Downtown Bingo Quiznos Closed

Guest Guest

I live in this area and earn a 6 figure income. I can well afford a Quiznos sub. I am too smart however to get ripped off and pay their over inflated price. Subway subs are very good. Better yet

go to the Vestal bakery and get a nice sub for $2.79. People around here are much smarter about their money then other places. Places like Quiznos, Fuddruckers and Hooters always fail for one big reason. They charge too much. People will get the same thing cheaper somewhere else.

You make a 6 figure income and you won't pay $6 for sub?

Right.

I'm sure you're the first BCV poster who actually makes good money and posted a claim here about it.

I'd hate to see what you make your kids eat.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually most of us would say you are the one who is wrong. It's not going to turn around overnight, but there definately are more things going on than there was a few years ago. What do you expect, a magic wand that miraculously renovates and rents out every building pvernight? Dang you're dumb.

Actually, you're wrong. And considering you called me dumb on top of that, that makes you an imbecile.

"Most of us" are not saying Binghamton is experiencing an economic resurgence. Most posters here believe otherwise. You'd know that if you actually read some of the threads about it.

The City is close to financial insolvency. One building is half torn down, and now the taxpayers will be picking up the tab to tear the rest of it down.

In the last month a few more businesses closed.

I drive downtown quite a bit. It's a ghost town. Even at lunchtime on a nice, sunny spring day, when there used to be lots of businesspeople out getting lunch, it's now a ghost town.

Half the storefronts are empty from the bridge to the Courthouse. Debate that one with me, please.

Again, you continue to come here and make blanket statements without offering a single detail or fact.

Give it up.

I'm still waiting for a sign.....

Oh, and BTW, if you think downtonw Binghamton is safer than ten years ago, I guess you have heard about the muggings in broad day light and that shooting on Court street?

If the numbers or actually going down is it probably only because the place is now a ghost town.

Ed, why do you ALWAYS rain on everyone's parade? Is there anything you LIKE about downtown Binghamton?

Ed, why do you ALWAYS rain on everyone's parade? Is there anything you LIKE about downtown Binghamton?

if ed were mayor - he would like everything about downtown.

but ryan is mayor - so ed hates everything about downtown and hates whtever anyone wants to do to help make this a better community, as he is 0bsesessed with the mayor, has written over 25,000 posts about him on online forums and over 150 posts about his private parts. (and he still thinks he is mentally healthy!)

truths like this will be ignored....

Actually, you're wrong. And considering you called me dumb on top of that, that makes you an imbecile.

"Most of us" are not saying Binghamton is experiencing an economic resurgence. Most posters here believe otherwise. You'd know that if you actually read some of the threads about it.

The City is close to financial insolvency. One building is half torn down, and now the taxpayers will be picking up the tab to tear the rest of it down.

I drive downtown quite a bit. It's a ghost town. Even at lunchtime on a nice, sunny spring day, when there used to be lots of businesspeople out getting lunch, it's now a ghost town.

Half the storefronts are empty from the bridge to the Courthouse. Debate that one with me, please.

Again, you continue to come here and make blanket statements without offering a single detail or fact.

Give it up.

Hey, is that the Gay Pride Flag?????

Is this a sign????

521912406335415500675d45c20a6e210c89830358994448228ee2dc2088af7aa76e5ca8.jpg

Add this facade to all the other empty store front in downtown Binghamton, whether renovated or not. But don't worry despite most retail businesses on Court Street being closed, we have Irish flags waving and parade. What else do we really need!

Guest six figure man
You make a 6 figure income and you won't pay $6 for sub?

Right.

I'm sure you're the first BCV poster who actually makes good money and posted a claim here about it.

I'd hate to see what you make your kids eat.

NOOOOOOOOOO. I won't overpay for a Quiznos sub. Six figures is not that big a deal anymore anyway. Many professionals and business owners make that in this area. I don't like to get ripped off. I won't overpay for anything if I can help it. The people who think they are big shots and buy Quiznos subs and drink expensive imported beer are usually the ones who don't have a pot to DELETED in.

Guest Guest
I don't care where you put a Quiznos, they will not survive. The price for what you get...everyone tries it once and never goes back. It was not a good experience for me...not only the price and there was nothing there but the people are definitely not friendly.

oh Reeeeaaaalllly?

Guest Guest
Hey, is that the Gay Pride Flag?????Add this facade to all the other empty store front in downtown Binghamton, whether renovated or not. But don't worry despite most retail businesses on Court Street being closed, we have Irish flags waving and parade. What else do we really need!

FIREWORKS!!!!!

Guest subway whaaaaaaaaaaa?

hey, I want one of those loaded subway subs they show on TV ads. I asked for one like their ads and the subway sandwich filler (now there's a promising career here) smiled and said you gotta be DELETED me!!! lol. Ya get what ya pay for. :lol:

Guest Guest

Wow, where have you people been? Many Quisnos have closed all over the country, as well as locally. It's frought with problems for the owners. The company is pricing them out of the business, as well as being very restrictive in terms of where they can purchase their food/supplies. There's a class action law suit on the part of owners who feel that the company is running them into the ground...just google the franchise, it' s old news.

As for the 6 figure income, I totally agree, it's no big deal anymore. And of course, 6 figure or not, folks still want a good deal, or at least a fair one.

Guest Guest
NOOOOOOOOOO. I won't overpay for a Quiznos sub. Six figures is not that big a deal anymore anyway. Many professionals and business owners make that in this area. I don't like to get ripped off. I won't overpay for anything if I can help it. The people who think they are big shots and buy Quiznos subs and drink expensive imported beer are usually the ones who don't have a pot to DELETED in.

I think I'm a "big shot" because I have a Quiznos sub once a week??

I make less than $37 a year, and I don't have a problem affording it.

Guest regular guy

<_<

You earn a "6 figure income"? Doing what?

I'd never crow to anyone what I make a year. If I did, then guess what, this person isn't pulling down 6 figures, "oh" maybe the change at the end counts"? $9,122.26. LOL

yeah riiiigggghhhhtttt.

Guest Guest
Too bad....I was just about to grab my laptop and head down to the wifi hotspot, grab a toasty sub, and enjoy some of downtown's emerging nightlife.

Emerging nightlife...they haven't trotted that one out in a while. Maybe Brian Liberatore can write an article from wherever he is in Florida to express great pride in this great event.

Guest Guest

Give it up.

You really need to update your post - isn't this the same one you wrote about 4 years ago? Things are changing, slowly, but indeed changing. Negative boobs like you always consider the glass half empty. You are no fun to debate with, you are too fixed in your old fashioned ways. Binghamton was no ghost town this past saturday. (that should really tick you off - c'mon give us your best rant ....) lol

Guest Guest
So you think lots of people earn a "6 figure income" here in BC? What are you smoking?

You would be surprised how many people in broome county make 6 figures. It's not that unusual, really.

Guest Guest

Give it up.

WOW why are you so angry? Are you so naive that you believe all these negative posts are from individuals? YIKES. Time for reality check honey. It's the same people posting over & over again. Just look at how many view/read and do not post. There is not a lot of support for your opinon - just a handful of trigger happy posters. That's a funny "reality" you have created to protect yourself. Tip of the day: grow a thicker skin, it ain't personal babycakes.

Guest Guest
You would be surprised how many people in broome county make 6 figures. It's not that unusual, really.

Doctors, Lawyers, a hand full of executives, State, city, and county workers, yea, I guess your right. Not unusual at all.

Archived