Warning

Guest Guest

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah that guy is also a piece of work!! Something should be done with all these shady used car dealers in the area. They should be held accountable for their cars.

Shady or not, you buy a cheap car and you expect the guy to put more into it than you paid for it. You should expect things may go wrong with a used car. There's a reason it sold so cheap.

We bought a car from Tony as did my daughter..all his cars have high mileage..he does not hide this. Most of the cars are at least 5-10 years old to boot. He is VERY CLEAR when you purchase a car from him on those payment plans that he will only fix something if it causes the car not to run-and even then he only covers it for 3 months...if there are "other problems" with the car like bad tires and such, you deal with it BEFORE YOU BUY THE CAR..take it for a damn test drive.. IT'S VERY CLEAR. My daughter never had a problem with her car and is still driving it today..well wait..she did have one problem. She took it to Circuit city to have a new stereo put in and they connected a bare wire to her alternator which kept making the alternator short out. (and we found this out from our mechanic-not Tony)..we called Tony and he put in the new alternator for free that was 7 years ago..When me and the spouse bought a car from him we KNEW it had high mileage as well, and knew the terms of his contract..we opted to pay outright for the car (2800 bucks) because it was just a beater car in case our other vehicle (that had high mileage and alot of repairs)hit the skids and we were left with nothing...the car that had 150,000 miles on it lasted us for 4 years..well worth the money, the only problem we had with it was that one of the back rear doors would stick and not open....

So what if he's Italian..I know alot of IRISH guys, and POLISH guys who sell cars and aren't as upfront about their stuff as Tony was with us..yeh, the guys who work for him are kind of shifty looking but we never had a problem with them. Go see Justin at Just-in-time and see what he has to offer you..lol

Maybe if you didn't want to get away with paying little or nothing for a car you wouldn't be that demanding..OH, AND FYI..all the flood cars were trashed, not cleaned up and resold...get your facts straight. Go to Simmons, get one of those approved loans with no money down and pay 400 bucks a month for the next six years..by the time you pay off the car (at 22% interest and end up paying 10,000 more than the car is actually worth by the time you're done)it will be up at Gary's U-pullit anyway..as they have HIGH MILEAGE, HIGH PRICES AND GREEDY SALESMEN. Or save your freakin money and buy a brand new car with all new warranties if you're that damn picky. I'm just glad to have a beater that gets me where I need to go.

PS..my brother bought a car off tony and it ran great for 6 years as well..high mileage and all.

Shady or not, you buy a cheap car and you expect the guy to put more into it than you paid for it. You should expect things may go wrong with a used car. There's a reason it sold so cheap.

I expect the guy to be a man of his word and stand behind his car.

We bought a car from Tony as did my daughter..all his cars have high mileage..he does not hide this. Most of the cars are at least 5-10 years old to boot. He is VERY CLEAR when you purchase a car from him on those payment plans that he will only fix something if it causes the car not to run-and even then he only covers it for 3 months...if there are "other problems" with the car like bad tires and such, you deal with it BEFORE YOU BUY THE CAR..take it for a damn test drive.. IT'S VERY CLEAR. My daughter never had a problem with her car and is still driving it today..well wait..she did have one problem. She took it to Circuit city to have a new stereo put in and they connected a bare wire to her alternator which kept making the alternator short out. (and we found this out from our mechanic-not Tony)..we called Tony and he put in the new alternator for free that was 7 years ago..When me and the spouse bought a car from him we KNEW it had high mileage as well, and knew the terms of his contract..we opted to pay outright for the car (2800 bucks) because it was just a beater car in case our other vehicle (that had high mileage and alot of repairs)hit the skids and we were left with nothing...the car that had 150,000 miles on it lasted us for 4 years..well worth the money, the only problem we had with it was that one of the back rear doors would stick and not open....

So what if he's Italian..I know alot of IRISH guys, and POLISH guys who sell cars and aren't as upfront about their stuff as Tony was with us..yeh, the guys who work for him are kind of shifty looking but we never had a problem with them. Go see Justin at Just-in-time and see what he has to offer you..lol

Maybe if you didn't want to get away with paying little or nothing for a car you wouldn't be that demanding..OH, AND FYI..all the flood cars were trashed, not cleaned up and resold...get your facts straight. Go to Simmons, get one of those approved loans with no money down and pay 400 bucks a month for the next six years..by the time you pay off the car (at 22% interest and end up paying 10,000 more than the car is actually worth by the time you're done)it will be up at Gary's U-pullit anyway..as they have HIGH MILEAGE, HIGH PRICES AND GREEDY SALESMEN. Or save your freakin money and buy a brand new car with all new warranties if you're that damn picky. I'm just glad to have a beater that gets me where I need to go.

PS..my brother bought a car off tony and it ran great for 6 years as well..high mileage and all.

Well you are one of the lucky ones. He was NOT upfront with us at all. Yes he was very clear at telling me that EVERYTHING would be covered until I FINISHED paying off the car. IF he did not agree to that then I would have went elsewhere like I wanted too in the first place. I did take it for a test drive but IF you can read all the things that went wrong were not obvious in the test drive. I don't think paying almost $4,000 on a car is "getting away" with anything, I don't know about you but I'm not made of money and I don't think it is too much to ask for a guy to stand behind his cars and honor his word.

I DO HAVE MY FACTS STRIAGHT ABOUT HIM WITH THE FLOODED CARS....HE LEFT THEM THERE BECAUSE HE IS TOO FAT AND LAZY TO MOVE THEM...THEN CLEANED THEM UP AND SOLD THEM....I HEARD IT DIRECTLY FROM A MECHANIC THAT HE ASKED TO HELP FIX THEM BUT HE DECLINED BECAUSE ITS WRONG...TONY IS ALL ABOUT MONEY AND WOULD NEVER JUST JUNK CARS. HE IS A GREEDY, LYING, FAT, TOOTHLESS SCUMBAG.

Oh yea please do not listen to this dork DO NOT GO TO JUST IN TIME (JUSTIN MARCHUSKA) has another one I know him very well VERY WELL!

No I would never go to Just In Time....she obviously has no idea what she is talking about and is a VERY bad judge of character.

I know another scum bag used car lot sellas in jc!

LOL. Funny you should mention Sella's! I bought a car from there several years ago and the first day I owned it I took it for a road trip to my in-laws. Got all the way out to the middle of nowhere and the ENTIRE wheel fell off coming up their driveway! I called Sella's and told them about it and they said bring it in and they'd fix it. How the heck did they expect me to drive 50+ miles back to Binghamton with NO wheel?!?!?!

I know a girl who got a car FREE from Sella's. All she had to do was sleep w/Vic.

LOL. Funny you should mention Sella's! I bought a car from there several years ago and the first day I owned it I took it for a road trip to my in-laws. Got all the way out to the middle of nowhere and the ENTIRE wheel fell off coming up their driveway! I called Sella's and told them about it and they said bring it in and they'd fix it. How the heck did they expect me to drive 50+ miles back to Binghamton with NO wheel?!?!?!

I know a girl who got a car FREE from Sella's. All she had to do was sleep w/Vic.

These nasty car dealers should be taken care of. We as car buyers should be protected from them by laws besides the 30 day lemon law. There should be fines and these dealers should be shut down for good!

Never, Never, Never buy a car from Broome Auto Sales!! I have unfortunately had the displeasure of purchasing a car from Broome Auto Sales and I am regretting every minute of it. Tony (the owner) is a lying jerk who will tell you anything you want to hear to sell a car. When I went in there I told him that I wanted to go elsewhere but my family told me to see him first because he was a friend...I say was because after screwing me over so badly he is no longer a friend of the family. This shows that he values money over friendship. First off, when we had the flood in 06 he was told along with other car dealers in Endwell to move their cars because the water was coming, all the other car dealers moved their cars but Tony...now what do you think he did with those cars after the waters went down? He fixed them up to look good enough to sell and then sold them!! That is only one out of many creepy things this jerk has done. Because he was a "friend" he was going to sell me a car that I could put a good down payment on and then make payments for a year on the rest of the price with the agreement that if ANYTHING went wrong with the car during that year he would fix it, I'm guessing my family put that clause in the agreement because they knew he was a creep. Well first it took an extra week to get the car because Tony never made it down to the DMV to register it, then when I picked up the car we had to wait an hour while Tony was on the phone with my insurance company because he never added the car to my insurance like he said he was going to do, then when I finally did get to drive it off the lot there was so little gas in it that I almost didn't make it to the gas station! Now right there I should have changed my mind and said forget it I can tell there were going to be problems but I listened to my family because he was a "friend". Well within the first week both shocks broke...so back to Tony I go...my car sat there for a week without moving, Tony would not answer my phone calls so finally I went down to the shop and of course he was not there, I spoke to another guy that worked there and was informed that the car has not been fixed yet...as you can expect I was pretty mad, after waiting a week and a half my car was finally ready to be picked up. So about two weeks later the radiator went, I called Tony...now this time he gave me a harder time when I told him he had to fix it...he wanted to change our agreement to him only paying half of the repair costs instead of the whole thing...after fighting for about an hour he finally agreed to fix the radiator...after four days I got my car back again. Now while he was fixing the radiator I mentioned to him that the breaks felt weird but he blew it off to me just not being used to a different car..which I thought was crap but he said he would "look" at it. I had the car for almost a month and luckily I was not driving the car when the BREAKLINE BROKE!! Now I am a mother of two small children and god forbid if the break line would have broke when I was driving with them in the car but luckily my husband had taken it to work that day. I called Tony that day and he had the balls to tell me that break lines break all the time and all I have to do is pinch the break line and I can drive it somewhere to get fixed. Somewhere to get fixed...I mentioned to Tony about our agreement and he said "now listen I can't fix every little thing that goes wrong with your car". Really? So he basically refused to even help me out and I ended up paying a tow truck to take it somewhere else to fix it and pay for it to be fixed which ended up being about $216. While the car was there I had them look over the rest of the car for other things that are wrong and they said that everything else that is under the car will eventually have to be replaced because it is rusting out and the car looks like it was in a flood!!!! That is when I finally had enough of Tony and Broome Auto Sales. I called Tony to get him to take back the car and informed him what my mechanic had said...he stated that it was a good car and he would not take it back. Long story short Tony is not a man of his word and does not stand behind any of his cars.

Paragraphs are your friend.

Paragraphs are your friend.

Why would it make it easier for you to understand? Please....it's the same information no matter what the formatting is but thank you format man! :rolleyes:

Why would it make it easier for you to understand? Please....it's the same information no matter what the formatting is but thank you format man! :rolleyes:

Reading non-stop typing like that is tiresome.

That's why people invented paragraphs and indentation a few centuries ago. Even they knew that text that is paragraphed with spaces is easier and quicker to read than what you wrote.

Sort of like the way I've typed and submitted this.

You'd know that if you had finished high school.......if you're not already still attending.

Reading non-stop typing like that is tiresome.

That's why people invented paragraphs and indentation a few centuries ago. Even they knew that text that is paragraphed with spaces is easier and quicker to read than what you wrote.

Sort of like the way I've typed and submitted this.

You'd know that if you had finished high school.......if you're not already still attending.

Finished High School and College but thanks for the info. I was wondering how long it would take for people like you to start responding. :rolleyes:

Finished High School and College but thanks for the info. I was wondering how long it would take for people like you to start responding. :rolleyes:

I couldn't resist the temptation of the "high school" comment.

Other than that, I was serious. I simply pass over posts when they're typed like that. I wish I didn't feel like I had to, but it's a chore to try to read that.

How do you proofread it before you submit it?

I couldn't resist the temptation of the "high school" comment.

Other than that, I was serious. I simply pass over posts when they're typed like that. I wish I didn't feel like I had to, but it's a chore to try to read that.

How do you proofread it before you submit it?

I usually use paragraphs but when I was writing it I was kinda ranting because I was mad...I actually type it in Word, proof it and then copy and paste it over.

Never, Never, Never buy a car from Broome Auto Sales!! I have unfortunately had the displeasure of purchasing a car from Broome Auto Sales and I am regretting every minute of it. Tony (the owner) is a lying jerk who will tell you anything you want to hear to sell a car. When I went in there I told him that I wanted to go elsewhere but my family told me to see him first because he was a friend...I say was because after screwing me over so badly he is no longer a friend of the family. This shows that he values money over friendship. First off, when we had the flood in 06 he was told along with other car dealers in Endwell to move their cars because the water was coming, all the other car dealers moved their cars but Tony...now what do you think he did with those cars after the waters went down? He fixed them up to look good enough to sell and then sold them!! That is only one out of many creepy things this jerk has done. Because he was a "friend" he was going to sell me a car that I could put a good down payment on and then make payments for a year on the rest of the price with the agreement that if ANYTHING went wrong with the car during that year he would fix it, I'm guessing my family put that clause in the agreement because they knew he was a creep. Well first it took an extra week to get the car because Tony never made it down to the DMV to register it, then when I picked up the car we had to wait an hour while Tony was on the phone with my insurance company because he never added the car to my insurance like he said he was going to do, then when I finally did get to drive it off the lot there was so little gas in it that I almost didn't make it to the gas station! Now right there I should have changed my mind and said forget it I can tell there were going to be problems but I listened to my family because he was a "friend". Well within the first week both shocks broke...so back to Tony I go...my car sat there for a week without moving, Tony would not answer my phone calls so finally I went down to the shop and of course he was not there, I spoke to another guy that worked there and was informed that the car has not been fixed yet...as you can expect I was pretty mad, after waiting a week and a half my car was finally ready to be picked up. So about two weeks later the radiator went, I called Tony...now this time he gave me a harder time when I told him he had to fix it...he wanted to change our agreement to him only paying half of the repair costs instead of the whole thing...after fighting for about an hour he finally agreed to fix the radiator...after four days I got my car back again. Now while he was fixing the radiator I mentioned to him that the breaks felt weird but he blew it off to me just not being used to a different car..which I thought was crap but he said he would "look" at it. I had the car for almost a month and luckily I was not driving the car when the BREAKLINE BROKE!! Now I am a mother of two small children and god forbid if the break line would have broke when I was driving with them in the car but luckily my husband had taken it to work that day. I called Tony that day and he had the balls to tell me that break lines break all the time and all I have to do is pinch the break line and I can drive it somewhere to get fixed. Somewhere to get fixed...I mentioned to Tony about our agreement and he said "now listen I can't fix every little thing that goes wrong with your car". Really? So he basically refused to even help me out and I ended up paying a tow truck to take it somewhere else to fix it and pay for it to be fixed which ended up being about $216. While the car was there I had them look over the rest of the car for other things that are wrong and they said that everything else that is under the car will eventually have to be replaced because it is rusting out and the car looks like it was in a flood!!!! That is when I finally had enough of Tony and Broome Auto Sales. I called Tony to get him to take back the car and informed him what my mechanic had said...he stated that it was a good car and he would not take it back. Long story short Tony is not a man of his word and does not stand behind any of his cars.

hmmm...so you bought a car for 3500$ that you had to finance throuh tony. the only people that have to finance a car through a buy here, pay here dealer are the people with really bad credit. so...how many people did YOU have to screw to riun your credit?!

hmmm...so you bought a car for 3500$ that you had to finance throuh tony. the only people that have to finance a car through a buy here, pay here dealer are the people with really bad credit. so...how many people did YOU have to screw to riun your credit?!

Funny...let me think.....that would be NONE. I have good credit. Let me think....get a loan with interest rates or go to a "family friend" and make payments with no interest....you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that out. How many classes did you fail to spell so well?

Funny...let me think.....that would be NONE. I have good credit. Let me think....get a loan with interest rates or go to a "family friend" and make payments with no interest....you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that out. How many classes did you fail to spell so well?
um..."break" im sure that you meant brake!

Archived