Downtown Bingo Quiznos Closed

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
WOW why are you so angry? Are you so naive that you believe all these negative posts are from individuals? YIKES. Time for reality check honey. It's the same people posting over & over again. Just look at how many view/read and do not post. There is not a lot of support for your opinon - just a handful of trigger happy posters. That's a funny "reality" you have created to protect yourself. Tip of the day: grow a thicker skin, it ain't personal babycakes.

I'm sorry you can't read a post and not read a substantial amount of anger into it.

There's nothing in my post that indicated I'm angry or took anything personally.

Focusing on my anger is what you believe to be an effective way to evade the real topic. Nice try. I'm sure it works on 8 year olds. No so with me.

"Reality check...........blah blah blah".

You're telling ME it's the same stuff over and over, and you come back with THAT?????

I find it odd how you and you alone can tell how few posters there are who are supposedly posting repeatedly. You are aware that "guest" name means it could be 4 people and it could be 40, right?

I drove down Court St. again this weekend. I tried to get a count of empty stores, but there's actually too many to count while driving 25 mph down the street.

I will say this: at least HALF of the storefronts were empty. HALF.

While there has been no measureable improvement in downtown, and zero increase in commerce, you continue to talk about how angry people are. In fact, in the last few months a few businesses packed up and closed....businesses that had been in operation for a considerable amount of time.

If I came down to City Hall, which cubicle would I find you in?

You guys all suffer from Nero Syndrome.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
I'm sorry you can't read a post and not read a substantial amount of anger into it.

There's nothing in my post that indicated I'm angry or took anything personally.

Focusing on my anger is what you believe to be an effective way to evade the real topic. Nice try. I'm sure it works on 8 year olds. No so with me.

You're telling ME it's the same stuff over and over, and you come back with THAT?????

I find it odd how you and you alone can tell how few posters there are who are supposedly posting repeatedly. You are aware that "guest" name means it could be 4 people and it could be 40, right?

I drove down Court St. again this weekend. I tried to get a count of empty stores, but there's actually too many to count while driving 25 mph down the street.

While there has been no measureable improvement in downtown, and zero increase in commerce, you continue to talk about how angry people are. In fact, in the last few months a few businesses packed up and closed....businesses that had been in operation for a considerable amount of time.

Such venom. wow. can you tell us the point of your post again? It got lost in all your whining.

Guest Guest

lol guess you purposly didn't drive around town on Saturday. there were lots of people around town. Bet you don't take your inventory on First Fridays either. Maybe not on the same day as a B Mets game either. Not Columbus Day either. I won't go on, this is too boring. Nero! lol I spit my tea out on that one.

Zero increase in commerce! You are insane. How about these new businesses that opened up in the last year:

(and don't even think of replying with something dumb like, "They'll all fail in less than six months!")

Court St.

Chemung Canal Trust Bank

L'aveggio Roasteria & Espresso Bar

SEFCU

Marilyn's Bake Shop

The Pirate's Chest

Karma Cafe

Washington St.

M.Y. Boutique

Cafe Oasis

Water St.

The Dance Academy

State St.

The Night Eagle

The Box Factory

A few other galleries on same strip. (Can't remember their names)

Dillinger's made a beautiful renovation to their property.

New law firm in between Liquid and HSBC Bank.

What's coming....

Court St.

The new business Incubator

Gas Lamp Gym,

On the Town- dress boutique.

And no I don't work for the City. I'm just a citizen who notices progress. I understand the ebb and flow of businesses too - unlike you do Ed. For some strange reason you always gets bogged down with what's wrong. I feel sorry for you Ed. You'd be so much happier if you stopped looking for what's wrong all the time.

Guest Guest
Such venom. wow. can you tell us the point of your post again? It got lost in all your whining.

Again, you are incapable of reading a few points. All you can find is "feelings".

You're obvioulsy a woman.

Show me which words exactly contain the venom.

Please.......do.

Guest Guest
Zero increase in commerce! You are insane. How about these new businesses that opened up in the last year:

(and don't even think of replying with something dumb like, "They'll all fail in less than six months!")

Court St.

Chemung Canal Trust Bank

L'aveggio Roasteria & Espresso Bar

SEFCU

Marilyn's Bake Shop

The Pirate's Chest

Karma Cafe

Washington St.

M.Y. Boutique

Cafe Oasis

Water St.

The Dance Academy

State St.

The Night Eagle

The Box Factory

A few other galleries on same strip. (Can't remember their names)

Dillinger's made a beautiful renovation to their property.

New law firm in between Liquid and HSBC Bank.

What's coming....

Court St.

The new business Incubator

Gas Lamp Gym,

On the Town- dress boutique.

And no I don't work for the City. I'm just a citizen who notices progress. I understand the ebb and flow of businesses too - unlike you do Ed. For some strange reason you always gets bogged down with what's wrong. I feel sorry for you Ed. You'd be so much happier if you stopped looking for what's wrong all the time.

Thank you for posting this. I, too, have noticed improvements. Nothing at lightning speed, but that is neither expected nor common. I wish more positive people like you would post - these naysayers spout so much they have actually convinced themselves their warped perspective is shared by all. It is not. But unfortunately those of us who do not agree with their juvenile and/or selfish opinions simply laugh at the posting and move on. I do that all the time. I won't come here to debate with those whose minds are already made up, but I do take joy in responding to a positive and truthful statement like yours. Turn the other cheek when the geeks start tearing you apart - and you know they will - just know there's a large audience out here that agrees with you. Peace .

Guest Guest
THAT BIG FAT GUY LEN PROB ATE ALL THE PROFITS. HEARD HE HARASSED THE FEMALE HELP TOO!

Isn't he the one who has a "fake" auto dealership on Oak Stree?

Guest Guest

All of those "new" businesses had to go in someplace. I guess they all went into places that previously failed.

They certainly didn't build new structures, due to the massive growth.

And when those new businesses fail, someone else will take a chance and put something else into the locations.

You can call it economic progress, I call it economic wastes of time. Anyone that opens up a new business in Bingo will soon learn what a huge mistake they made.

All they are doing is recycling former store fronts at a rapid pace.

But keep those rose colored glasses on. The "Incubator" will take care of it all.

Guest Guest
Again, you are incapable of reading a few points. All you can find is "feelings".

You're obvioulsy a woman.

Show me which words exactly contain the venom.

Please.......do.

nice try.

8 year olds

blah blah blah

ME

THAT???

zero increase in commerce (other posters have disagreed with this inflamatory statement already)

Nero Syndrome

Suggestion: give it up already. nobody gives a rodents butt. Especially me. Have a nice life.

Guest Guest
Doctors, Lawyers, a hand full of executives, State, city, and county workers, yea, I guess your right. Not unusual at all.

I'm not sure I would qualify local executives as "a handful", and you forgot sales representatives. Many make a great income. (Not necessarily used car salesmen, but you need to think bigger than that.) What about engineers? There are several engineering specialties that are very lucrative. Professors? Dentists? Developers? Stock Brokers? Business owners? Entrepreneurs? They all live in this community. I am getting tired of typing or I could add more. I fully realize the mean income in Broome county is around $28K, but that doesn't mean we all have median incomes. Just take a drive through some of the newer neighborhoods, don't tell me the folks living in those $500,000 homes are making low salaries, it just doesn't make sense.

Thank you for posting this. I, too, have noticed improvements. Nothing at lightning speed, but that is neither expected nor common. I wish more positive people like you would post - these naysayers spout so much they have actually convinced themselves their warped perspective is shared by all. It is not. But unfortunately those of us who do not agree with their juvenile and/or selfish opinions simply laugh at the posting and move on. I do that all the time. I won't come here to debate with those whose minds are already made up, but I do take joy in responding to a positive and truthful statement like yours. Turn the other cheek when the geeks start tearing you apart - and you know they will - just know there's a large audience out here that agrees with you. Peace .

Hey, thanks so much for your post! That means a lot! :) Peace.

Guest Guest

For every place that opens downtown, another closes. If that weren't the case, eventually all the empty stores would fill up.

Half of them on Court St. are still empty and have been for a good handful of years.

Maintaining the same amount of businesses is not "progress".

Let's take a look at your list of new places again this year at this time and see how many are left.....and how many others have closed.

Archived