Downtown Bingo Quiznos Closed

Guest Guest

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a sign????

521912406335415500675d45c20a6e210c89830358994448228ee2dc2088af7aa76e5ca8.jpg

Add this facade to all the other empty store front in downtown Binghamton, whether renovated or not. But don't worry despite most retail businesses on Court Street being closed, we have Irish flags waving and parade. What else do we really need!

Well, I spent a lot of time in Binghamton throughout my life and I would say it is a much nicer place than it was 7-10 years ago. I would have never considered living in the downtown area then, but now I would. I feel safe walking down (most of) the streets even at night. As for Quiznos, I believe it was more a matter of customer service that closed them. I am not trying to advocate anything or anyone political, just my two cents.

Well, I spent a lot of time in Binghamton throughout my life and I would say it is a much nicer place than it was 7-10 years ago. I would have never considered living in the downtown area then, but now I would. I feel safe walking down (most of) the streets even at night. As for Quiznos, I believe it was more a matter of customer service that closed them. I am not trying to advocate anything or anyone political, just my two cents.

You are obviously a crack dealer.

Where's the "downtown has more jobs and businesses now than it did last year" poster when you want to ridicule him/her?

I am here. What is your point? Downtown does have more jobs, more businesses and more people living there than it did three years ago. What are you saying? Are you saying it isn't so because a business goes out of business?

You must be like the global warming guy who says "global warming can't be happening - I have three inches of snow in my backyard"

I am here. What is your point? Downtown does have more jobs, more businesses and more people living there than it did three years ago. What are you saying? Are you saying it isn't so because a business goes out of business?

You must be like the global warming guy who says "global warming can't be happening - I have three inches of snow in my backyard"

I see you're posting your delusional claims yet again without a single shred of validating factual evidence.

Go ahead, keeping posting your fantasitical beliefs.

Anyone who drives downtown can clearly see you're wrong.

I see you're posting your delusional claims yet again without a single shred of validating factual evidence.

because it is what you see and what you precieve - that means it is so

sorry bucko - I deal in facts, not perceptions

Thank you poster for pointing out something we all need to hear. Downtown is safer and better then it was 7-10 yrs. ago. It can be even better if more people like you spoke up about the good that's happening and moved downtown. Your two cents are worth a lot more than you think. ;)

Actually most of us would say you are the one who is wrong. It's not going to turn around overnight, but there definately are more things going on than there was a few years ago. What do you expect, a magic wand that miraculously renovates and rents out every building pvernight? Dang you're dumb.

Okay - I think the best subs in town are at Wegmans. A little higher than other sub joints but well worth it. Have a couple of good deals too. The bread they use is great. Actually my favorite sub place is Shortstop in Ithaca. Quite the variety. Weggie's bread is very comparable to theirs. Next time you are in Ithaca, check them out.

Okay - I think the best subs in town are at Wegmans. A little higher than other sub joints but well worth it. Have a couple of good deals too. The bread they use is great. Actually my favorite sub place is Shortstop in Ithaca. Quite the variety. Weggie's bread is very comparable to theirs. Next time you are in Ithaca, check them out.

I agree, Wegman's is the best hands down. Not just for subs but for a lot of things, I especially like their sushi. It beats eating that fast food crap..

Guest shrewd business sense
People in other cities with good paying jobs who can afford Quiznos prices don't give a minutes thought to paying their prices.

I liked their subs and was always willing to pony up a buck or two more per.

They taste much better than Subway, and should cost a bit more.

I live in this area and earn a 6 figure income. I can well afford a Quiznos sub. I am too smart however to get ripped off and pay their over inflated price. Subway subs are very good. Better yet

go to the Vestal bakery and get a nice sub for $2.79. People around here are much smarter about their money then other places. Places like Quiznos, Fuddruckers and Hooters always fail for one big reason. They charge too much. People will get the same thing cheaper somewhere else.

I live in this area and earn a 6 figure income. I can well afford a Quiznos sub. I am too smart however to get ripped off and pay their over inflated price. Subway subs are very good. Better yet

go to the Vestal bakery and get a nice sub for $2.79. People around here are much smarter about their money then other places. Places like Quiznos, Fuddruckers and Hooters always fail for one big reason. They charge too much. People will get the same thing cheaper somewhere else.

Is the Vestal bakery still open? I thought I drove by a week or so ago and it was closed. They had great subs

Thank you poster for pointing out something we all need to hear. Downtown is safer and better then it was 7-10 yrs. ago. It can be even better if more people like you spoke up about the good that's happening and moved downtown. Your two cents are worth a lot more than you think. ;)

Wow! I am sure glad that there is someone on here who doesn't think I'm a crack dealer. I have a lot of fond memories of riding around town on my bicycle when I was a teenager. I was always home by dark because I didn't want any encounters with the aforementioned crack dealers. Now I am more nervous walking around in the 4th ward or in Endicott than I am walking around the city core. And the best subs can be found at DiRenzo's deli, for great prices.

I'm still waiting for a sign.....

Oh, and BTW, if you think downtonw Binghamton is safer than ten years ago, I guess you have heard about the muggings in broad day light and that shooting on Court street?

If the numbers or actually going down is it probably only because the place is now a ghost town.

Is this a sign????

521912406335415500675d45c20a6e210c89830358994448228ee2dc2088af7aa76e5ca8.jpg

Add this facade to all the other empty store front in downtown Binghamton, whether renovated or not. But don't worry despite most retail businesses on Court Street being closed, we have Irish flags waving and parade. What else do we really need!

Quiznos subs are too small and bland for the price they charge. It's not the first Quiznos to fail in the area. Actually, I think of the 4 or 5 that popped up so quickly, the only one treading water is the one in JC by the Mall, and a good part of that is just the prime location. The One in Endicott by where Maaco used to be is gone, and I heard the one in Endwell was also failing, if not already closed.

Subway is ok for the price you pay, but its like getting a McSub... not exactly the best or most fresh ingredients.

Wegmans has the best subs in the area hands down. The bread is outstanding and baked fresh right there in their store every day. The price may be a bit more, but their subs are also bigger in size (7 inch and 14 inch), with the rolls being wider too. They LOAD them up, and even use these things called scales to ensure that you are getting what you pay for. I personally love their Danny's favorite for a cold sub, and the italian style chicken for a hot sub (sometimes the buffalo, but it gets a bit spicy).... Best thing too, the chicken they use in their subs is baked, not fried.

Someone asked if they had Chinese takeout. Sort of... They have a large Chinese buffet that you pay a per pound price for. The food is very good, but very expensive compared to other chinese buffets. They have take-out containers to use, but again, its like over $7 per pound and it adds up fast. You can get a better deal at any other corner Chinese take-out place.

Archived