Warning

Guest Guest

Never, Never, Never buy a car from Broome Auto Sales!! I have unfortunately had the displeasure of purchasing a car from Broome Auto Sales and I am regretting every minute of it. Tony (the owner) is a lying jerk who will tell you anything you want to hear to sell a car. When I went in there I told him that I wanted to go elsewhere but my family told me to see him first because he was a friend...I say was because after screwing me over so badly he is no longer a friend of the family. This shows that he values money over friendship. First off, when we had the flood in 06 he was told along with other car dealers in Endwell to move their cars because the water was coming, all the other car dealers moved their cars but Tony...now what do you think he did with those cars after the waters went down? He fixed them up to look good enough to sell and then sold them!! That is only one out of many creepy things this jerk has done. Because he was a "friend" he was going to sell me a car that I could put a good down payment on and then make payments for a year on the rest of the price with the agreement that if ANYTHING went wrong with the car during that year he would fix it, I'm guessing my family put that clause in the agreement because they knew he was a creep. Well first it took an extra week to get the car because Tony never made it down to the DMV to register it, then when I picked up the car we had to wait an hour while Tony was on the phone with my insurance company because he never added the car to my insurance like he said he was going to do, then when I finally did get to drive it off the lot there was so little gas in it that I almost didn't make it to the gas station! Now right there I should have changed my mind and said forget it I can tell there were going to be problems but I listened to my family because he was a "friend". Well within the first week both shocks broke...so back to Tony I go...my car sat there for a week without moving, Tony would not answer my phone calls so finally I went down to the shop and of course he was not there, I spoke to another guy that worked there and was informed that the car has not been fixed yet...as you can expect I was pretty mad, after waiting a week and a half my car was finally ready to be picked up. So about two weeks later the radiator went, I called Tony...now this time he gave me a harder time when I told him he had to fix it...he wanted to change our agreement to him only paying half of the repair costs instead of the whole thing...after fighting for about an hour he finally agreed to fix the radiator...after four days I got my car back again. Now while he was fixing the radiator I mentioned to him that the breaks felt weird but he blew it off to me just not being used to a different car..which I thought was crap but he said he would "look" at it. I had the car for almost a month and luckily I was not driving the car when the BREAKLINE BROKE!! Now I am a mother of two small children and god forbid if the break line would have broke when I was driving with them in the car but luckily my husband had taken it to work that day. I called Tony that day and he had the balls to tell me that break lines break all the time and all I have to do is pinch the break line and I can drive it somewhere to get fixed. Somewhere to get fixed...I mentioned to Tony about our agreement and he said "now listen I can't fix every little thing that goes wrong with your car". Really? So he basically refused to even help me out and I ended up paying a tow truck to take it somewhere else to fix it and pay for it to be fixed which ended up being about $216. While the car was there I had them look over the rest of the car for other things that are wrong and they said that everything else that is under the car will eventually have to be replaced because it is rusting out and the car looks like it was in a flood!!!! That is when I finally had enough of Tony and Broome Auto Sales. I called Tony to get him to take back the car and informed him what my mechanic had said...he stated that it was a good car and he would not take it back. Long story short Tony is not a man of his word and does not stand behind any of his cars.
what do you expect when you buy a USED car and have to make payments because you cannot come up with a lousy 3500!

and by the way, every car that went through the flood was taken by erie insurance company.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny...let me think.....that would be NONE. I have good credit. Let me think....get a loan with interest rates or go to a "family friend" and make payments with no interest....you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that out. How many classes did you fail to spell so well?

you also do not have to be a brain surgeon to realize that buy here/pay here dealers charge more for their cars to make up for the fact that they cannot charge interest.

"Well first it took an extra week to get the car because Tony never made it down to the DMV to register it, then when I picked up the car we had to wait an hour while Tony was on the phone with my insurance company because he never added the car to my insurance like he said he was going to do, then when I finally did get to drive it off the lot there was so little gas in it that I almost didn't make it to the gas station! Now right there I should have changed my mind and said forget it"

Yes, you should have turned around, taken it back and walked away, regardless of the "family friend" thing that you're so worried about.

"So about two weeks later the radiator went, I called Tony...now this time he gave me a harder time when I told him he had to fix it...he wanted to change our agreement to him only paying half of the repair costs instead of the whole thing"

If you had the original agreement in writing, this is when you call an attorney.

"The car was a 1999 Chrysler Town & Country with 90,000 miles on it and the price was around $3,500."

OK, first of all, keep in mind:

1) The car is 8 years old

2) 90,000 miles of wear in the wrong owner's hands can be a bad thing

3) A used car in the price range of BELOW $4000 from a dealer should be avoided if you expect it to be driven off the lot and last a long time, because most of them will not.

While a car in that price range might be fine, there are things you need to learn:

1) If people have to work hard to convince you to buy a car from a dealer, then you should go elsewhere.

2) You should always be prepared to take a used car to a mechanic (fully tooled, including lift) to fully check it before you buy it. Pay for this service, you'll save a boatload of money down the road.

3) Generally speaking, the buy here pay here places buy the cars at the auctions that the better dealers don't want.

4) Dealers that move their lots several times are usually avoiding people.

5) Dealers whose lots grow in leaps and bounds generally do so because of repeat business.

6) If you buy a used car, there will be repairs. If you buy a cheap used car, there will be several repairs.

7) In NYS, used car purchases are covered by this lemon law:

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/consumer/cars/u...bill_rights.pdf

If all that you said happend in the first 30 days this DELETED is in alot of trouble! 30 days state law! take him to court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. To the OP - NYS has the lemon law, in which a dealer, at the very least, has to give you a 30 day warranty. He will be in some trouble if he doesn't honor that.

--------------------

BBB - They are just a joke. Sure, they may give the place a bad name, but it doesn't do anything in the long run. They basically act as a mediator.

--------------------

Most of the "buy here, pay here" dealers buy their vehicles from auction on a "as is" basis. Some actually try to get decent vehicles with minimal work required, but some just buy them to make a quick buck *enter Victor Scarsella (Sella's).* I had bought a vehicle from there once, and that was a mistake that I learned from.

You get what you pay for.

When we feel we want a new "used" vehicle, we only purchase one that is 12 to 18 months old. Even with that, we still take it to a person that we have been doing business with for over 15 years for minor things. It's well worth the 30 bucks to check out a vehicle for you.

Found a great GMC truck up at Dependable. Dependable Motors was highly recommended. Still we took it to our "guy" and he checked it out. Found several things that would need replacing with-in a year and not minor things either. Took it back to Dependable, told them about what was wrong and if they fixed it up front we'd purchase it. Nope, they did not want to and said our guy did not know anything about vehicles and was a "fly by night" person. Like who do you think we're going to trust ? So we took OUR money elsewhere.

There are several things that you will learn in life.

1 - Never loan money to friends or family

2 - Never do business with friends or family or friends of other family members

3 - Never allow yourself to get pressured into doing something you don't feel right about

4 - Live within your means. Never barrow from family or friends.

5 - Stand up for yourself as a person !

Follow those and you'll be fine. Do your homework before actually purchasing a vehicle. If you want a history report, get one from CARFAX and trace owners. Contact owners (when possible) if your spending a lot of dollars on a used vehicle to try and get info on it if it's something you would really like but have a bad feeling about it, or just move on to another dealer.

Thank you. I filed a complaint with the BBB and also with the NYS Attorney Generals office, it's amazing what you can do just using the internet :)

Call the Binghamton Attorney General's Office. The people in there are just itching for cases like this. Is is against the law for a car dealer to sell a flood car without disclosing it? I thought that it was.

what do you expect when you buy a USED car and have to make payments because you cannot come up with a lousy 3500!

and by the way, every car that went through the flood was taken by erie insurance company.

I expect a car that works and does not break down every other week, I don't think that is too much to ask for. And as for information I could come up with the whole amount but would have rathered made small payments and kept a good chunk of the money for other things, I put $2200 as a down payment so I'm not short on cash. As for the flood cars you believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I know for a fact.

you also do not have to be a brain surgeon to realize that buy here/pay here dealers charge more for their cars to make up for the fact that they cannot charge interest.

Buy here/pay here dealers can't charge interest? Where the hell do you get your facts from??? Why don't you call Justin Marchuska and ask him how much interest he charges per car?

You get what you pay for.

When we feel we want a new "used" vehicle, we only purchase one that is 12 to 18 months old. Even with that, we still take it to a person that we have been doing business with for over 15 years for minor things. It's well worth the 30 bucks to check out a vehicle for you.

Found a great GMC truck up at Dependable. Dependable Motors was highly recommended. Still we took it to our "guy" and he checked it out. Found several things that would need replacing with-in a year and not minor things either. Took it back to Dependable, told them about what was wrong and if they fixed it up front we'd purchase it. Nope, they did not want to and said our guy did not know anything about vehicles and was a "fly by night" person. Like who do you think we're going to trust ? So we took OUR money elsewhere.

There are several things that you will learn in life.

1 - Never loan money to friends or family

2 - Never do business with friends or family or friends of other family members

3 - Never allow yourself to get pressured into doing something you don't feel right about

4 - Live within your means. Never barrow from family or friends.

5 - Stand up for yourself as a person !

Follow those and you'll be fine. Do your homework before actually purchasing a vehicle. If you want a history report, get one from CARFAX and trace owners. Contact owners (when possible) if your spending a lot of dollars on a used vehicle to try and get info on it if it's something you would really like but have a bad feeling about it, or just move on to another dealer.

Thank you, that is very good advice. Live and Learn :)

I feel your pain when it comes to being ripped off by these so-called people that call them selves professional and honest business people. I am going thru hell and back with hawkins homes after purchasing a home from them. It's quite obvious these losers will tell an innocent buyer anything they want to hear for a sale. I'm sorry for what you are going thru, hope all works out for you.

I feel your pain when it comes to being ripped off by these so-called people that call them selves professional and honest business people. I am going thru hell and back with hawkins homes after purchasing a home from them. It's quite obvious these losers will tell an innocent buyer anything they want to hear for a sale. I'm sorry for what you are going thru, hope all works out for you.

Thank you. I hope everything works out for you also. I have filed a report with ripoffreport.com

We had an agreement that he would fix whatever went wrong with the van while I was making payments on it. That was the agreement I was going to have with another car dealer in the area...I should have just listened to my gut and went with them but my family kept telling me that he was a friend.....yeah nice friend! I was not expecting a new vehicle but I was expecting to atleast drive it for more than a week before things started falling apart on it! I don't think that is too much to expect.

was the agreement in writing. If not, you have only yourself to blame.

I expect a car that works and does not break down every other week, I don't think that is too much to ask for. And as for information I could come up with the whole amount but would have rathered made small payments and kept a good chunk of the money for other things, I put $2200 as a down payment so I'm not short on cash. As for the flood cars you believe what you want to believe and I'll believe what I know for a fact.
I know tony personally. I am not going to step foot near this argument because you will assume I have a bias opinion and won't listen to a word I have to say. But, I will tell you that I do know FOR A FACT that none of the cars on his lot are flood cars and they were, IN FACT, taken by erie insurance. You look silly now because I do know tony very well and I do know the facts unlike yourself. Don't claim to know the facts unless you truly do because there is always someone out there who does know and who will set you straight.

Also, I am not going to defend tony regarding the car you bought because I don't know that car, but.... you get what you pay for. You said you have money, so why buy a cheap used car? You are the kind of customer who will only be happy with brand new. And I'm sorry but you have to pay for that. You can barely get a scooter for $3500 brand new. You get what you pay for. Live and learn and quit bitching.

If you are not short on cash, why not pay the whole thing up front. Sounds to me like you got some welfare settlement check or a govt. check because you are so poor that every other hard working citizen in this town has to pay for you and your 10 babies with different daddy's! Stop being a whiny little dirtbag and if you want a great car with a warranty use all this mystery cash that is so available to you and buy a new Caddy!!!!!

was the agreement in writing. If not, you have only yourself to blame.

It is in writing and we will be going to court. I have already spoken to the Attorney Generals Office.

yes you might know tony well but so do I . DONT COME UP HERE AND TELL LIES THAT FAT PIG DID NOT MOVE THOSE CARS I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I WAS DOWN THERE HELPING WHEN THE FLOOD HIT! HE SOLD THEM TO PEOPLE! YOUR PROBLEY HIMM TRYING TO COVER IT UP! I also delivered car stuff to him for a long time thats how i got to know him!

I know tony personally. I am not going to step foot near this argument because you will assume I have a bias opinion and won't listen to a word I have to say. But, I will tell you that I do know FOR A FACT that none of the cars on his lot are flood cars and they were, IN FACT, taken by erie insurance. You look silly now because I do know tony very well and I do know the facts unlike yourself. Don't claim to know the facts unless you truly do because there is always someone out there who does know and who will set you straight.

Also, I am not going to defend tony regarding the car you bought because I don't know that car, but.... you get what you pay for. You said you have money, so why buy a cheap used car? You are the kind of customer who will only be happy with brand new. And I'm sorry but you have to pay for that. You can barely get a scooter for $3500 brand new. You get what you pay for. Live and learn and quit bitching.

If you are not going to step foot near the agrument then why did you keep writing after that sentence? Like I am going to take your word for anything you have to say regarding Tony...you are probably another low life scumbag like Tony.

Guest just in time

nominee: dumbest post in history.

If you are not short on cash, why not pay the whole thing up front. Sounds to me like you got some welfare settlement check or a govt. check because you are so poor that every other hard working citizen in this town has to pay for you and your 10 babies with different daddy's! Stop being a whiny little dirtbag and if you want a great car with a warranty use all this mystery cash that is so available to you and buy a new Caddy!!!!!

No my husband and I have pretty good jobs and we are no where near the income level for welfare to even look our way. LIKE I said before...I was planning on going somewhere else but listened to my family because they said this scumbag Tony was a friend of the family. ALSO like I said before I have two children both by the same father. ALSO like I said before I had the money but thought that I could use some of it on something else that I wanted and just make a few monthly payments to Tony. YOU should probably learn how to read and understand better and post stupid redneck answers less.

Guest kevin trudeau
No my husband and I have pretty good jobs and we are no where near the income level for welfare to even look our way. LIKE I said before...I was planning on going somewhere else but listened to my family because they said this scumbag Tony was a friend of the family. ALSO like I said before I have two children both by the same father. ALSO like I said before I had the money but thought that I could use some of it on something else that I wanted and just make a few monthly payments to Tony. YOU should probably learn how to read and understand better and post stupid redneck answers less.

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.......

yes you might know tony well but so do I . DONT COME UP HERE AND TELL LIES THAT FAT PIG DID NOT MOVE THOSE CARS I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I WAS DOWN THERE HELPING WHEN THE FLOOD HIT! HE SOLD THEM TO PEOPLE! YOUR PROBLEY HIMM TRYING TO COVER IT UP! I also delivered car stuff to him for a long time thats how i got to know him!

No it can't be Tony his fingers are way too fat for him to type, besides he is too stupid to know how to turn on a computer.

If nothing else, I hope whoever in your family was pushing you his way has let him know how displeased you all are.

Oh yes we have all been on the phone with him plenty of times. Yesterday when I called him he just hung up on me. That is when I called the BBB, Attorney Generals and also posted all over the web how bad he is....check for yourself...if you Google Broome Auto Sales you will see all the bad press he has made for himself.

Guest Linr Judge

OK, You've made your point, and it's senseless to continue.

We understand:

1) You bought a vehicle from Tony, had a bad overall experience and want to warn people that you feel he can't be trusted.

2) You think he may have sold some cars that were flooded, which, if proven, would automatically be cause for termination of his dealer's license.

3) You think that he's a toothless fat pig.

OK, we get it. Thanks for the information.

Oh yes we have all been on the phone with him plenty of times. Yesterday when I called him he just hung up on me. That is when I called the BBB, Attorney Generals and also posted all over the web how bad he is....check for yourself...if you Google Broome Auto Sales you will see all the bad press he has made for himself.

I guess what I meant is that they're standing behind you, after this fiasco

Archived