the word "Mooslim" or mispelled it, it really doesn't matter. Your intent was to do so.

Where on earth does "understanding" of the ROMAN Catholic Church have to do with your error?

"Yes, those throat cutters who slit the throats of the Christian pilgrims deserve much harsher words.".......ummmmm, OK. Someone on this mssage board had their throats slit? News to me................

You lack MUCH knowledge when it comes to the Catholic Church. Why are you calling it the ROman Catholic Church? It didn't start in Rome...... :lol:

I am not talking about today's pilgrims! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting that Chatty Catty becomes quite offended when someone summarizes his quotes for him. Apparently, he is the only one allowed to do that.

If we scroll back, we will see that Chatty's response on #265 was to #263. Since Chatty Catty, as usual, decided to chop up the original poster's words, let's review it independently ourselves, shall we?

"And according to AFC, those men and women serving and putting their lives in harms way to protect his freedom to speak (incessantly) will be judged harshly by God if they are not catholic."

Now, let's all turn our message board to AFC Psalm #263. Let's review his post EXACTLY as he responded.

Notice how he takes one sentence and breaks it into two. We can ponder why someone would do that. Too long a sentence for him? Too hard to respond to a single sentence? Easier to confuse people and to avoid giving a direct answer by breaking up a single sentence?

He takes a portion of the sentence --

"And according to AFC, those men and women serving and putting their lives in harms way to protect his freedom to speak (incessantly).."

He then responds : "This is correct."

What exactly is "correct?" Does Chatty speak this way when actually talking face to face with people?

One can only imagine someone going up to Chatty and starting a sentence such as "Hi, how are -" and being cut off with "YES! I am wearing pants today!" Perhaps we have inadvertently discovered why Chatty spends so much time on multiple message boards -- everyone else has given up on trying to have a conversation with him.

But, let's return to AFC Psalm #263.... Chatty takes the remainder of the sentence --

"...will be judged harshly by God if they are not catholic."

Now, here is where it gets interesting. His responds is --

"Anybody who rejects/denies Jesus, ANYBODY, will be judged harshly."

How strange. No where in the original post was there mention of service people who reject/deny Jesus. The issue was Chatty's previous claims that anyone who is not CATHOLIC would be judged harshly by God. Now, why would Chatty insert a remark he knows would just divert the issue away from his previous snide remarks against those not of the papist religion?

And then of course, Chatty continues with the --

"The catholic church has the fullness of the truth. How much from that fullness you can take away and still have salvation? I don't know."

But, he does profess to "know" and has stated so repeatedly. If yee ain't a papist, you are going to be judged harshly by God!

Now, let's all stand and join in singing with Uncle Geo --"My Religion Is Better Than Your Religion" that is found on Page 666 of your hymnals.

Your post is full of "fat and gristle"

You prove where I said this:

"The issue was Chatty's previous claims that anyone who is not CATHOLIC would be judged harshly by God."

The CC does have the FULLNESS of the truth? Why? Because it has never taken anything away from the entire Word of God. Many heretical denoms, have.

How much can you take away AND STILL retain salvation? I don't have any idea.

you can be a christian without going to church.

Not the same type of Christian of the Early Church!

Question is this. If you go to McDonalds does that make you a big Mac <_< ? Does going to church make you a christian? Do Gods will, be kind to one another and remember who the creator is and remember who died for us. Jesus Christ went among the people in the streets etc. not all His time was devoted to Church. I do recall what he called the Sadduces " vipers"? It's the inner person God looks at, not those who go to Church on Sundays and then run with the devil the rest of the week. One more thing! The Christian Army is the only Army that shoots it's wounded. :(

Hmmmm. The Sacraments and the Mass mean NOTHING? Jesus gave us SPECIFIC instructions and some of those are NORMALLY celebrated in the Catholic Church.

I think the word Catholic means Universal. I think I need to find in the Bible where it says" we all need to be Catholic or else?" Odd I can't find that anywhere!!!

Since the Catholic Church EXISTED before the New Testament and the bible is a PRODUCT of the Catholic Church, you need to tell me what Church existed for the first 1,000 years of Christianity.

The BIBLE is only the PARTIAL Word of God. It does not contain everything the Apostles said and started. Scripture even tells you that. ;)

AFC would it be surprising to you a majority here think your Pope is a man nothing more?
He is a man. When He speaks excathedra, in terms of the faith and morals of the Church, He cannot error because the Holy Spirit will not let Him damage the Church. He goes to confession TWICE a week! Besides, he is the keeper of the Keys of Heaven, per Christ.

A Faithful Catholic, you seem to concede that the Pope is a man. By definition that makes him fallible. Not only fallible, but as a man INTRINSICALLY fallible. Who put this intrinsically fallible man in office? 'God'?.

Isn't this intrinsically fallible MAN put in place by a bunch of equally intrinsically fallible MEN? Do these fallible men not agonize through an intrinsically fallible PROCESS prone to petty jealousies, dilemmas, subtle smear campaigns, factions and back-room intrigue? Every now and then don't they even admit to their fallibility with little puffs of smoke up a chimney?

Is there anything even remotely metaphysical, mystic or 'Holy' in flavor about the way their final choice is arrived at through such a stridently EARTHLY process? Are not CEOs of Big Business Corporations often chosen through no less 'divine' a mechanism, and with no less metaphorical 'blood on the carpet'? Isn't it naive to suggest any involvement of so-called 'Divinity' in determining which fallible member of a fallible inner circle ultimately detaches himself to pace solemnly out on to a balcony overlooking the masses? Doesn't their massed response of superstitious hysteria defy all sense?

Throughout the history of the Catholic Church hasn't all sense been defied in this way 266 times? Have not these massed lapses of reason been honored with the rank of 'Pope'?

It is empty Pageantry.

There is a distinction between respect that is deserved, and respect that is not deserved. Respect for proven merit is deserved. Respect for its own sake is undeserved.

Isn't the pinnacle of the Catholic Church merely a Pope by trade, deserving of no more respect that you or me? Mustn't the same go for his utterances?

When he speaks 'infallibly' who decides the 'infallibility' of his ex-Cathedra utterances?

Might he not decide on that so-called infallibility for himself ... and decide fallibly? Doesn't a vast empire hang in un-earned awe on utterances of a fallible man when he purports to be infallible? Doesn't it cling thus by its fingernails to days that are infallibly numbered?

(and I just KNOW what you 'answer' to that will be!) But it's only a matter of time.

A Faithful Catholic, please explain the foolproof mechanism that makes it impossible for a Pope to speak fallibly just because he fallibly decides it is infallible.

Have Popes in past history always upheld the infallibility of each other?

Let's see you dismiss what I too have said as "Fat & Gristle", as in #331. That is sure to clarify everything.

Oh and BTW, A Faithful Catholic, contrary to what you say, Faith does NOT "trump Reason" ... ever! Without Reason, Faith is vagrant, unsupported and empty. Therein lies your only "Fat & Gristle".

Only WITH the support of Reason (note: NOT Sophistry) might Faith bask in some reflected glory inheriting a semblance of support for itself. In short, Faith alone is fantasy. Faith based on Reason may with luck inherit some secondary respectability.

Guest Knight of Darkness
Your post is full of "fat and gristle"

As is the area between your ears. I notice something interesting re: this controversy about the military, while you deny writing the original statement, you don't deny believing what it said.

Guest Knight of Darkness
Hmmmm. The Sacraments and the Mass mean NOTHING? Jesus gave us SPECIFIC instructions and some of those are NORMALLY celebrated in the Catholic Church.

That isn't what Satan said. I notice whenever someone brings up this topic, like I when I mentioned Matthew 25:40, you love to hide behind the Sacraments and Mass as being so all-important as if that was an excuse not to do anything else. My conclusion is you are one very selfish individual, and if it were left to you, there would be no such thing as Catholic charities. Hunter once pegged you perfectly when he observed there isn't an ounce of the milk of human kindness in you. And that, according to the words of Jesus Christ, is a very serious mortal sin. As you will eventually find out. 11.gif

A Faithful Catholic, you concede that the Pope is a man. By definition that makes him fallible. Not only fallible, but as a man INTRINSICALLY fallible. Who put this intrinsically fallible man in office? Certainly not God.

Who said he wasn't?

Not when it comes to Apostolic Christianity. Maybe in SECULAR areas, but not in the faith and morals of the Lord's Church. Faith and secularism. Don't confuse the two.....

Why did God entrust the Keys to the Kingdom of Heaven to Peter and made him the Shepard of His flock on earth? A fallible man? Yep. God HANDPICKED all sinners, INCLUDING JUDAS, who would betray Him and even a MURDERER, Paul of Tarsus, before Christ CONVERTED Him. You need to understand the relationship between Christ and sinners. He even gave His power to forgive sins to His Apostles, amongst other great gifts.

This intrinsically fallible MAN was put in place by a bunch of equally intrinsically fallible MEN. These fallible men agonized through an intrinsically fallible PROCESS prone to petty jealousies, dilemmas, subtle smear campaigns, factions and back-room intrigue. Every now and then they even admit their fallibility with little puffs of smoke up a chimney.

Why has the CC far outlasted any other "church" based on your perceptions then? Man could not have done it himself.

There is nothing even remotely metaphysical, mystic or 'Holy' in flavor about the way their final choice is arrived at through such a stridently EARTHLY process.

Do you know the ways of the Holy Spirit? I think not.

CEOs of Big Business Corporations are often chosen through no less 'divine' a mechanism, and with no less metaphorical 'blood on the carpet'. To suggest any involvement of so-called 'Divinity' in determining which fallible member of a fallible inner circle ultimately detaches himself to pace solemnly out on to a balcony overlooking the masses is naive. Their massed response of superstitious hysteria defies all sense.

Study the PENTECOST in terms of the Apostles.

Throughout the history of the Catholic Church all sense has been defied in this way 266 times. These massed lapses of reason have been honored with the name 'Pope'.

Jon, the name pope is just one of many names for the same office of the holder of the keys. Faith overrides reason. I am really starting to think you are a big time ATHEIST.

There is a distinction between respect that is deserved, and respect that is not deserved. Respect for proven merit is deserved. Respect for its own sake is undeserved. The pinnacle of the Catholic Church is merely a Pope by trade, deserving of no more respect that you or me. The same goes for his utterances.When he speaks 'infallibly' who decides the 'infallibility' of his ex-Cathedra utterances?

You are taking the Holy Spirit out of the picture, again.

The Holy Spirit does. The Pope has never reneged on any dogma in 2,000 years or anything said excathedra.

He may indeed decide on that so-called infallibility for himself ... and decide fallibly.

Never has happened in two thousand years.

A vast empire hangs in un-earned awe on utterances of a fallible man when he purports to be infallible. It clings thus by its fingernails to days that are infallibly numbered.(and I just KNOW what you 'answer' to that will be!) But it's only a matter of time.

You have no faith in the Word of God.

A Faithful Catholic, please explain the foolproof mechanism that makes it impossible for a Pope to speak fallibly just because he fallibly decides it is infallible. Have Popes in past history always upheld the infallibility of each other?

By the working of the Holy Spirit. The gates of hell, ERROR, have not crept into Catholic Dogma.

Correct. Many people do not understand INFALLIBILITY. They think everything that comes out of the Pope's mouth is infallible. WRONG. That make believe, heretical nun, I already disproved, big time. :lol:

Let's see you dismiss what I've said as "Fat & Gristle" as in #331. That is sure to clarify everything.

Your post is MORE intelligent than that one is.

That isn't what Satan said. I notice whenever someone brings up this topic, like I when I mentioned Matthew 25:40, you love to hide behind the Sacraments and Mass as being so all-important as if that was an excuse not to do anything else. My conclusion is you are one very selfish individual, and if it were left to you, there would be no such thing as Catholic charities. Hunter once pegged you perfectly when he observed there isn't an ounce of the milk of human kindness in you. And that, according to the words of Jesus Christ, is a very serious mortal sin. As you will eventually find out. 11.gif

There is nothing more important than the Sacraments and the Mass. After those, you love thy neighbor. I do in many ways such as instructing the ignorant. :blink:

Oh and BTW, A Faithful Catholic, contrary to what you say, Faith does NOT "trump Reason" ... ever! Without Reason, Faith is vagrant, unsupported and empty. Therein lies your only "Fat & Gristle".

Only WITH the support of Reason (note: NOT Sophistry) might Faith bask in some reflected glory inheriting a semblance of support for itself. In short, Faith alone is fantasy. Faith based on Reason may with luck inherit some secondary respectability.

Jon, what religion are you? Exactly. I am very curious.

How much can you take away AND STILL retain salvation? I don't have any idea.

A Faithful Catholic, over many weeks you have repeated word-for-word this same personal cliche' many times like a catch-all.

Therefore you really have no idea of the true State of Play. It follows that Protestants by and large can be every bit as destined for Salvation as Catholics. After all, by your own admission you can't say otherwise.

Doesn't that make all your stern sermonizing no more than the self-indulgent hysteria of a Chicken Little?

A Faithful Catholic, over many weeks you have repeated word-for-word this same personal cliche' many times like a catch-all.

Therefore you really have no idea of the true State of Play. It follows that Protestants by and large can be every bit as destined for Salvation as Catholics. After all, by your own admission you can't say otherwise.

Doesn't that make all your stern sermonizing no more than the self-indulgent hysteria of a Chicken Little?

No, Jon. When you have the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, you have all that was handed down by the Apostles. Now, depending on the heretical denom, there is every kind of error: TWO big ones come to mind instantly: The acceptance of abortion as well as homosexual acts in teachings and doctrines.

There are two things that prove Satan is active in this world:

1.) Falsehoods

2.) The utter contempt for human life. Abortion falls under this, especially.

Jon, what religion are you? Exactly. I am very curious.

A Faithful Catholic, it has been long said that "a picture tells a thousand words".

So I'll economize.

A few of these are among my most revered family Heirlooms.

They had a lot to do with the mid 19th century migration of my

Germanic Forebears to Australia.

croixzw3.gif

How's your History?

Guest Knight of Darkness
Stop looking for something when there is nothing.

Nice sidestep, but it doesn't wash. You didn't answer my point, you simply ducked and ran.

A Faithful Catholic, it has been long said that "a picture tells a thousand words".

So I'll economize.

A few of these are among my most revered family Heirlooms.

They had a lot to do with the mid 19th century migration of my

Germanic Forebears to Australia.

croixzw3.gif

How's your History?

Jon, you got me. :lol: You changed it to GERMANIC. Not sure, are you?

No, Jon. When you have the FULLNESS of the TRUTH, you have all that was handed down by the Apostles. Now, depending on the heretical denom, there is every kind of error: TWO big ones come to mind instantly: The acceptance of abortion as well as homosexual acts in teachings and doctrines.

There are two things that prove Satan is active in this world:

1.) Falsehoods

2.) The utter contempt for human life. Abortion falls under this, especially.

You run a risk throwing 'denom' at a dyslexic. I've told you that before.

And if you listened even half as much as you talk, you would know my views on abortion.

Guest Knight of Darkness
After those, you love thy neighbor. I do in many ways such as instructing the ignorant. :blink:

And having the same said ignorant telling you to go suck an egg. Yeah, that really will satisfy the requirements of Matthew 25:40. What you don't get stupido is part of loving God is what you do to others as described in that piece of Scripture. So by failing so completely in that regard, you've also failed to some degree at least in loving God. Go back and read it again dumbbell, but then again, you won't, you're a very selfish person.

You run a risk throwing 'denom' at a dyslexic. I've told you that before.

And if you listened even half as much as you talk, you would know my views on abortion.

Doesn't matter your views. When you have HORRENDOUS SATANIC errors being taught in heretical denoms, that goes beyond words. It is one thing to have sinners, it is quite worse to teach others to sin.

Archived