1-1/4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise *

1/4 cup water

1 teaspoon tomato paste

1 tablespoon melted butter

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon sugar

1/4 teaspoon paprika

dash cayenne pepper

Using a fork or a whisk, blend all ingredients together thoroughly until well mixed and the sauce is smooth. Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend. Bring to room temperature before serving.

The sauce will NOT taste right if you don't let it sit overnight. And please don't try to substitute ketchup for the tomato paste! The water is needed to bring this to the right consistency.

* Hellmann's is called "Best Foods" west of the Rockie Mountains. Use other mayos at your peril - many cheap brands make the sauce taste too much like mayo.

Do you remeber the name of the rest? or the plate you had I might be able to come up with something if I had a little more info! did you try to research the dish you had?

Do you remeber the name of the rest? or the plate you had I might be able to come up with something if I had a little more info! did you try to research the dish you had?

Thanks guys!

I ordered filet and scallops. The chef gave everyone a little dish of the white sauce, regardless of what they ordered. I put all the steak, veggies and rice together and mixed in the sauce, and it was stinkin delicious!

Archived