Can You Be Christian Without Going To Church?

Guest Guest

Should we be frightened of those who are fanatical to the point of being mentally ill?

History can help answer that one for us.

In 1208, Pope Innocent III raised an army of over 20,000 knights and peasants eager to kill and pillage their way through France. When the city of Beziers fell to the besieging armies of Christendom, soldiers asked papal legate Arnald Amairic how to tell the faithful apart from the infidels. He uttered his famous words: "Kill them all. God will know his own." Such depths of contempt and hatred are truly frightening, but they are only possible in the context of a religious doctrine of eternal punishment for unbelievers and eternal reward for believers. And in Chatty Catty's opinion, "believers" would be defined as those belonging to the cat religion.

Well ain't that something? I already know AFC's reply (as he sounds of a broken record):

People are sinners. The FULLNESS and TRUTH persists.

Funny is, I thought he said that the pope is the pope because God anointed him or something like that. If what you say is true above, how does that go to prove that the pope is infallable?

Second response, something about being MORTAL.

Why do you respond to this guy?

NIV

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well ain't that something? I already know AFC's reply (as he sounds of a broken record):

Funny is, I thought he said that the pope is the pope because God anointed him or something like that. If what you say is true above, how does that go to prove that the pope is infallable?

NIV

I know I should ignore him, but sometimes it is just too much fun beating the crap out of him.

But, if everyone else ignores him, I will definitely do the same. I would love to see one big, huge communal SHUNNING of the guy!

Church is a good way to reconnect spiritually with the Lord our God. To remind us all we are human - to be compassionate and empathic towards our neighbor. Organized religion is not an excuse to be malicious to others around us.

Humans are fallible- god is not -it is a faithful and religious person to recognize and strive to be closer to god by learning to be favored in the eyes of God by living life how God has taught us (or how God sent Jesus to come to this earth to teach us how we should all live and relate to one another). Only through love and compassion can a human become closer to he who has created us human children in his likeness.

Since Humans are not perfect nor are they gods they cannot see how they are not godlike at times and would need guidance from an institution such as church or an "organized religion" to guide them back to the path of righteousness.

Religion teaches to love, jesus tried to show us how to love- humans learn and live hate thorugh criticism, hatred, bossiness, misunderstanding the other and negative emotions - that leads them away from true knowlege of God or Love in our lives.

God is simple, The good life is simple, its love. The church was established to guide humans to the path of love - Fallible Human beings created a church that was not pure and therefore the negative things surrounding organized religions or "institutions".

Simply discussing religion and Godly ideals with anger defeats the purpose of being a good person in the eyes of God- because God and religion is not anger but understanding.

People have this funny notion that Jesus came to start a peace camp, hand out bibles, and promote group hugs. WRONG. Jesus gave us CERTAIN commands that we need to carry out....and ways to FIGHT SIN.

Why did the AFC person say it did not start this original thread? It surely did. The holier than thou part

it surely did. Ask yourselves, "Why would someone take the time to preach it's beliefs on here?"

From so many before me, it damns all religions with a flick of a word. If I believed Christ to be so empty of thought such as this person, why would anyone bother?

To all who sit in their churches no matter their religious belief's praying, be it any day of the week or home or driving your car, if your not Catholic and you do not follow this lunacy all wonderful loving people be damned all over the world.

Obsession and addiction seems to fit, a straight jacket as well.

It's silly to bother to post, but in a way it may be helping, for this person may seek help in the long run.

We know the answers that it will post, it's a Hitler only in a religious state of mind living in a place of being superior.

Let's watch for the greater than thou answers.

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to heaven, unless you are TOTALLY ignorant of Him, through no fault of your own. Jesus set up His Church on Peter and gave Him the Keys to heaven. Peter was the FIRST Bishop of Rome and Pope Benedict is the 266th Bishop of Rome.

How easy does it get? :D

[/b]Yes. It's too bad Chatty Catty (AFC) only wants to ridicule other Christian faiths and tell everyone how right he is and how he can prove it. Kind of ironic, isn't it -- that he uses "faith" in his registered name but does not seem to have the faintest clue what the definition of it is. ;)

Faith DOES NOT mean accepting and CONDONING false teachings and errors, whether in other parts of Christianity or not. :D

Are you behaving in a Christian manner when you refer to other Christians in a snide way and tell them repeatedly that your faith is the only true faith? Of course not. But go to your cat church, munch on a cracker, swig some wine, bless yourself and you are "faithful" in the eyes of the poop! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proclaiming the TRUTH is being Christian. Your making fun of 2,000 years of Christianity. :D

I know I should ignore him, but sometimes it is just too much fun beating the crap out of him.

But, if everyone else ignores him, I will definitely do the same. I would love to see one big, huge communal SHUNNING of the guy!

You haven't beat the crap out of me! You are just pretending to be a mean Nun who hates spelling errors! :D

NIV

1.) All people are sinners. Pope Benedict 16th is said to go to CONFESSION twice a week!

2.) Not everything the Pope states is INFALLIBLE. Many people don't understand that. Pope Benedict has YET to say anything "ex-cathedra" The Pope is only infallible when he declares it and ONLY in terms of the Faith and Morals of the Church. Certainly NOT in politics or other matters.....

3.) The Pope will be judged much harsher considering the great responsibility of guiding the Church and sheparding souls he has been entrusted too.

4.) The Pope is the Successor of Peter and the Bishop of Rome.

1.) All people are sinners. Pope Benedict 16th is said to go to CONFESSION twice a week!

2.) Not everything the Pope states is INFALLIBLE. Many people don't understand that. Pope Benedict has YET to say anything "ex-cathedra" The Pope is only infallible when he declares it and ONLY in terms of the Faith and Morals of the Church. Certainly NOT in politics or other matters.....

So, the poop who encouraged the slaughter of those referenced earlier, is okey dokey? :huh:

3.) The Pope will be judged much harsher considering the great responsibility of guiding the Church and sheparding souls he has been entrusted too.

The last two points -- # 3 and # 4 , sound like some kind of weird, cult-like chant. Do you go around muttering that to yourself all day? :unsure:

Since you have accused me of being a "mean nun" and since you have also accused me of going "bonkers" over your atrocious spelling and grammar, I have decided to be kind to you tonight. In order for you not to be guilty of lying (which you apparently are guilty quite often), I have highlighted your mistakes in red for you. This should make you do a happy dance in your chair. Consider it my gift to you, oh stupid one! ;)

Since you have accused me of being a "mean nun" and since you have also accused me of going "bonkers" over your atrocious spelling and grammar, I have decided to be kind to you tonight. In order for you not to be guilty of lying (which you apparently are guilty quite often), I have highlighted your mistakes in red for you. This should make you do a happy dance in your chair. Consider it my gift to you, oh stupid one! ;)

This is what YOU do. This is the ONLY thing you do. I don't lie. Never have. :D

"At the beginning of his pontificate, he focused on the Albigenses, a sect that had been growing in southern France. Two Cistercian monks were sent to Albigenses in France to teach them the faith and dispute their teachings. However, when the papal legate was assassinated, an act of war, Innocent called upon France to suppress the Albigenses. Under the leadership of Simon of Montfort a campaign was launched, but this was soon turned by the northern French barons into a war of conquest."

This is what YOU do. This is the ONLY thing you do. I don't lie. Never have. :D

And yet, you throw out accusations of me -- that the "Only" thing I do is criticize your grammar or spelling. I maintain that you are simply saying that to try to divert attention to any challenges I make about your so called knowledge of "truth." If I am wrong, there is a simple way to prove it. Back up what you are accusing me of -- show me where I went "bonkers" over your spelling and grammar?

Just now, on another thread, I did highlight a couple of boo-boos of yours -- as a gift to you to try to minimize the LYING you apparently enjoy engaging in.

Other than my freebie, that was given AFTER your accusations, please prove you are not a liar -- show us all where I went "bonkers" on your spelling and grammar?

Be a man. If you have the courage of your convictions, don't hide behind false accusations in an attempt to distract people.

And yet, you throw out accusations of me -- that the "Only" thing I do is criticize your grammar or spelling. I maintain that you are simply saying that to try to divert attention to any challenges I make about your so called knowledge of "truth." If I am wrong, there is a simple way to prove it. Back up what you are accusing me of -- show me where I went "bonkers" over your spelling and grammar?

Just now, on another thread, I did highlight a couple of boo-boos of yours -- as a gift to you to try to minimize the LYING you apparently enjoy engaging in.

Other than my freebie, that was given AFTER your accusations, please prove you are not a liar -- show us all where I went "bonkers" on your spelling and grammar?

Be a man. If you have the courage of your convictions, don't hide behind false accusations in an attempt to distract people.

Never been proven a LIAR.

I misspelled a version of the mooslim word and I get called a LIAR. BIG DEAL.

All you go after is spelling and grammar mistakes. You continue to do this....:D

People have this funny notion that Jesus came to start a peace camp, hand out bibles, and promote group hugs. WRONG. Jesus gave us CERTAIN commands that we need to carry out....and ways to FIGHT SIN.

Oh, don't worry. We are all very aware -- and you are a direct reminder -- of the anti-love and hate-promoting religion you belong to. And judging by the great work there of the poop in France, the cats will not hesitate to kill everyone in their way.

Oh, don't worry. We are all very aware -- and you are a direct reminder -- of the anti-love and hate-promoting religion you belong to. And judging by the great work there of the poop in France, the cats will not hesitate to kill everyone in their way.

Anti LOVE, Hate Promoting? Wrong answer. You're funny. At least I know you're not a history major and certainly not a theology major, either! :D That was an act of war those people did.

Second, you find ONE thing wrong in this book listed here. Go ahead. YOU WON'T find it:

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/ccc_toc.htm

That is the teaching of the CC and is PERFECT. :D :D

Never been proven a LIAR.

I misspelled a version of the mooslim word and I get called a LIAR. BIG DEAL.

All you go after is spelling and grammar mistakes. You continue to do this....:D

I have nothing to do with your "mooslim" fiasco. Why are you bringing up that sad, old thing again?

Or, do you plan on throwing the "mooslim" thing up every time you feel you are losing an argument. I'll grant you, it is a good ploy -- it's a safe bet not many would feel any tears for calling those people a slang term. I notice, however, you never fall back on the old "prots" ploy. What's the matter, afraid not as many will sympathize with you if you use that card?

But let's try to stay on track, shall we? Where exactly have I "Only" pointed out your spelling and grammatical errors?

You cannot answer this, because you know it is untrue. Seriously, I would respect you a little (not much, though), if you didn't react like a ninny whenever someone disagrees with you by trying to convince people the only thing you are accused of is spelling and grammatical errors! As you like to say -- "Come on!" What will you do next when challenged? Scream out -- "Everyone -- look behind you -- there's a monster!"

Anti LOVE, Hate Promoting? Wrong answer. You're funny. At least I know you're not a history major and certainly not a theology major, either! :D That was an act of war those people did.

Are you saying the reference to your poop and what happened in France is untrue?

I have nothing to do with your "mooslim" fiasco. Why are you bringing up that sad, old thing again?

Or, do you plan on throwing the "mooslim" thing up every time you feel you are losing an argument. I'll grant you, it is a good ploy -- it's a safe bet not many would feel any tears for calling those people a slang term. I notice, however, you never fall back on the old "prots" ploy. What's the matter, afraid not as many will sympathize with you if you use that card?

Nope. I am not losing anything. You can't prove I am a LIAR in any regard. The only time that was brought up is when I misspelled a word during that HYSTERICAL NONSENSE people dragged out for many pages.

But let's try to stay on track, shall we? Where exactly have I "Only" pointed out your spelling and grammatical errors?

You cannot answer this, because you know it is untrue. Seriously, I would respect you a little (not much, though), if you didn't react like a ninny whenever someone disagrees with you by trying to convince people the only thing you are accused of is spelling and grammatical errors! As you like to say -- "Come on!" What will you do next when challenged? Scream out -- "Everyone -- look behind you -- there's a monster!"

You brought up my spelling mistakes a few posts ago----I couldn't care less about them. :D

Nope. I am not losing anything. You can't prove I am a LIAR in any regard. The only time that was brought up is when I misspelled a word during that HYSTERICAL NONSENSE people dragged out for many pages.

You brought up my spelling mistakes a few posts ago----I couldn't care less about them. :D

Wrongo, Chatty Catty. I pointed out ONE grammatical error. Your response was that you were not an English Major.

I feel a song coming on that seems to fit your childish behavior -- "Liar! Liar! Pants on fire1"

I don't lie!!! :D

If that were true, you wouldn't keep dodging the repeated requests for you to back-up your false accusations made towards me.

A person who throws out accusations and cannot back them up, is .... drum roll ... A LIAR!

I already have. You pointed out my spelling mistakes. :D

And there you have it, folks. Liar! Liar!

Thanks, Chatty Catty! You have proved my point, as usual!

Archived