What is making You Depressed?

Bobblehead

FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what the answer is.

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - In this live-and-let-live town, where medical marijuana clubs do business next to grocery stores and an annual fair celebrates sadomasochism, prostitutes could soon walk the streets without fear of arrest.

San Francisco would become the first major U.S. city to decriminalize prostitution if voters next month approve Proposition K—a measure that forbids local authorities from investigating, arresting or prosecuting anyone for selling sex.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The book only enforces the power of positive thinking, its doesn't promise anything. Also, were your friends praying/asking/wishing for material things? Sure, if they "wished" to win the lottery, they are going to be disappointed. The book is suppose to help people think positive, stay positive, and "wish" for good thoughts, not material possessions. Also, praying to God for personal gain doesn't work either. Just pray for peace and understanding, you'll get that.

HEY DG, I've read the book twice, I'll let you borrow it but I'd like to have that one back. Usually I'll read a book and let it go, but not this one. I really don't ask for anything except peace, patience, understanding and to keep my children safe, so the book works for me. If you need any books Dolphin, my library is starting to over run my bedroom. :)

Thanks 321, but "Mary Jane" offered to lend me hers and she lives much closer, but that doesn't mean that I won't raid any other books you have. Winter is coming VERY soon and this is when I do most of my reading.

Thanks 321, but "Mary Jane" offered to lend me hers and she lives much closer, but that doesn't mean that I won't raid any other books you have. Winter is coming VERY soon and this is when I do most of my reading.

ahhhh...under a blanket on the couch, snow falling, good book and a big pot of sauce on the stove...sounds like a slice of heaven to me!!!!

ahhhh...under a blanket on the couch, snow falling, good book and a big pot of sauce on the stove...sounds like a slice of heaven to me!!!!

Depression = The boyfriend STILL has not allowed us to turn the heat on. So yes, I broke out the extra comforter from the back of the closet for the couch and even got some hot cocoa with a book and read almost the whole book in one night until I had to force myself to put it down and go to bed.

What depresses me is knowing winter is coming and knowing that it's going to be hard to swing fuel oil. Gas is going down but fuel oil has pretty much remained the same. I'll have to be tight on the kids xmas budget as well but that's ok. Everything is going up except my pay and times have been so tight that there's no money left to enjoy any of the perks I used to.

With the way things are I wonder if we will go back to the time when you had 2-3 generations living under one roof. I can't say I'm depressed about anything (well except the lack of a sex life), but I am anxious about things.

Is it Life, Your Family, Job (or lack of) the Holidays approaching, Politics or a Personal situation? Maybe all of the mentioned but curious as to what makes People feel depressed the most? Family probably is first on My list.I hope that whatever is listed here, someone has good advise for every situation and it helps to know You're not alone.

Whenever I am sad, I look at you, Bobble. I love the Bobble. ;)

I read alot, we should have a book club topic. Kinda like the cafe, but with books. That would be intersting, since most of my friends don't read as much as I do. Oprah has a series of books they put together on positive thinking and the way that you draw in positive things by using positive thinking. At first I thought the idea was hokey, still ind of do, but my mom swears that it helps. Even if it simply chnges the way you look at life I guess I see the energy with positive think. Its called A New Earth by Eckhert Tolle. You can look it up online. It may help some people get through the tough times.

Guest rhoda gavildafisch
I don't want to hijack here, but I'm curious about The Secret. I will admit I have not read it and I probably should before I judge, but... ;) If I have the premise right, it says that if you "wish" hard enough for something, you will get it. And if you don't get it, you haven't wished/prayed hard enough. Is that correct? I am a huge advocate for positive thinking, but something about that rubs me the wrong way. I can see so many people disappointed because The Secret didn't work for them and that would make them more depressed. I pray to God, but I know He can't do it all for me, I have to be proactive.

Am I way off on the book?

It worked for me ;)

The book only enforces the power of positive thinking, its doesn't promise anything. Also, were your friends praying/asking/wishing for material things? Sure, if they "wished" to win the lottery, they are going to be disappointed. The book is suppose to help people think positive, stay positive, and "wish" for good thoughts, not material possessions. Also, praying to God for personal gain doesn't work either. Just pray for peace and understanding, you'll get that.

I absolutely agree with what you said about praying, I think it's okay to pray for personal things like good health or something like the strength to quit smoking, but not "Let me hit the lottery"

Like I said, I haven't read the book, but what I have heard sounds a little hokey to me, no offence to anyone. Maybe I just need to read it to see for myself.

As far as the original topic goes, I don't get depressed often. Mostly around Christmas, I really miss my Mom then.

@

I absolutely agree with what you said about praying, I think it's okay to pray for personal things like good health or something like the strength to quit smoking, but not "Let me hit the lottery"

Like I said, I haven't read the book, but what I have heard sounds a little hokey to me, no offence to anyone. Maybe I just need to read it to see for myself.

As far as the original topic goes, I don't get depressed often. Mostly around Christmas, I really miss my Mom then.

@

Dingy, I know how you feel. I really miss my Godmother right now. Tomorrow (Oct. 23) would have been her 54th birthday.

@

Aww, Dingbat!

I agree.

Reading some version of the Bible is a good thing. I like the New English Bible. It can be slow at times, and then fascinating, as it is a compilation of many different authors. If nothing else, you can at least speak to issues with some idea that you are informed. ;)

Depression = The boyfriend STILL has not allowed us to turn the heat on. So yes, I broke out the extra comforter from the back of the closet for the couch and even got some hot cocoa with a book and read almost the whole book in one night until I had to force myself to put it down and go to bed.

My husband won't turn our heat on yet either. Sick of feeling cold. He does this every year. Curling up with a good book and some cocoa sounds real good.

@

Guest Been There Not Signed In
All of the above. Its been an extremely bad year all the way around. I'm just trying to stay positive with the thought that 2009 is right around the corner and this damn year is almost over, thank God. You're not alone. Try reading the book The Secret.

Im with you. 2008 is the worst year of my life. Worse than the year I got divorced. I cant wait for it to end. My number one reason for my depression is my boyfriend and his lying cheating ways. 2009 HAS to be better because he is going to be the top thing I leave behind in 2008.

@

Is it Life, Your Family, Job (or lack of) the Holidays approaching, Politics or a Personal situation? Maybe all of the mentioned but curious as to what makes People feel depressed the most? Family probably is first on My list.I hope that whatever is listed here, someone has good advise for every situation and it helps to know You're not alone.

ALL of the above can.I try and look at everyday this way..and no i am not religious..Whatever god throws at me,he did because he knew i could handle it,he didn't put me here to be unhappy,mean jealous..or whatever i'm feeling.Life is short and the world is small.I enjoy what you can....and i always believed that good things come to people who wait! I also believe things happen for a reason,it might takes years,but things happen for a reason!And in the end,they always turn out. Family is top on my list and its sad because thats why we are called FAMILY! Have a great evening!

ALL of the above can.I try and look at everyday this way..and no i am not religious..Whatever god throws at me,he did because he knew i could handle it,he didn't put me here to be unhappy,mean jealous..or whatever i'm feeling.Life is short and the world is small.I enjoy what you can....and i always believed that good things come to people who wait! I also believe things happen for a reason,it might takes years,but things happen for a reason!And in the end,they always turn out. Family is top on my list and its sad because thats why we are called FAMILY! Have a great evening!

My mother used to tell us "God never puts more on our plates, than we can handle," But darn did he have to set me at the buffet?

Seriously, I tried to look at things the same way you do, and when that doesn't work I look around and see what others endure. And I'm truly blessed.

I miss my brother...Especially at this time of year. He was killed in a car accident October 4, 2002. He was only 36 years old. It was his oldest daughter's 13th birthday. He had just gotten married to his wonderful 2nd wife 37 days earlier. Now we never celebrate my neice's b-day ON her day. I miss him SOOOOOO much. We were VERY close. Having his life taken away depresses me like crazy.

So does the lack of a man in my life. I don"t NEED one...I WANT one...

Archived