Can You Be Christian Without Going To Church?

Guest Guest

A priest's sinfulness does not stop an action of God. ELEMENTARY.

What is ELEMENTARY is that when you discover pedophiles in the midst of your priesthood, you don't cover it up and move them around. You are passing it off as personal sin, when in fact it is a sin of the institution and it's highest leadership. That is institutional rot.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always maintained that Cloistered Celibacy is a potential haven for deviates. Regardless of Denomination it sets the stage, placing temptation in the way while offering shelter from scrutiny. Because any normal person with an ounce of commonsense would understand that, yet Churches have 'failed to grasp' this obvious truth for centuries it can only be because admitting to it doesn't suit their agenda. That makes them complicit.

I have always maintained that Cloistered Celibacy is a potential haven for deviates. Regardless of Denomination it sets the stage, placing temptation in the way while offering shelter from scrutiny. Because any normal person with an ounce of commonsense would understand that, yet Churches have 'failed to grasp' this obvious truth for centuries it can only be because admitting to it doesn't suit their agenda. That makes them complicit.

The OBVIOUS TRUTH is this:

1.) Celibacy is biblical, per St. Paul.

2.) Satan will ALWAYS tempt us, even clergy. The Lord gave His Church, the one He founded on Peter, His graces in the SACRAMENTS, to strengthen us in the Christian Fight against EVIL. Those who DO NOT partake of the VALID Sacraments are at a DISTINCT disadvantage compared to those that do. That is just the way it is.

3.) Removing celibacy will not remove deviants. Becoming a priest doesn't make you deviant. Neither does celibacy because it is BIBLICAL.

3.) Removing celibacy will not remove deviants. Becoming a priest doesn't make you deviant. Neither does celibacy because it is BIBLICAL.

You trotted out the same banality weeks ago and I'm going to give you the same answer I gave weeks ago:

OF COURSE "Becoming a priest doesn't make you deviant"!!

It is offensive of you to think that you need enlighten me to that as if it's some startling new revelation to me.

It was offensive the first time you tried that.

It is doubly offensive the second time you're trying that.

Don't tell me that as if I need to be told. I DON'T.

Now, I DEALT with that disclaimer of yours before. See if you can remember what I had to say about it then instead of prattling on now as if you're telling me something new and amazing that I need to be told. You're NOT ahead of anyone on this, A Faithful Catholic, least of all me! TRY TO CATCH UP!!

What an ignorant set of questions, A Faithful Catholic!

OF COURSE no one would call a Jew a 'prot'.

OF COURSE no one would call a Muslim a Jew.

OF COURSE no one would call glove a shoe, either!

SO WHAT!!

You're just stating the painfully obvious as if it means something. It doesn't. NOT A THING!

All you succeed in doing is to insult the intelligence of normal readers with empty word-play.

Would you call a Catholic a 'prot'?

Rubbish! Those words describe the PEOPLE themselves ... NOT their 'beliefs'.

The words that describe their BELIEFS you have yet to even MENTION!!

Don't you know that the BELIEF of the Jews is 'JUDAISM'?

Don't you know that the BELIEF of Muslims is 'ISLAM'??

Have YOU ever heard of a BELIEF called 'prot'??

Has ANYONE ever heard of a BELIEF called 'prot'??

Yet you said the word 'prot' describes a BELIEF!

Do you now want to "use a word to describe" your false statement?

Do yourself a favor and describe for what it is, before others do!

The bottom line right here is that you use the word 'prot' TO DESCRIBE PEOPLE,

just as the words 'Jew' and 'Muslim' DESCRIBE PEOPLE, not their beliefs.

Which brings your pathetic little dance full circle back to where we started ...

the BELIEF of 'Protestants' is Christianity.

There is no such thing as a 'prot' except in your vocabulary of SPITE!

If you try the "prots is shorthand" lie again I will dance you around the ballroom

about it again and again until you learn to be civil and use the same name Protestants

call themselves ... just like the rest of us use the same name for Catholics that Catholics

call themselves.

Are you ready for another twenty pages on this?

;)

You trotted out the same banality weeks ago and I'm going to give you the same answer I gave weeks ago:

Then what does, Jon?

It is offensive of you to think that you need enlighten me to that as if it's some startling new revelation to me.

It was offensive the first time you tried that.

It is doubly offensive the second time you're trying that.

Don't tell me that as if I need to be told. I DON'T.

How does celibacy, which is BIBLICAL in the priesthood, make the priest deviant?

Now, I DEALT with that disclaimer of yours before. See if you can remember what I had to say about it then instead of prattling on now as if you're telling me something new and amazing that I need to be told. You're NOT ahead of anyone on this, A Faithful Catholic, least of all me! TRY TO CATCH UP!!

I have never made that CONNECTION that following God's own breathed Words makes a priest deviant. I don't get it.

Then what does, Jon?

I covered that in diligent detail weeks ago. To summarize, the deviance is innate to the individual. Some carry it into the Priesthood. Are some memory neurons starting to stir yet?

How does celibacy, which is BIBLICAL in the priesthood, make the priest deviant?

That's not the part of your quote that I highlighted. Nevertheless I'll give your reply the benefit of the doubt and digress into it enough to say that Celibacy doesn't "make the Priest deviant" EITHER. Any the wiser yet?

I have never made that CONNECTION that following God's own breathed Words makes a priest deviant. I don't get it.

I've never made that connection either.

And you're right ... you DON'T get it.

Then what does, Jon?

I covered that in diligent detail weeks ago. To summarize, the deviance is innate to the individual. Some carry it into the Priesthood. Are some memory neurons starting to stir yet?

Innate to the INDIVIDUAL? Isn't it a choice? I believe it is.

That's not the part of your quote that I highlighted. Nevertheless I'll give your reply the benefit of the doubt and digress into it enough to say that Celibacy doesn't "make the Priest deviant" EITHER. Any the wiser yet?

It is an EVIL TEMPTATION that those people fell into by their own choices. This includes practicing homosexual priests. The Church IS NOT TO BLAME for carrying out BIBLICAL APPROVED practices in terms of celibacy. Getting rid of celibacy WILL NOT ease the problem, either.

I've never made that connection either.

And you're right ... you DON'T get it.

The only people to blame for the choices the deviants make are the deviants themselves.

A Faithful Catholic, I've said before all the same things about this that I could say now. You are already saying the same things now that you said before. That previous discussion changed neither of our views, and nor would another. You are locked into Black & White thinking and I for one will not be dragged down that road against my better judgment. You categorically deny all contributory factors. Knowing your capacity for adaption to newly uncovered facts and/or commonsense, I will not devote any more precious time to this topic with you at your behest. If someone else here more enlightened than you cares to take it up with me I might be prepared to discuss it with them but not with you. You can heckle from the sidelines if you like.

Make of that what you will.

A Faithful Catholic, I've said before all the same things about this that I could say now. You are already saying the same things now that you said before. That previous discussion changed neither of our views, and nor would another.

Ya never know!

You are locked into Black & White thinking and I for one will not be dragged down that road against my better judgment.

You mean that I believe in EVIL temptation? Yep.

You categorically deny all contributory factors.

Doesn't Jesus? Jesus said the Prince of this world ALREADY stands condemned. So that leaves US and our FREE WILL. It is NOT a human trait to be deviant. It doesn't come with "the package" It is not natural to be deviant. This OBVIOUSLY includes "condoned" SODOMY in society.

Knowing your capacity for adaption to newly uncovered facts and/or commonsense, I will not devote any more precious time to this topic with you at your behest.

Adapt to what? I know Christ's teachings. They don't change with the times. Just like Uncle Geo said, "There is LITTLE wiggle room in the Faith" That's a good thing. Humans tend to push the envelope.

If someone else here more enlightened than you cares to take it up with me I might be prepared to discuss it with them but not with you. You can heckle from the sidelines if you like.

Make of that what you will.

See how you are? You can't blame the person. Guess what? I can. No one put a gun to those deviant's heads! :o

Are you loosing steam? :blink:

Guest Liguori

What is this hysteria about the word Mooslim that I keep reading on this thread? AFC is condemned because he used an "insulting" word to those who believe in the Koran? I invite all of those hysterical commentators to take a little trip to Barnes & Noble. Get a coffee, chill out and look through a copy of the Koran. In it you will find the teachings that demand that those who are not believers in Allah should either be forced to convert or BE KILLED. That is the official belief of Islam. Now, who in their right mind would be concerned about insulting a religion that calls for our murder (assuming of course you are not a believer of Allah).

Possibly you should ask the families of those killed in the Trade Center if they are concerned about insulting Muslims by using the word Mooslims. Maybe you could speak to some of the Sisters who worked with Mother Theresa. They've witnessed the tortures and murders of Catholics by Muslims in India and other Muslim countries where there is no freedom for Christians to believe in the true God. I wonder if they'd be all bent out of shape over a stupid word. And how about our service people in Iraq - do you think they'd be concerned about insulting Muslim killers? Maybe you could speak to that heroic soldier who lives in Windsor. You know, the man who's face was almost burned off, who lost limbs in the road side bomb that blew up his vehicle?

Why are you all consumed with political correctness? Is it just to mock AFC? From what I've seen on BCVoice you don't stand a chance with the man. He will not be beaten down as his faith is strong. Hopefully yours will be too by the time the "Mooslims" are in control of our country, because you might have to make the soul saving decision to either believe in Christ (including His Church), or burn forever in hell with the rest of the pagans.

What is ELEMENTARY is that when you discover pedophiles in the midst of your priesthood, you don't cover it up and move them around. You are passing it off as personal sin, when in fact it is a sin of the institution and it's highest leadership. That is institutional rot.

You have yet to answer.

What is this hysteria about the word Mooslim that I keep reading on this thread? AFC is condemned because he used an "insulting" word to those who believe in the Koran? I invite all of those hysterical commentators to take a little trip to Barnes & Noble. Get a coffee, chill out and look through a copy of the Koran. In it you will find the teachings that demand that those who are not believers in Allah should either be forced to convert or BE KILLED. That is the official belief of Islam. Now, who in their right mind would be concerned about insulting a religion that calls for our murder (assuming of course you are not a believer of Allah).

Possibly you should ask the families of those killed in the Trade Center if they are concerned about insulting Muslims by using the word Mooslims. Maybe you could speak to some of the Sisters who worked with Mother Theresa. They've witnessed the tortures and murders of Catholics by Muslims in India and other Muslim countries where there is no freedom for Christians to believe in the true God. I wonder if they'd be all bent out of shape over a stupid word. And how about our service people in Iraq - do you think they'd be concerned about insulting Muslim killers? Maybe you could speak to that heroic soldier who lives in Windsor. You know, the man who's face was almost burned off, who lost limbs in the road side bomb that blew up his vehicle?

Why are you all consumed with political correctness? Is it just to mock AFC? From what I've seen on BCVoice you don't stand a chance with the man. He will not be beaten down as his faith is strong. Hopefully yours will be too by the time the "Mooslims" are in control of our country, because you might have to make the soul saving decision to either believe in Christ (including His Church), or burn forever in hell with the rest of the pagans.

Are you a cat or a prot? Do you use the "n" word to describe certain people?

It's interesting you mention our service people in Iraq. We are supposed to be helping to build democracy there, right? Are we planning to eliminate all the Muslims first, since by your definition, they are all murderers? As a mother of someone who is serving in Iraq, my son would be disgusted with your cowardly reference to what he is doing as somehow related to your sick hatred of anything not in line with your religious beliefs. How is your hatred any holier than Muslim fanatics? Here's a news flash, buddy! He's not fighting and risking his life for the Catholics Church! Get a clue!

If you think AFC's derogatory comments are limited to just "mooslims", you have not been reading. And, THAT, is the point.

Does it make you feel good to be filled with hate towards an entire group of people?

I have read some of the post's and it is pretty obivous to me that the simple fact here is "You're Brainwashed."

This thinking of yours is no different than any religious cult, Jim Jones to mention one well known.

I'm surprised at the attention you receive.

I do read however with interest the decline in members of the Catholic church and the lack of joiner's in the priesthood. I see you do not understand the reasons for this but finally people come to realize faith does not equal church, it has been so diminished by corruption and sin and yes, big business, the followers are falling away.

Your replies redundant, but then again that is one which is brainwashed must do to stay in that moment.

Well, according to AFC, "prots" are below catholics and will be judged by God accordingly. So, child molesting priests are due more respect, according to him, then our "prot" service men and women. Nice. Real nice.

Much of what you say in your post is ABSOLUTELY correct. Why? Because most people who are TOTALLY ignorant of Islam have NEVER read the Koran or the Hadith. They don't have a CLUE. That false "prophet" just showed up on the scene, claimed he was from God, and wrote a book. He was a murdering warrior, bent on the destruction of the Jews, first and foremost. Gee wiz....isn't Israel now surrounded by enemies, who just happen to be Muslim? Second, he went after Christians. Convert or die was certainly the mantra in those days. I don't know if this happened before or after he "married" that 9 year old girl Aisha.......

Well, according to AFC, "prots" are below catholics and will be judged by God accordingly.

They will be. Especially, those that condoned abortions and homosexual acts in their teachings. Wolves in sheep's clothing.

So, child molesting priests are due more respect, according to him, then our "prot" service men and women. Nice. Real nice.

Never said that. I said in terms of the FAITH. The rebellious churches do not have the fullness of the truth. That's a fact. They follow doctrines made up by the heretics of the 1500s.

You might want to have a gander on this site and learn something before you make silly and ignorant comments again:

http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm

What is ELEMENTARY is that when you discover pedophiles in the midst of your priesthood, you don't cover it up and move them around.

First of all, I didn't discover anybody and I don't belong to a priesthood......

You are passing it off as personal sin,

It is personal sin. Each individual will answer for his/her unconfessed sins.

when in fact it is a sin of the institution and it's highest leadership. That is institutional rot.

It is the sin of the people of the Church, not the Faith teachings, which are PERFECT.

You go look here and TRY find sexual molestations and cover ups and such...this contains the FAITH TEACHINGS:

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/ccc_toc.htm

What is funny, however, or really sad, is that you are ignorant of the scriptures. Jesus said that the Church He founded on Peter, would contain "wheat and chaff" Saints and sinners. Maybe you just didn't know. :blink:

First of all, I didn't discover anybody and I don't belong to a priesthood......

It is personal sin. Each individual will answer for his/her unconfessed sins.

It is the sin of the people of the Church, not the Faith teachings, which are PERFECT.

You go look here and TRY find sexual molestations and cover ups and such...this contains the FAITH TEACHINGS:

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/ccc_toc.htm

What is funny, however, or really sad, is that you are ignorant of the scriptures. Jesus said that the Church He founded on Peter, would contain "wheat and chaff" Saints and sinners. Maybe you just didn't know. :blink:

The pope has asked all the cardinals to return to Rome. You know how they got them to come back? They told the there was going to be a performance by the Vienna Boys Choir! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I find it interesting what you answer and what you don't. One thing given to me with life was a brain to use.

Common sense tells me never look to a "Blind Follower" of any sort for you shall find nothing more than empty being led by words but no substance of his own..

You don't seem to have the sense to look beyond your beliefs, that AFC is a Blind Follower,and no one should listen for you are no different than those who have come before you, those cult like religious nuts.

I guess the best description in the work world for me, you are an "EMPTY SUIT!"

I find it interesting what you answer and what you don't.

I try to answer as best I can in regards to the Faith handed down by the Apostles.

One thing given to me with life was a brain to use.

So was I.

Common sense tells me never look to a "Blind Follower" of any sort for you shall find nothing more than empty being led by words but no substance of his own..

I don't make up my own God and Faith.

You don't seem to have the sense to look beyond your beliefs, that AFC is a Blind Follower,and no one should listen for you are no different than those who have come before you, those cult like religious nuts.

What I think CANNOT over rule the FAITH.

I guess the best description in the work world for me, you are an "EMPTY SUIT!"

...and you would be a FAITHLESS person.

In your eyes faithless, best you can do?

I can judge you however, you started this whole stupid greater than thou nonsense. It's obvious to me you wouldn't understand anything beyond the written word that you so blindly follow.

How sad, you're in a protected shell of your own making apart from the world you can't function in otherwise.

But hey, what ever floats your boat..but you shouldn't be here preaching to others what you have found works in your own protected little world.

You seem to feel you have the right to judge what someone may post, who gives you that right, can't you even admit what a narcisisst you are?

As I said you started this whole "I am Mighty" piece so take whats coming to you, in my book you deserve it.My poor Lord must shake his head for the likes of you, preaching beyond what you have a right to do.

In your thin little brain there will be very few to reach that great place at the end of life, what oh what shall the rest of the world do?

You must be a barrel of laughs at a party.

Archived