What is making You Depressed?

Bobblehead

Is it Life, Your Family, Job (or lack of) the Holidays approaching, Politics or a Personal situation? Maybe all of the mentioned but curious as to what makes People feel depressed the most? Family probably is first on My list.I hope that whatever is listed here, someone has good advise for every situation and it helps to know You're not alone.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Granger
Is it Life, Your Family, Job (or lack of) the Holidays approaching, Politics or a Personal situation? Maybe all of the mentioned but curious as to what makes People feel depressed the most? Family probably is first on My list.I hope that whatever is listed here, someone has good advise for every situation and it helps to know You're not alone.
I've been feeling depressed because I haven't gotten any in 3 months.

No way!!!!

Are you exaggerating??

Well, ok, I've gotten some a few measly times in 3 years. But it sure feels like none. Especially when it's subpar sex.

But, hey, isn't that what the Internet is for?

I have to admit with the holidays upon us and the family problems we all face from time to time is very depressing. The only advise i can give is stay strong. Your not alone

If you feel depressed and want to talk, just PM me. I'll be more than willing to listen. :)

All of the above. Its been an extremely bad year all the way around. I'm just trying to stay positive with the thought that 2009 is right around the corner and this damn year is almost over, thank God. You're not alone. Try reading the book The Secret.

All of the above. Its been an extremely bad year all the way around. I'm just trying to stay positive with the thought that 2009 is right around the corner and this damn year is almost over, thank God. You're not alone. Try reading the book The Secret.

Let me borrow it when you're done. I actually picked up a couple books at Jimays and I'm on the second one already.

All of those things! It's been a very rough few weeks.

Let me borrow it when you're done. I actually picked up a couple books at Jimays and I'm on the second one already.

Hey DG ..... I am almost done with mine.(well half) you can borrow it when I'm done....I know where to find you... LOL

Hey DG ..... I am almost done with mine.(well half) you can borrow it when I'm done....I know where to find you... LOL

Wow a lot of people are reading the same book!! Thanks, let me know when you're done and we can meet for a drink. That picture you sent via text from the concert looks like you were really close.

Depressed: not tooo much at the moment. Money is always a woe, but I am going to be starting a new job next week. That is a little scary, but I need a change and maybe that will help. Family life is getting better. I just hate the winter. I think the entire winter season is depressing with the lack of daylight. Driving to work, it's dark out, driving home from work, it's dark out. Too cold to be outside for an extended period of time. God, I think I'm getting depressed as I'm typing this.

I've been feeling depressed because I haven't gotten any in 3 months.

Know what you mean

Wait until 3 years goes by and see how you feel.

Ain't been that long....yet and will go find someone on the side before that happens.

I don't want to hijack here, but I'm curious about The Secret. I will admit I have not read it and I probably should before I judge, but... ;) If I have the premise right, it says that if you "wish" hard enough for something, you will get it. And if you don't get it, you haven't wished/prayed hard enough. Is that correct? I am a huge advocate for positive thinking, but something about that rubs me the wrong way. I can see so many people disappointed because The Secret didn't work for them and that would make them more depressed. I pray to God, but I know He can't do it all for me, I have to be proactive.

Am I way off on the book?

How about if you're right handed, but you use your left hand one time. Is that considered 'cheating' ???

That would depend on what kind of committment you've made to one hand or the other.

Does either hand know what the other is doing?

Each morning I stand on the edge of the bed and hold my underpants out in front of me. On the count of 10 I leap into the air and try to plunge my legs through the underpants and pull them up before my feet touch the floor. I haven't succeeded yet and I'm running out of bruise ointment and sticky-plasters. I'm seriously thinking of giving up.

Sooo depressing. :(

Each morning I stand on the edge of the bed and hold my underpants out in front of me. On the count of 10 I leap into the air and try to plunge my legs through the underpants and pull them up before my feet touch the floor. I haven't succeeded yet and I'm running out of bruise ointment and sticky-plasters. I'm seriously thinking of giving up.

Sooo depressing. :(

:rolleyes::lol:

Wow a lot of people are reading the same book!! Thanks, let me know when you're done and we can meet for a drink. That picture you sent via text from the concert looks like you were really close.

Depressed: not tooo much at the moment. Money is always a woe, but I am going to be starting a new job next week. That is a little scary, but I need a change and maybe that will help. Family life is getting better. I just hate the winter. I think the entire winter season is depressing with the lack of daylight. Driving to work, it's dark out, driving home from work, it's dark out. Too cold to be outside for an extended period of time. God, I think I'm getting depressed as I'm typing this.

She rocked...wish you were there..we were able to stand at the second stage the entire time because our seats were close. As for the book...its OK my friends who have read it said its a good book but has not really done anything for them.

I'm losing my job, if not this week, then the end of the month. Unemployment won't be enough to cover my bills, even if I sell my car and get out of the payments. I'll be in austerity mode for a good while. There are no jobs locally in my business.

I do have a plan for a new career after 30 years in the one I'm in.

The uncertainty is hard to get used to. I'm holding up pretty well, though, considering I've only been laid off once in my life.

I don't want to hijack here, but I'm curious about The Secret. I will admit I have not read it and I probably should before I judge, but... ;) If I have the premise right, it says that if you "wish" hard enough for something, you will get it. And if you don't get it, you haven't wished/prayed hard enough. Is that correct? I am a huge advocate for positive thinking, but something about that rubs me the wrong way. I can see so many people disappointed because The Secret didn't work for them and that would make them more depressed. I pray to God, but I know He can't do it all for me, I have to be proactive.

Am I way off on the book?

The book only enforces the power of positive thinking, its doesn't promise anything. Also, were your friends praying/asking/wishing for material things? Sure, if they "wished" to win the lottery, they are going to be disappointed. The book is suppose to help people think positive, stay positive, and "wish" for good thoughts, not material possessions. Also, praying to God for personal gain doesn't work either. Just pray for peace and understanding, you'll get that.

HEY DG, I've read the book twice, I'll let you borrow it but I'd like to have that one back. Usually I'll read a book and let it go, but not this one. I really don't ask for anything except peace, patience, understanding and to keep my children safe, so the book works for me. If you need any books Dolphin, my library is starting to over run my bedroom. :)

Archived