What is making You Depressed?

Bobblehead

Bri, you might have a point there. Its times when I am alone and have plenty of time to keep going over all the details that

it seems to get the best of me. I know when I am with friends and my head is clear that I am going to be ok. The other

day was wonderful for me. Just getting out and laughing and talking and ejoying the gorgeous sunshine. Unfortunately,

there are going to be times when its just me. That is when it hits. Like a bomb. Again. And again.

I know I can get thru this and it does help to be able to talk and share things with others going thru the same thing or who

at least try to understand. I know you told me that personally you have never dealth with this but have been close with

someone who has. I appreciate your caring and comforting attitude.

" Your Erroneous Zones" is a great book by Wayne Dyer. It may be an asset to you at this point of your life.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
" Your Erroneous Zones" is a great book by Wayne Dyer. It may be an asset to you at this point of your life.

Dr. Dyer is a great thinker and writer. He's got lots of books and each one a different topic. Getting the right one at the right time would be a tremendous help to someone in pain. I haven't read that one, but I have read others.

I saw him give a talk at the Anderson Center years ago. Superb.

Dr. Dyer is a great thinker and writer. He's got lots of books and each one a different topic. Getting the right one at the right time would be a tremendous help to someone in pain. I haven't read that one, but I have read others.

I saw him give a talk at the Anderson Center years ago. Superb.

"Your Erroneous Zones " was a best seller. Check it out sometime.............

I am so glad I started this thread, You Guys are helping One another and that was the whole purpose. Only One with a Health issue , not any real serious money trouble or jobs (or lack of)or the state of the World but Relationships seem to be the Real cause of depression for most People. I am so glad that We still put People first and the other stuff second because We may be poor or ill or jobless but it's People that really mean the most and that says alot. Thanks to all of You that have made this an Enlightening thread and hoping that We can continue to support and be a safe place to fall for One another!

@

Time diminishes the acute pain, but it never goes away completely. It does become manageable because it has to. We can't function being in constant excruitating pain. Sometimes we have to maintain strict control over it. I could still break down in an instant over something that happened 20 years ago but do have to keep it in control. Had to pull myself out of it because I believed that carrying that much pain would have eventually killed me.

When depressed I always try to remind myself that things could always be much worse and that I really am fortunate. I can get out of bed inder my own steam each morning and go to work. I have a decent job and my family is healthy. That seems to work most of the time for me. The trick is to realize if you need more help than just an internal pep talk.

Moons, keep your chin up. Hope it gets easier for you soon. Glad that people on the board are helping here and in person. Take care.

Trying to heal the wounds. ..... [ ... ] .....

Does anyone know if the hurt ever really goes away, or do you just learn to live with it?

You learn to live with it Moons, and gradually it fades from the foreground of your life. That's provided things don't keep happening to refresh it. So as much closure as possible is a worthwhile aim.

In the early stages you need to go with the flow. If your emotions plunge they've got every reason to. Putting on a brave face and kidding ourselves that we're OK demands enormous energy that is already in short supply because of the trauma. What's left of your reserves is needed in countless unseen little ways daily, without the added burden of maintaining 'cosmetic' feel-good self deceptions. Let your reserves build back up in their own time. That way, when they do (as they surely will) you can believe them.

This might be a good time to recall the proverb of the Oak and the Willow.

In a tempest the Willow was bent to the ground but the stern Oak stood firm. Until one stronger gust snapped the brave Oak. It was never to stand again. When the Tempest passed the supple Willow sprung up again to stand as before.

Too often we try to be Oaks.

Wishing you well. :)

@

OK. I admit that I almost never log in anymore. But I had to in order to add this post.

Over the past months, I'd read the threads on BC Voice and usually do it with a great deal of disgust. The sniping, the trolling, the proselytizing, the political "crap" and all the other general nastiness had really begun to turn me off.

However, with THIS ONE THREAD, I feel like there's still something good happening here. The kindness and compassion being shared is amazing. I have a great deal of respect for the posters who have contributed to this thread.

Thank you for restoring my faith in the BC Voice community.

However, with THIS ONE THREAD, I feel like there's still something good happening here. The kindness and compassion being shared is amazing. I have a great deal of respect for the posters who have contributed to this thread.

Thank you for restoring my faith in the BC Voice community.

I have to admit that I'm amazed that the stalkers and BCV bashers haven't invaded this thread and spewed all their juvenile, bratty, spiteful crap.

I've been waiting for it to happen. I've particularly been waiting for Moons' stalker to show up.

Lo and behold, none of that has happened.......yet.......and hopefully it won't.

It'd be nice to have just one thread not turn into a junk-filled playground of animosity.

Maybe a new environment is developing here.

Boy you must have fun bashing moons. Who are YOU? If you man or woman enough you wont spread your gossip under GUest status.

she started it. check out the "did she get his money" thread

I am constantly amazed at how much love and support has been shown to me these past few weeks by the BCV family, on here and IRL. My stalker has even left me alone to some degree. Thank you for that.

i'm done now. talk to you all tomorrow. bye for now.

MOONS, it's me. ........

Don't you have anything better to do Rick??? Don't pick on "Moons"...you want to play, you play with the "big boys". You still post like a moron....at least do a spell check once in a while...as usual, you sound like an idiot for a Kennedy boy. But then again, everybody hated your guts there...pretty much as BCV years later. You are consistent....you've been an DELETED your whole life!

Sleepless hopefully that shut him up. If you dont mind asking who the heck is he Rick? I have seen many things back and forth with you and a few others but have never figured out. Anyways I was curious and you dont have to explain

Sleepless hopefully that shut him up. If you dont mind asking who the heck is he Rick? I have seen many things back and forth with you and a few others but have never figured out. Anyways I was curious and you dont have to explain

He is a sad little man.

@

Archived